Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BBC Breakfast - Naga Munchetty

Old 31-08-2012, 13:19
dar_boy

Wow. All sorts of wrong in this thread.
Entirely agree - her haircut! really people - why are we reducing this professional woman to a series of playground insults. Fair enough if you don't like her presenting style, the programmes she works on etc - but to get so personal you start on her haircut or why she was chosen as a presenter, i.e to fill some sort of politically correct tick box is just wrong, so wrong.
dar_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-08-2012, 13:29
Caxton
Forum Member

Her hairstyle is far far too severe.
What difference does it really make to the viewer? People are too ready to judge newsreaders and presenters on their looks. The way they read the news or announce things, yes, but what they look like, their colour, haircut and clothes they wear should have be of no or very little importance, so as long as they look smart and reasonably presentable that should be OK.
Caxton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 16:06
petely
Forum Member

Fully agree with that analysis.. and are you thinking of the dread Silverton? Agree with that too, if it is... Sadly she hasn't disappeared.
That's the chap!
Last time I saw her, she was very pregnant - since then nothing (praise the lord ). I never could remember her last name: I always thought "bigbottom" though I knew that wasn't right. Silverton ... yes: same number of syllables and rhythm and a very similar ending.
petely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 16:20
Ed R.Marley
Forum Member

Her hairstyle is far far too severe.
I agree with you. She is a very beautiful woman, but she needs longer hair at least to the shoulder.
Ed R.Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 18:13
JordyD
Forum Member

Hardly call her professional. Never dresses smart for a TV news broadcast, that reminds me last week BBC News with Ellie Cristal and Fiona Armstrong. Fiona had a smart suit, and Ellie sat next to her in a dress. Fiona came out on top in professionalism and on a whole.
JordyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 18:21
mossy2103
Forum Member

So female presenters who wear dresses are unprofessional?

How odd.

It's as if the last 30 or 40 years have just passed you by.
mossy2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 18:33
citizenx103

Naga Munchetty ? that's a made up name.

Is she a pal of Upsa Daisy in The Night Garden ?
Do you say that about all foreign names or is it just certain types you struggle with?

citizenx103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:04
Ashenpimento
Forum Member

I don't think Natasha was ever known for having a laugh and giggles, if anything she seemed straight down the line.

That's so odd, I always that NK was fluffy and lite! I was solo surprised to hear she had a.degree

I never thought.she was icy and distant, funny how people see things differently
Ashenpimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:10
malcy30
Forum Member

That's so odd, I always that NK was fluffy and lite! I was solo surprised to hear she had a.degree

I never thought.she was icy and distant, funny how people see things differently
She is definitely someone I don't warm too. For a morning breakfast slot you want a warmer lighter person.

I think NK is much more suited to the 5am news hour or BBC News presenting standard news shows. She comes across very well on that slot whenever I have seen her on it.
malcy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:53
SaddlerSteve
Forum Member

What difference does it really make to the viewer? People are too ready to judge newsreaders and presenters on their looks. The way they read the news or announce things, yes, but what they look like, their colour, haircut and clothes they wear should have be of no or very little importance, so as long as they look smart and reasonably presentable that should be OK.
She's a nice enough presenter and quite good at her job but the hairstyle is pretty distracting when you're trying to concentrate on what she's saying.
SaddlerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:17
JordyD
Forum Member

Do you say that about all foreign names or is it just certain types you struggle with?

Sorry state when you can't have a light hearted joke about someone's name.
Old 15-12-2012, 21:50
JordyD
Forum Member

How's our Nags doing these days? Got any better or what?
Old 15-12-2012, 23:20
malcy30
Forum Member

How's our Nags doing these days? Got any better or what?
She was on Breakfast this morning. As I said earlier does not work for me on that show. Much better on BBC world News. Just does not come across to me with the light hearted warmth you need for Breakfast. Is better at the more serious shows.
Old 15-12-2012, 23:45
Stunty
Forum Member

She was on Breakfast this morning. As I said earlier does not work for me on that show. Much better on BBC world News. Just does not come across to me with the light hearted warmth you need for Breakfast. Is better at the more serious shows.
She is no better.

Saw her this morning for a couple of minutes barking at the guests in her terse manner.

She is like a Jack Russell biting the ankes of the guests with gnashing teeth.

Nuff said, I am no fan of hers and made me want to switch over straight away.
Stunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 23:58
malcy30
Forum Member

She is no better.

Saw her this morning for a couple of minutes barking at the guests in her terse manner.

She is like a Jack Russell biting the ankes of the guests with gnashing teeth.

Nuff said, I am no fan of hers and made me want to switch over straight away.
She really needs to change her image from serious news style to something much softer is she wants to succeed on Breakfast. As others said above definitely needs to grow her hair much longer. That very short severe cut she goes for does her no favours whatsoever.
Old 14-06-2013, 05:54
Camino
Forum Member

she is awful, its all me me me and yes we know you play golf as you mention it a million times a week, please talk over her Aaron!
Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 06:03
charliesays
Forum Member

It's a strange world we live in when Naga Munchetty can garner two pages of comment, and a fair amount of vitriol!
charliesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 08:00
earthling13
Forum Member

I must have missed this thread first time round.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Naga. If you want really poor presenting, watch Daybreak for 10 minutes.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 09:09
Iphigenia
Forum Member

I'm quite glad to find this thread as I'd thought it was just me who found her irritating - trying for jokes that don't work really, like her opinion of things matters to anyone: just deliver the news, dear, that's all we need.
Iphigenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 10:23
Caxton
Forum Member

Sorry state when you can't have a light hearted joke about someone's name.
Naga Munchetty is far easier to say than Sudha Nagalakshmi Munchetty-Chendriah
Caxton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 10:59
dodrade
Forum Member

She really needs to change her image from serious news style to something much softer is she wants to succeed on Breakfast. As others said above definitely needs to grow her hair much longer. That very short severe cut she goes for does her no favours whatsoever.
She used to have a bob when she worked for Bloomberg, she got the crop shortly before leaving for the BBC.
dodrade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:10
davelovesleeds
Forum Member

I must have missed this thread first time round.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Naga. If you want really poor presenting, watch Daybreak for 10 minutes.
Is it possible to watch Daybreak for 10 minutes?
davelovesleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:24
cbe21ok
Forum Member

I know its really rubbish.
I think Naga is OK better than that yummy mummy woman or whatever she calls herself.
cbe21ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:38
ftv
Forum Member

Naga usually appears only on Sundays when there is no Daybreak.She has yet to comprehend that viewers are not interested in her personal opinions about the news nor her extra-curricular activities.
ftv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 21:06
Staffsyeoman
Forum Member

She slid a few more notches for me on Celebrity Mastermind last year. Very full of herself, beyond any reasonable pride in performance.
Staffsyeoman is offline   Reply With Quote