Options

just started my e-lite electronic cig

CM PRANKCM PRANK Posts: 576
Forum Member
✭✭
i was expecting rubbish but wow.its exactly like a real one but with no bad stuff £30 starter pack 200 equivalant cigs e-cig charger another 200 equivalant refils £8 this is amazing seriously if you smoke switch today now i can smoke down the local again

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an Ego-T battery with clearomiser and 16mg "blackcurrant" e-liquid.

It's awesome!

I'm day 7 off the smokes. :)
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have one that I use only at the weekends. Damn good things really, that no doubt will be taxed once the government cottons on.
  • Options
    potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    CM PRANK wrote: »
    i was expecting rubbish but wow.its exactly like a real one but with no bad stuff £30 starter pack 200 equivalant cigs e-cig charger another 200 equivalant refils £8 this is amazing seriously if you smoke switch today now i can smoke down the local again

Does it still give you the same kick as a normal ciggy does?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    potatolegs wrote: »

yes.....
  • Options
    Graham MilesGraham Miles Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    It's fantastic you can smoke them anywhere apart from flight travel. I don't understand people standing outside the pub smoking £7 a pack ciggies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's fantastic you can smoke them anywhere apart from flight travel. I don't understand people standing outside the pub smoking £7 a pack ciggies.

I think it's still the case that people just aren't aware of them, or are unsure if it's a worthwhile investment.

I'll be singing their praises to anyone who will listen for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i don't understand people going to a pub, drinking £3 beers. I suppose each o their own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    potatolegs wrote: »
    yes and you get the smoke to you dont look like a clown puffing on a whit stick
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokin' on mine right now. I never even planned to give up, and I kinda still don't- I love smoking. Started on the e-cigs about 18 months ago just so I could smoke in the pub, and that's pretty much it for me now! I'll have the occasional real one (maybe one or two a week- I used to smoke 30 a day) but that's it, really. I appear to be giving up smoking by accident.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got no concept of how these things work........

Do you light them ?.............do you draw on them and produce smoke ?

Are they basically cigarettes but with something that isn't tobacco in them ?

Having given up cold turkey 6 months ago after 40 years smoking I suppose i shouldn't really be interested............I mean there's not much point giving up cold turkey then starting smoking something else 6 months later............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

Having given up cold turkey 6 months ago after 40 years smoking I suppose i shouldn't really be interested............I mean there's not much point giving up cold turkey then starting smoking something else 6 months later............

if yoou've given up, then stay away but if you do ever go back, and feel that guilt of an ex smoking returning to his old ways, give them a go. A least they wont kill you.

As for the way they are done. Some are disposable (shit), some have premade cartridges f varying flavours (quick and easy), and some have reservoirs to pour in the nocotine liquids (flavoured to your choice).

you either draw on them (suck), for the electronic filiment to heat up and make the vapour, or you press a button to do so.

like smoking, but without the ill effects.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

when you drag it acctivates the heating element you dont lite it no smell no bad breath it looks and tastes like smoke but its just liquid nicotine vapour
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    like smoking, but without the ill effects.
    caveat except the effects of the drug nicotine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    caveat except the effects of the drug nicotine.

can't argue with that, although it's arguable what those bad effects actually are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    can't argue with that, although it's arguable what those bad effects actually are.
    none so along as you have it.not like been a smackhead
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just to add the habbit of smoking is far more addictive than drug itself.ie after food in the morning with tea
  • Options
    anfortisanfortis Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    CM PRANK wrote: »
    i was expecting rubbish but wow.its exactly like a real one but with no bad stuff £30 starter pack 200 equivalant cigs e-cig charger another 200 equivalant refills £8 this is amazing seriously if you smoke switch today now i can smoke down the local again

A couple of points from an e-smoker of 22 months now...

I disagree, it's not like a real cigarette - I can get the throat hit off of mine, but I don't find it is like a real cigarette at all. It is an acceptable substitute for me, but not the "real thing"

The sellers always exaggerate the "equivalents". I find I'm spending about £100 every 6 months for the e-liquid, plus some for the flavouring and glycerin mixer,but I doubt the equivalent pre-filled cartridges are the equivalents quoted (I know, I bought them). Want to save money? Mix your own!

It is the best thing I've ever done for my health. I can finally breathe again when running for the bus or climbing the stairs. This is probably not the panacea wanted by all, but it certainly works for me (with a tiny bit of mental effort). YMMV
  • Options
    warmleatherettewarmleatherette Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never been questioned vaping mine on a plane, admittedly I don't sit there blowing smoke rings but never been told I can't?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the taste. They taste like normal **** (I know that's the point) but as a rolly smoker, I find it yukky
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anfortis wrote: »
    A couple of points from an e-smoker of 22 months now...

I disagree, it's not like a real cigarette - I can get the throat hit off of mine, but I don't find it is like a real cigarette at all. It is an acceptable substitute for me, but not the "real thing"

The sellers always exaggerate the "equivalents". I find I'm spending about £100 every 6 months for the e-liquid, plus some for the flavouring and glycerin mixer,but I doubt the equivalent pre-filled cartridges are the equivalents quoted (I know, I bought them). Want to save money? Mix your own!

It is the best thing I've ever done for my health. I can finally breathe again when running for the bus or climbing the stairs. This is probably not the panacea wanted by all, but it certainly works for me (with a tiny bit of mental effort). YMMV

Agree with this and the throat hit is what i like about smoking. I end up using it every 30 seconds.

I have nearly run out of **** though, so i am inclined to start using the E cig again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    I don't like the taste. They taste like normal **** (I know that's the point) but as a rolly smoker, I find it yukky

If you get something like this:

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Joye-eGo-T-Starter-Kit

You can buy flavoured liquids and refill your canisters. You can actually make your own as well, my mate is well into it and makes his own, which is handy for me. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd agree that the throat hit is different. Maybe more in the throat rather than the top of the lungs (does that make sense).

Menthol/Mint will improve throat hit. The place I get my juice add menthol to everything and God bless em for that.

The tobacco flavours are a mixed bunch, on the whole I don't like them. Don't be afraid of experimenting with different flavours. My go to flavours are blueberry lemonade and pear and coconut cream.
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BUMP - The more people who get to hear about the E-Cigs the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Beaks wrote: »

You can buy flavoured liquids and refill your canisters. You can actually make your own as well, my mate is well into it and makes his own, which is handy for me. :)

When I first started using mine I found the idea of different flavours weird, I was thinking why would you want to smoke something sickly sweet?

After reading about so many flavours I thought I'd give it a go with a small tester and was amazed how enjoyable it was.

Now I think why would you want to smoke tobacco flavours because lets face it tobacco tastes like shite :D

Currently loving cola flavour (tastes like colacubes), honeydew melon and sherbet lemon (which even has the sharp tang of the real thing), when I run out and have to revert back to tobacco flavours I'm always waiting for the post by the door :D

If like me you thought it sounds horrible, give it try you might be surprised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Beaks wrote: »

Is that not the totally wicked tornado without the branding?

Think its cheaper there at the moment?