Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Saturdays in America

Old 03-02-2013, 12:59
MTUK1
Forum Member

Havent watched their E show yet....is it good?
It err starts tonight.
MTUK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-02-2013, 14:43
shaunnashines
Forum Member

They should have simply released Higher... not this new single. Even as someone who isn't much a fan, Higher was the catchiest of the lot. And even when they secured numerous TV shows, they pursued with What About Us. At least push your strongest song of the lot and gain some popularity out there before going with some new single.
Wow you actually giving some constructive criticism/advice for a pop group
shaunnashines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:55
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

It err starts tonight.
What time? I'm going to record it.
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 16:41
Stally
Forum Member

Wow you actually giving some constructive criticism/advice for a pop group
Lol I was surprised too.
Stally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 17:06
MTUK1
Forum Member

What time? I'm going to record it.
10:00PM I think.
Old 03-02-2013, 18:33
Sex
Forum Member

Really exite for it.....

Does anyone know the chart position for their song that thy released in America ?
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 18:42
MTUK1
Forum Member

Really exite for it.....

Does anyone know the chart position for their song that thy released in America ?
Never made the top 100
Old 03-02-2013, 18:44
Shadow2009
Forum Member

Really exite for it.....

It's not been properly promoted yet or sent to radio so it's still jumping up and down the top 1500 on iTunes. It went to #102 after a Jay Leno performance but because of no airplay or further promo it's fallen quite drastically since then.

It probably won't *peak* until April or May, whenever the girls are back to promote it and radio start playing it.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 18:51
MTUK1
Forum Member

It's not been properly promoted yet or sent to radio so it's still jumping up and down the top 1500 on iTunes. It went to #102 after a Jay Leno performance but because of no airplay or further promo it's fallen quite drastically since then.

It probably won't *peak* until April or May, whenever the girls are back to promote it and radio start playing it.
I like your optimism but I don't think it will peak again. The girls management are awful and dont seem to understand the American market. They should have stayed there. What are they thinking coming home?
Old 03-02-2013, 18:53
Shadow2009
Forum Member

I like your optimism but I don't think it will peak again. The girls management are awful and dont seem to understand the American market. They should have stayed there. What are they thinking coming home?
No idea.

They're back over in the next week, I think, though because Marvin from JLS said Rochelle would be in America for Valentines Day.
Old 03-02-2013, 21:48
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

10:00PM I think.
Thanks. The Super Bowl starts at 11 so I'll actually be able to watch Chasing The Saturdays. Anyone else going to watch it?
Old 04-02-2013, 23:21
MysteriousOz
Forum Member

Omg I made it through 5 minutes, until they showed them all sounding like spoiled princesses in their own apartment each! Then Frankie says she is homesick and calls mollie and goes to her room then I switched off!

I know it's all set up but seriously looking desperado Saturdays....
MysteriousOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 23:25
String9
Forum Member

The show was terrible. I reckon they will split up before the end of the year.
String9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:24
Shadow2009
Forum Member

To sum up for anyone who's missed their progress, What About Us went to #102 on US iTunes after a Jay Leno and Today Show performance, then they went back to the UK and three weeks later the song is at #650 on iTunes, there's still no airplay and Little Mix have already peaked higher than them with one day of release.

The Saturdays, ladies and gentleman.
Old 05-02-2013, 22:32
clfan
Forum Member

Omg I made it through 5 minutes, until they showed them all sounding like spoiled princesses in their own apartment each! Then Frankie says she is homesick and calls mollie and goes to her room then I switched off!

I know it's all set up but seriously looking desperado Saturdays....
right there is just something about them I dont like. they are all a little shallow

Una is my favourite not just because shes Irish but she actually seems the most down to earth
clfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:32
AdzPower
Forum Member

Christ, they really did pick a bad time to promote or not promote as is the case, my feeling is that they should have waited until Rochelle had had her baby and had gotten some rest, then they could have swooped in full force with a giant blitz of promo and hopefully get a hit.
I imagine that's what their plans are now.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:15
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Una is my favourite not just because shes Irish but she actually seems the most down to earth
She seems nice. Mollie is my second favourite Saturday because she seems like she'd be good fun to have around and she's also a fan of Britney Spears (that would be something me and her have in common)

The show was terrible. I reckon they will split up before the end of the year.
It really depends on how well their album sells rather than on the TV show ratings. It should be about the music first rather than the TV show.
Old 05-02-2013, 23:27
SpiderMan 83
Forum Member

It really depends on how well their album sells rather than on the TV show ratings. It should be about the music first rather than the TV show.
Spot on, End of the day America has enough of these silly shows. They hate most of them as it is. So not sure this was ever going to be a hit.

End of the day like you say it should be about the music. They need to show america why they are better then all UK girbands out there.

They need to show they have star quality better then what the yanks have got.
SpiderMan 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:30
SpiderMan 83
Forum Member

They should have thought about cracking the UK and Europe before going over there. Their management seem to be silly fir not seeing that.
SpiderMan 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:57
MysteriousOz
Forum Member

They should have thought about cracking the UK and Europe before going over there. Their management seem to be silly fir not seeing that.
But there Management has never done what they should have, I reckon put a group of their biggest fans in a room and they could make better decisions than their so called management team.

Wrong singles, wrong timelines, wrong oppourtunities it all just screams too little too late!
MysteriousOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:58
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Spot on, End of the day America has enough of these silly shows. They hate most of them as it is. So not sure this was ever going to be a hit.

End of the day like you say it should be about the music. They need to show america why they are better then all UK girbands out there.

They need to show they have star quality better then what the yanks have got.
I'm sure the UK is getting fed up of cheap reality shows as well. Who thought a TV show was a good way of promoting a group's music?
Old 06-02-2013, 13:09
MTUK1
Forum Member

I'm sure the UK is getting fed up of cheap reality shows as well. Who thought a TV show was a good way of promoting a group's music?
I don't think the show is out to promote just their music Persey. It's all about the brand. Remember very little income is made from record sales these days. If successful in the states the group could launch perfumes, tour, release merchandise etc.
Old 06-02-2013, 13:24
Declan_Khan
Forum Member

I can't help thinking trying to sell a girl group in America where two of the members are married is a bit of a stupid waste of time. Single, sexy and available is what they need to be to be considered a hot commodity. As Vanessa has all the personality of a brush and is what they'd call "unconventionally beautiful" their best bets are "British blonde bombshell" Mollie and "Sexy Keira Knightley lookalike" Frankie but those two can't drag the rest of them to success. Just seems a real wasted effort given the circumstances.
Declan_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 14:15
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I can't help thinking trying to sell a girl group in America where two of the members are married is a bit of a stupid waste of time. Single, sexy and available is what they need to be to be considered a hot commodity. As Vanessa has all the personality of a brush and is what they'd call "unconventionally beautiful" their best bets are "British blonde bombshell" Mollie and "Sexy Keira Knightley lookalike" Frankie but those two can't drag the rest of them to success. Just seems a real wasted effort given the circumstances.
They really should have gone over to the US before Una and Rochelle got married. They should have gone over in late 2009 after Wordshaker was released or even 2010 and focused on the music rather than a reality TV show.
Old 06-02-2013, 14:32
scratchy23
Forum Member

To sum up for anyone who's missed their progress, What About Us went to #102 on US iTunes after a Jay Leno and Today Show performance, then they went back to the UK and three weeks later the song is at #650 on iTunes, there's still no airplay and Little Mix have already peaked higher than them with one day of release.

The Saturdays, ladies and gentleman.
LOL!!

I feel mean but I'm so glad they're flopping. I find them to be such arrogant bitches, and their fans to be completely deluded. For them to expect to ever get any US success is frankly hilarious. If the UK barely cares about them, why would Americans?!
scratchy23 is offline   Reply With Quote