Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Cancelled or Ended US Shows!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:03
Soaps Addict!!
Forum Member

Which shows that you liked that where cancelled or had ended its run would you bring back for a revival and what changes would you make for that specific show to improve it better or refresh it in order to put your own stamp on it?
Soaps Addict!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:50
sharky_boy
Forum Member

I would 100% bring back Ringer. SMG was amazing and the show was completely underrated.
If I were to suggest changes, it would be spending less time on flashbacks and more focus on the present.
And of course Bridget and Siobhan would have to meet!
sharky_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:25
Mark A
Forum Member

Jerry Bruckheimer's Chase - excellent cop show that easily deserved another season or two.

Regards

Mark
Mark A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:58
starsailor
Forum Member

I thought 'The Chicago Code' was excellent, and deserved more than the single season it got.

Chase was good as well, I enjoyed 'Annie' as a character. Always like shows which aren't based in California or New York...
starsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:02
paulschapman
Forum Member

Which shows that you liked that where cancelled or had ended its run would you bring back for a revival and what changes would you make for that specific show to improve it better or refresh it in order to put your own stamp on it?
Stargate Universe - just getting into it's stride and it got cancelled
paulschapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:11
the chimp
Forum Member

I enjoyed "Joey" infinitely more than "Friends", I'd be happy to see that back.
the chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:25
dij
Forum Member

I enjoyed "Joey" infinitely more than "Friends", I'd be happy to see that back.
REALLY?! Even Matt LeBlanc hated 'Joey'
dij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37
Beer_Monster
Forum Member

Terriers.

Such a great, Under-rated show.

Fox really dropped the ball in cancelling this show, IMO.
Beer_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37
DarthFader
Forum Member

Not enough to give back the millions he made from it though I bet. Did he not read the script before? I can't bear actors who hate the stuff they are in when it is panned by fans. If it was still running now would he come out and hate it? Sorry not addressing this spew to you, just to Blancy

PJ
DarthFader is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:53
the chimp
Forum Member

Joey was funny whereas Friends was full of mush that blokes dont really want to see, none of the women in friends were funny, Schwimmer dragged alot too, the only thing keeping friends going was Joey and Chandler.
the chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 13:16
nmj216
Forum Member

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - brilliant and so deserved better!

Arrested Development - but finally they saw the light and it's coming back next year wayhey!

OH - said Jerry Bruckheimers Chase. He LOVED that show
nmj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 13:45
caz06
Forum Member

Tru Calling - Season 1 was was very slow and didn't seem like it was going anywhere so can see why they took the decision to axe it, but season 2! wow , such a step up and each episode was amazing, finally started to get somewhere and if what the producers revealed after it finished airing was gonna in future episodes then this show would have got bigger and lasted a good few seasons more!
caz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 13:48
PhoenixRises
Forum Member

There are quite a few that I wish hadn't been cancelled when they were.

Studio 60 was a marvellous programme and was funny, smart and though provoking all at the same time.

Surface ended on a cliffhanger and I always wanted to see how it would have continued, plus I though Nim was brilliant.

Tru Calling was just getting interesting when it ended which is a shame because those who had stuck with it was actually beginning to be rewarded.

Sarah Connor Chronicles again another one that was cut off as it was starting to get more interesting.

There are loads more including some mentioned in the thread already.
PhoenixRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 15:15
Louise-ann
Forum Member

I would 100% bring back Ringer. SMG was amazing and the show was completely underrated.
If I were to suggest changes, it would be spending less time on flashbacks and more focus on the present.
And of course Bridget and Siobhan would have to meet!
Agree!
Louise-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 19:05
PhilH36
Forum Member

I would 100% bring back Ringer.
I thought 'The Chicago Code' was excellent, and deserved more than the single season it got.
Stargate Universe - just getting into it's stride and it got cancelled
Tru Calling was just getting interesting when it ended which is a shame because those who had stuck with it was actually beginning to be rewarded.

Sarah Connor Chronicles again another one that was cut off as it was starting to get more interesting.
I'll second all these suggestions.
PhilH36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 20:03
dare_2_defy
Forum Member

Breakout Kings
dare_2_defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 20:35
TeenieTina
Forum Member

For last season, Ringer. Loved it!

Anyone remember Reunion? It aired on e4 around 2006. It was about a group of 6 people who have a 20 year reunion and one of them is murdered. Each episode is a flashback telling the story of what happened up until 2006.The last episode that aired was 1997 or 1998 so you never found out what happened.
TeenieTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 20:46
Joe_Zel
Forum Member

Not enough to give back the millions he made from it though I bet. Did he not read the script before? I can't bear actors who hate the stuff they are in when it is panned by fans. If it was still running now would he come out and hate it? Sorry not addressing this spew to you, just to Blancy

PJ
How many people who work for a company hate things about the way it's run, or decisions made by the bosses? Plenty.

No different to actors who have to act awfully written scripts because it's a job.

I don't see why they're not allowed an opinion.
Of course he wouldn't come out and slate the show publically if it was still running, that would cause him to get the sack.

Plus, whether you got enjoyment out of it or not, there's no denying it was dreadfully made. Cashing in on the success of Friends without any actual effort put in whatsoever.
Joe_Zel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 21:05
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

The Nine Lives of Chloe King and The Secret Circle!

Also I would love for there to be a spinoff of FRIENDS of some sorts but I wouldn't want it to be called FRIENDS because you can't redo that show, it was perfect.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 21:54
Chicharito14
Forum Member

I know it's been a while but I would bring back The Wire and hopefully try have it start where it left off.
Chicharito14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 22:08
Chzza
Forum Member

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - brilliant and so deserved better!

Arrested Development - but finally they saw the light and it's coming back next year wayhey!

OH - said Jerry Bruckheimers Chase. He LOVED that show
Studio 60 was brilliant, it wasn't given enough of a chance.
Cannot wait for new arrested development, its funny and clever. Hope gob revives the chicken dance!
Chzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 22:10
scoobyju1
Forum Member

For last season, Ringer. Loved it!

Anyone remember Reunion? It aired on e4 around 2006. It was about a group of 6 people who have a 20 year reunion and one of them is murdered. Each episode is a flashback telling the story of what happened up until 2006.The last episode that aired was 1997 or 1998 so you never found out what happened.
I always thought I missed the last episode! Now I know lol

Loved that show!
scoobyju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 23:43
topcat3
Forum Member

Im missing medium! think im the only one though
topcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 23:58
Joe_Zel
Forum Member

Im missing medium! think im the only one though
I only recently got into Medium on living tv. Bought some DVDs aswell, love it. Bit sick of seeing them in bed all the time but it's great nonetheless.
Joe_Zel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 13:21
NWScots
Forum Member

Journeyman. I really enjoyed that even though it was just a bit of fluff and thought it deserved more than one season. Kevin McKidd ain't done too badly since then either so it did him no harm.
NWScots is offline   Reply With Quote