Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Halloween 3 Season of the witch

Old 09-09-2012, 17:46
damo1988
Forum Member

I actually really liked the story if they remade the film would it work if wasnt attached to the halloween franchise
damo1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-09-2012, 18:46
Inky Binky
Forum Member

"Halloween 3" was actually a pretty decent film. But it will probably be forever shunned by most Halloween fans because there's no Michael Meyers in it. The studio did a stupid thing by naming it "Halloween 3".
Inky Binky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 18:52
MissDexter
Inactive Member

Just been released on Blu-ray in the US with retrospective documentary, filming locations then and now, audio commentaries. First time in HD.

My copy should be here this week
MissDexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 19:11
VoodooChic
Forum Member

Should have been called just "Season of the Witch" or "Masks of Death" or something. The studio wanted Halloween to become an anthology of scary films, each year a different story but called Halloween 3,4,5 etc. They thought they had told the Michael Myers story.
VoodooChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 19:18
LiverpoolFCGirl
Forum Member

Yup, I actually enjoyed this film. In reality though it should not have been attached to the Halloween franchise.
Michael Myers = Halloween.
No Michael Myers = Unhappy Halloween fans!
Sad, but true.
LiverpoolFCGirl is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 19:58
MissDexter
Inactive Member

Michael Myers does appear in it
Old 09-09-2012, 20:22
InMyArms
Forum Member

I was really annoyed the first time watching it because of the lack of Michael I didn't realise until I was watching it.
InMyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 20:24
gerry d
Forum Member

Regading the title of this film.The 3 in the title is actually reference to the 3 Silver Shamrock Masks.
gerry d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 21:28
jamespondo

Michael or no Michael, I still found it to be just another in a long line of messy, badly made, silly 80's B movies from the horror genre. The only thing it has going for it that nauseating song.

Without Halloween in the title it would have fallen into obscurity.
jamespondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 21:34
MissDexter
Inactive Member

Michael or no Michael, I still found it to be just another in a long line of messy, badly made, silly 80's B movies from the horror genre. The only thing it has going for it that nauseating song.

Without Halloween in the title it would have fallen into obscurity.
It also has a good electronic score from Carpenter, though obviously nowhere near as good as the Halloween theme.
Old 09-09-2012, 21:37
Orangemaid
Forum Member

oh i love this one ..it's different
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 21:50
Wulfster
Forum Member

I love this film!

It was also surprisingly gory and full-on for it's time.
I've seen several versions of this, but when I saw it the cinema it was only a 15, but it contained an un-cut version of the sequence where the henchman (robot?) plunges his fingers straight into the old guys eye-sockets and crushes his skull!
I remember my jaw dropping...
It also has kid-killings (actually that's the whole concept) and an off-camera driller-killing!
Wonderful cliff-hanger ending as well.
If, as Miss Dexter says, there is a new Blu-Ray, I will have to invest!

I really wish the franchise had continued in this way, with fresh Halloween stories every year!
Mind you, at least the sequels gave us Danielle Harris, who is a bit of a genre star now ...
Wulfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 21:55
MissDexter
Inactive Member

I love this film!

It was also surprisingly gory and full-on for it's time.
I've seen several versions of this, but when I saw it the cinema it was only a 15, but it contained an un-cut version of the sequence where the henchman (robot?) plunges his fingers straight into the old guys eye-sockets and crushes his skull!
I remember my jaw dropping...
It also has kid-killings (actually that's the whole concept) and an off-camera driller-killing!
Wonderful cliff-hanger ending as well.
If, as Miss Dexter says, there is a new Blu-Ray, I will have to invest!

I really wish the franchise had continued in this way, with fresh Halloween stories every year!
Mind you, at least the sequels gave us Danielle Harris, who is a bit of a genre star now ...
What do you mean "If"? I'm not telling porkies.......

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/pro...0981be5d5846b2
Old 10-09-2012, 00:19
speedy_gonzales
Forum Member

this is one film that world be perfect for a remake,the evil toymaker would have more technology available today like the internet and smartphones to get his plan across.
speedy_gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:29
Aneechik
Forum Member

It's an unfairly maligned film. It was always interesting back in the 80s that the only version you could get on video was the censored 15 version while BBC1 used to show it uncut.
Aneechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49
loopingstar
Forum Member

Please tell me this is going to get a UK release !!!! H3 has always been one of my favourite movies .... Just something about it , don't know if it's the music score or just the way it was shot , but it scared me when I first watched it as a kid all those years ago , and I still find it wonderfully creepy even today . Has a great atmosphere to it , and makes such a change from the normal slasher movies . In fact I guess it's a bit more sci-fi than pure horror . Love it , really hope it gets a UK release in time for the big giveaway at 9 ! Watch The Magic Pumpkin............Watch .............Watch.
loopingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:46
Johnny Clay
Forum Member

Great little film, and a true oddity, though I understand Nigel Kneale was rather miffed with it.

btw, as of today, it's....fifty one days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...
Johnny Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 17:51
adamo8
Forum Member

Bought the DVD a couple of weeks ago and haven't watched it yet. Think i may watch it tonight!
adamo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:12
revolver44
Forum Member

I didn't enjoy it at the time of it's release because it was so different to the previous ones, maybe a rewatch is in order.
revolver44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:18
mistygal
Forum Member

I always liked Halloween 3. Much better than some of the Halloween films which followed, apart H20 which was decent come back, then to ruin it all over again.
mistygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:25
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

I intend to watch this for the first time in October.
SillyBillyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 15:21
Nik01
Forum Member

There is always something about Halloween 3, its not that impressive the first few times you watch it but it seems to have because a bit of a classic over the years and it has certain amount of charm. I do think that it did need the "Halloween" title attached to it to though else it might have just slipped into obscurity.

Lets face it though nothing can be worst than number 6, 7 and 8 in the franchise haha
Nik01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 15:25
dee123
Forum Member

This is one horror movie i would actually like to be remade.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 18:34
jamespondo

There is always something about Halloween 3, its not that impressive the first few times you watch it but it seems to have because a bit of a classic over the years and it has certain amount of charm. I do think that it did need the "Halloween" title attached to it to though else it might have just slipped into obscurity.

Lets face it though nothing can be worst than number 6, 7 and 8 in the franchise haha
I like H20. It's a pretty tame horror movie - very little gore and needed more complications - but it was a tour-de-force performance of Jamie Lee Curtis' iconic scream queen.
jamespondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 21:48
Nik01
Forum Member

I like H20. It's a pretty tame horror movie - very little gore and needed more complications - but it was a tour-de-force performance of Jamie Lee Curtis' iconic scream queen.
I can never get on with it, it was all a little bit of a slap happy teen fest for me

I do agree with Jamie Lee Curtis though. She can never be criticised, she was always the best thing about the Halloween franchise.
Nik01 is offline   Reply With Quote