Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

EU Nintendo Direct Wii U preview - 3PM UK Time, Thu 13th Sep

Old 13-09-2012, 21:20
Rich_L
Forum Member

The 299 one comes with Nintendo Land, the 330 one is with Zombie U. But yeah, different release dates on them.
Right, thanks. Couldn't see with the iPad, just showed me the prices and date. Prob my fault though.
Rich_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-09-2012, 23:13
-GONZO-
Forum Member

If 8GB or 32GB isn't enough, you can use a 3 Terabyte USB hard drive if you wish.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...sb_hard_drives
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 23:22
Dan-Bevis
Forum Member

Worst launch line up ever, by the way.
The Wii launch line-up was barren on this planet... Also the 3DS.

The Wii U launch/window is the most stellar console one is a long, long time, imho.

Nintendo can't. They got screwed by the European Commission for "price-fixing" so they have stopped providing prices
And yet Apple aren't subjected to the same law?
Dan-Bevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 23:23
TheTrader78
Forum Member

I've ordered my Premium black wii u (Nintendo Land bundle) on Amazon a few hours ago for 284....with the guarantee that if the price is lower at launch (which I think it will be, I reckon it'll be 250) then that is what I'll pay.

I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros U and Zombi U on 30th November. Was hoping for Pikmin 3 but that looks like a 2013 release now.

Any other game which tickles my fancy can go on my christmas list.
TheTrader78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 23:28
Mandark
Forum Member

Hmm yes, the Wii was overpriced for some time, and it didn't seem to hurt it. I dunno, I get a different feeling here. I think once the public perception is of an expensive item, it'll be a really difficult, N64-shaped uphill struggle.

As ever, we'll see, but for me personally it's going to have to work harder than that to get me this time. 300 is not easy to come by for me these days, and games on top.
Yep, the Wii seemed like relatively cheap fun with a gimmicky controller that everyone wanted to play with. And we were all better off. I think every next gen console's going to be a hard sell once the early hype has worn off.
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 07:32
kyresa
Forum Member

I've ordered my Premium black wii u (Nintendo Land bundle) on Amazon a few hours ago for 284....with the guarantee that if the price is lower at launch (which I think it will be, I reckon it'll be 250) then that is what I'll pay.

I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros U and Zombi U on 30th November. Was hoping for Pikmin 3 but that looks like a 2013 release now.

Any other game which tickles my fancy can go on my christmas list.

I can only see a black one for 299..... has the nintendoland pack been taken off already?

Edit: No, it appears this is the nintendo land one.. obv they've bumped the price a bit already probably due to orders, it'll go down again as yourightly say!

Also wanting Pikmin 3... I spent hours on 1
kyresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:24
alves
Forum Member

Was expecting prices to come in a little lower. Perhaps retailers will start to offer some more competitive bundles closer to launch?

I'm not pre-ordering. Yet.
alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:52
kyresa
Forum Member

Was expecting prices to come in a little lower. Perhaps retailers will start to offer some more competitive bundles closer to launch?

I'm not pre-ordering. Yet.

Pre order and wait for the price to come down... or pre order and if a price does come better somewhere else, then cancel the first pre-order.

Remember the wii saga....!!!!
kyresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:07
CoolboyA
Forum Member

Also, we are only getting 3 months Nintendo Network Premium. Japan gets a whole year!
CoolboyA is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:34
FunkyColdModena
Forum Member

Also, we are only getting 3 months Nintendo Network Premium. Japan gets a whole year!
Japan doesnt get a game
FunkyColdModena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 13:39
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

Looking at the official Wii U launch line-up I think it's one of the best we've ever had, up there with the original Xbox. There's some great titles available on launch, Zombi-U (The "Dark Souls" of zombie games) and Rayman Legends alone would be excellent but with the other games on top it seems Nintendo have most things covered. Wii U needs racing games though.

Love the ability to play local multiplayer on Black Ops 2 with one player using the gamepad and another the TV screen, I think it shows the potential of what the system can offer in terms of multiplayer and that's gonna be more fun than any online session.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 13:53
chopoff
Forum Member

The Wii launch line-up was barren on this planet... Also the 3DS.

The Wii U launch/window is the most stellar console one is a long, long time, imho.
Sorry, perhaps I should have clarified - I'm referring to launch day, not the window.

Now seven titles as COD has now been confirmed as launch day too.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 17:28
Davonator
Forum Member

Eurogamer posted this handy guide for those who are looking to pre-order. It looks like Zavvi and The Hut are way ahead of the pack when it comes to best pre-order price

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...heres-cheapest
Davonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 14:39
herescuckoo
Forum Member

Ive gone for the wii u premium bundle with zombie u and a pro controller from sainsburys! Theres a 10% off code which makes the bundle 296! Bargain
herescuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:07
PinSarla
Forum Member

Gah, I'm torn. A part of me wants it, but mainly all I want is an F-Zero game and Metroid Prime game!
PinSarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 18:20
darkthunder35
Forum Member

Gah, I'm torn. A part of me wants it, but mainly all I want is an F-Zero game and Metroid Prime game!
I'm the same. On the one hand I want a new shiny toy and I really want Zombii U, but on the other hand, I can't justify it yet.

Having said that come the release I'm expecting to have caved.
darkthunder35 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote