Options

EastEnders: Who'll be next up the duff duff?

dulliredullire Posts: 20,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who do you think will be the next female on EastEnders to get pregnant? Lola and Janine both gave birth to baby girls this summer. There tends to a few births a year and with no women currently pregnant on the Square, I thought it'd be interesting to predict who'll be next. I'm also interested to hear your thoughts, many posters say a baby ruins a character but it can also had an extra layer to a character. Many are warming to Lola now she's is showing her caring side and doing her best by Lexi.

1. Kat Moon.
Kat is currently having an affair with a mystery shagger aka Derek. Soaps love who the daddy storylines so Kat becoming pregnant wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. Alfie supposedly has a low sperm count so he'd suspect the shagger but he did get her pregnant last September but unfortunately she miscarried.
I'd love Lorraine to make Tommy Alfie's child, Tommy getting ill could bring Kalfie closer together and he could need a donor, Alfie is tested and they confirm he has been the daddy all along.

2. Lauren Branning
Lauren is set to embark on a relationship with her cousin Joey. Lauren likes a drink and could easily become pregnant after a ONS. Being pregnant by her cousin would be interesting with a high chance that the baby would be born with defects, we could see her decide whether she should keep the baby or not. It might add an extra layer to the story, if Derek cause her to miscarry how would that make Max. Tanya , Joey & even Lauren react on top of everything else that he has done. Lauren likes to run people down..

3. Abi Branning
I expect she'll get back with Jay in the coming months. I don't think they've took their relationship to the next level yet but I could see them doing the deed this winter. Jay is 18 soon and Abi is 16. Abi has career plans and wants to be a vet. What effect would having a baby have on them plans? Maybe it's too soon after Lola. We've seen Jay's paternal side with Lexi, maybe if Abi doesn't want a child she could lose him to Lola. Abi will be going to uni eventually and where'll that leave Jay?

4. Roxy Mitchell
Amy is 4 in November and will be starting school next year although she still hasn't uttered a word. Roxy might like to give her a brother/sister. She was up for being a surrogate for Chyred. She is 35 next year.
A relationship with Alfie could be on the cards, he has no kids of his own and might see Roxy as his last chance. How would Kat feel if Roxy was pregnant by Alfie?
Looks like she sleeps with AJ on Monday and Michael is after her too so who knows..

5. Whitney Dean
She is currently with Tyler. She works in the nursery and is a nanny to Scarlett. Could she be feeling broody? Many say she's best in scenes with children and family. Could a baby restore her character or will she become a mother to Scarlett in Janine's absence?

6. Kim Fox
Kim has no kids and doesn't seem to want any either. She is in a relationship with Ray who has 2 kids to 2 different mothers. Could having a baby bring out a more serious side in Kim that tends to be lacking? There'd also be numerous comedy opportunities with Kim during and after pregnancy.

7. Lucy Beale
Is it time Ian became a grandad? Lucy was pregnant before and had an abortion behind Jane's back. She seemed uncomfortable with Scarlett on Monday. What if she became pregnant with Joey while he was secretly sleeping with her best friend and his cousin? Might help Hetti to put a bit of weight on.

8. Alice Branning
How would Derek react if his angel was up the duff? Alice appears too sensible but Lucy could drug her after finding out about Joey & Lauren.

9. Poppy Meadow
We don't see much of her but I like what I've seen. I'd like her & Fatboy to get together. How would Poppy deal with it, would she abort it? Is Fatboy ready to be a dad? It might make him grow up, we don't see enough of his sensitive side now Dot isn't there.

10. Sharon Rickman
She's 43 in October. Jack has a habit of getting blonde Mitchells up the duff or will she get pregnant by Phil when that inevitable reunion happens.

11. Bianca Butcher
Bianca is 35. She already has 3 kids to 2 different fathers. Will she have 4 like her mother? Could a reunion with Ray be on the cards?

The rest of the females seem unlikely to me.
Cora is 66.
Tanya is 38 but I think she's happy with the 3 she has.
Jean is 55 in January and Denise will be 44 then too.
Carol is 50 on 3rd October, Zainab is 50 on 24th November and Shirley is 50 next year.
Lola has just had one.

I'm not looking for a pregnancy storyline but it's inevitable that there'll be a few births in the soap next year. Maybe Lorraine will bring in a new family or characters and it'll be one of them. What story opportunities do you think a pregnancy story could have for the characters listed above.

Which female will be up the duff next? 148 votes

Kat Moon
10%
[Deleted User]MiniMeToo3PS[Deleted User]Scrabbler[Deleted User]Gaskell17[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]rapunzel4[Deleted User]Mani_Bhangra[Deleted User] 15 votes
Lauren Branning
33%
Charky[Deleted User]Lisa.BRuthStar[Deleted User]Bertypop[Deleted User]angelic_mishajenn123[Deleted User]open-armsZack06[Deleted User][Deleted User]jussie76pothuthic[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]leahrosre 49 votes
Abi Branning
8%
vald[Deleted User]SupercalifragilDan-BevisBunnyfooemmageeringTass BHannahEEKenkennedykenneClaire-001[Deleted User][Deleted User] 12 votes
Roxy Mitchell
4%
ShamelessnessCuishlalos.kavOtis Hillpuppylove7SoulStarDreamer[Deleted User] 7 votes
Whitney Dean
8%
ILoveStarburstRandomPeter94Louise-ann[Deleted User][Deleted User]habanalafelixrexLaraMitch[Deleted User][Deleted User]karl93[Deleted User] 12 votes
Kim Fox
8%
sweetazkandi[Deleted User]Alex250POneTreeHillFanwalford-e20[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]matty_anderson[Deleted User]LousianaSMIDSYmk2[Deleted User] 13 votes
Lucy Beale
9%
[Deleted User]alias alias[Deleted User]J-J[Deleted User][Deleted User]phill363ryanr554swehJack_Beauchamp[Deleted User][Deleted User]IzzyInTheHouseiceflake 14 votes
Alice Branning
6%
LYNN(E)JustChrisMTom-Bennett.[Deleted User]MasterjonboiIdentityFoxster Hotpot[Deleted User][Deleted User] 9 votes
Poppy Meadow
1%
IanMandyIJoinedInMay 2 votes
Sharon Rickman
7%
sajanSick Bulletx_malibubabeprincesstinSuperAPJrikstan87MinttymintAngelicPrincess[Deleted User][Deleted User]Oooh..HereSheIS 11 votes
Bianca Butcher
0%
Top_Trumps 1 vote
Other
2%
cjdoyleEittol96iHeartAliKing 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim Fox
    My money would be on Kim. It gives her a nice easy storyline, maybe a wedding to plan...gives Denise something to do too as maybe Kim doesnt want to continue the pregnancy and Denise persuades her etc
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Abi Branning
    I'd guess the next pregnancy might lead to an abortion s/l where the father doesn't find out 'til afterwards. Kim or Abi would be good for this. Kim doesn't like kids and Abi would not want to ruin her plans. We could see Abi and Jay reunited only to break up over it.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy Meadow
    Poppy. Fatboy and Alice will continue to "flirt" (if that's what you call whatever the hell it is that's going on between them) but Fatboy will sleep with Poppy and you can fill in the blanks. I disagree about not seeing the sensitive side of Fatboy since Dot left, that's the only side we see!

I think Whitney is a likely contender too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Branning
    I disagree about not seeing the sensitive side of Fatboy since Dot left, that's the only side we see!

I think Whitney is a likely contender too.
    I feel we haven't seen enough of Arthur these past few months. I don't like his scenes with the young ones mainly because most of them are unlikeable/can't act or both.
    I like him as a character but he hasn't been used right since he got with Whitney IMO.
    I miss his scenes with Dot.

Like all the suggestions thus far.

EDIT I agree Zack. I think it'll be Lauren but I don't think she'll have it.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Branning
    It will be Lauren pregnant with Joey's forbidden child. I can see it now....the drama, the outrage, the viewers calling OFCOM, the obligatory scathing Daily Mail article....it's bound to happen...:sleep:
  • Options
    Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca Butcher
    I've not decided yet...please bear with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Alice Branning
    I think it will be Alice.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy Meadow
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    I feel we haven't seen enough of Arthur these past few months. I don't like his scenes with the young ones mainly because most of them are unlikeable/can't act or both.
    I like him as a character but he hasn't been used right since he got with Whitney IMO.
    I miss his scenes with Dot.

Like all the suggestions thus far.

EDIT I agree Zack. I think it'll be Lauren but I don't think she'll have it.

I think he's been quite prominent TBH. I do like the fact that he still hasn't done much yet, he's still a relatively "blank canvas". We haven't seen another side to him yet, other than the nice, relatively care-free one. Whether the other side should be doting father, I'm not sure but I do think it could happen sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca Butcher
    Just one question then I will vote.

Is Bianca in prison at the moment?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Branning
    Top_Trumps wrote: »
    Just one question then I will vote.

Is Bianca in prison at the moment?

Yeah, we're expecting her back in November.

Thanks to everyone that has voted so far.
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim Fox
    I think they should take a break from Pregnant storylines for a while..but I would imagine if Lauren got pregnant with Joey's child it would be quite a shocking storyline..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca Butcher
    Thanks dullagj2. Looking at 11...only one spring to mind....Bianca.

Sex starved in prison, few times with the wardens, then back in Walford pregnant.

No.12 (Others).....could be Ava?

I will vote for Bianca.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Branning
    No probs TT:)

Still no votes for Roxy:D
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy Mitchell
    i said roxy because maybe she falls pregnant after
    sleeping with AJ
    and decides not to keep it
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    I'd like Kim to get pregnant with Ray.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I remember reading that Joey and Lauren won't actually do anything.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy Mitchell
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    11. Bianca Butcher
    Bianca is 35. She already has 3 kids to 2 different fathers. Will she have 4 like her mother? Could a reunion with Ray be on the cards?

Bianca has had four kids but her first (Natasha) died (or was it that she decided to abort due to the baby's illness?). 4 kids is a bad number for brannings to have. Carol had 4 and 1 died, Max had 4 and 1 died, Jack had 4 and 1 died and Bianca had 4 and 1 died
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Roxy Mitchell
    Knowing the great writing skills of the EE writers, my guess is that Alife and Roxy get together but the day before that happens she sleeps with Jack, Michael and AJ all in the same day. Three blissful months later she discovers she's pregnant and the baby can't be Alfie's, thus paving the way for not only a Who's The Daddy? story but also the reunion of Kat and Alfie... :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice Branning
    Alice when they get bored thinking of what to do with her. I suspect we'll get Derek heading the campaign to find and kill the father, too :yawn:
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Lucy Beale
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Bianca has had four kids but her first (Natasha) died (or was it that she decided to abort due to the baby's illness?). 4 kids is a bad number for brannings to have. Carol had 4 and 1 died, Max had 4 and 1 died, Jack had 4 and 1 died and Bianca had 4 and 1 died

Jack has penny who is disabled, Amy, And a kid with Sam. i can't remember a dead or 4th kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren Branning
    Jack has penny who is disabled, Amy, And a kid with Sam. i can't remember a dead or 4th kid.

James
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,665
    Forum Member
    Kat Moon
    chloex321 wrote: »
    James

Yes the one Ronnie swapped for a baby that was still alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Branning
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Yeah I remember her mentioning Natasha during the baby swap. She aborted her because she had spina bifida:(

Lauren in the lead by 12 votes/
  • Options
    habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whitney Dean
    I want it to be kim but i rekon it will be whitney. Doubt it will be sharon she is knocking on a bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca Butcher
    Jeez, just one vote for Bianca, come on!