Options

Jedward making a splash at Milan Fashion Week

Comments

• Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not saying anything about Jedward other than wondering why their appreciation thread has moved into showbiz.:)
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not saying anything about Jedward other than wondering why their appreciation thread has moved into showbiz.:)

We are allowed to post in other forums you know ..we haven't been ghettoised quite yet ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John and Edward aka jedward are one of the most successful people to come from x factor

Talent Is subjective but thing about britney for esample one of the biggest stars in the world wouldn"t make it through x factor

They are multi talented and one day the uk will see it

John and Edward were never going to be a flash in the pan act I thought from the start they have it

There is so much to John and Edward this Is just the start as they get older their talents and experience with grow and grow

Btw hating on jedward is so 2009

Also they have done loads of modelling over the past 3 years and in even had a magazine dedicated to them in Japan which the photographer has only done for stars like lady gaga

Also the uk might find ii heard to move on from 2009 but i think it's opinion is changing here
    There is a big wide world out their who are failing for the jedward charm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Usually flushed with ease, although in Jedward's case there appears to be a blockage as they're still floating.

Aww let them float. They're harmless fun :D
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Jedward, their enthusiasm for life is infectious.

More like enthusiasm for getting millions of pounds out of people while having zero talent at all :rolleyes:

Ghastly pair, the sooner they're forgotten, the better
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    More like enthusiasm for getting millions of pounds out of people while having zero talent at all :rolleyes:

Ghastly pair, the sooner they're forgotten, the better

Well thanks for helping to keep this thread at the top of the forum, so people don't forget about them.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha haa....good on Jedward! Their zest for life is infectious and I love it that there's a seemingly bountiful supply of never ending opportunities opening up to them. They've always had their own unique style and I can just imagine them lapping it up, and making great models! Beware though, because the good looks and angelic features, belie the mischief that lurks beneath! :p Funny, but their appearance on Xfactor now seems a million miles away from the the two canny businessmen they've become. I'm pleased as punch for them :)
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why they annoy people at times but the anger gets OTT and can be undeserved. They are very eccentric, hyper and different. I reckon people just don't get them and get irritated by all the hyperness. I love them though and do get them. But obviously others don't and that's fine
    Some of the comments in that yahoo thing are funny but some are just mean and nasty. Cowardly cyber bullies really, the internet is full of them.
    They are gentle, harmless guys. They are creative and have their own talents.Both are good musicians and have their own style of dressing and being. They are very unique and have the right to be themselves. What harm are they doing to anyone, noone has to buy their music or merchandise.

If you don't like them, which many don't, change the channel , click the next tab, don't post in the rare threads about them. Easy.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only everybody was more like Jedward. The world would be such a happier and exciting place to live in.

But oh so much more exhausting! I don't wish them any harm and glad they have done well for themselves but I am still recovering from their appearance on the Alan Carr show when he rightly put them on the naughty step!
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love these boys. They are clean and hard working. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    But oh so much more exhausting! I don't wish them any harm and glad they have done well for themselves but I am still recovering from their appearance on the Alan Carr show when he rightly put them on the naughty step!

They are still recovering too, but it was about a year ago, (it was filmed a long while before christmas) so they've grown up a bit and are a little calmer now but all wasn't as it seemed, things happened on that show that weren't shown on tv, and the twins were very upset by it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened on the show?

I think they've got a great positive attitude despite the negativity that gets thrown their way.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they've got a great positive attitude despite the negativity that gets thrown their way.

They threw some hair gel over Ruth Jones and then were placed on a "naughty step" by Alan Carr. However some members of the audience reported that Jones had been very rude to the twins beforehand, but this was edited out and all viewers saw was the hair gel incident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have an amazing attitude, they only ever look to the positive and never dwell on anything negative, it's one of the things I admire about them

I don't really want bring up what happened on the show again as its done now, and the twins have moved on, but in a nutshell, Ruth Jones was very innapropriate towards them and continuously accused them of something disgusting..she also made threats to fans in the audience

Unfortunately, that was the one time the twins reacted to the abuse they often get, and they were mortified that they did, but they've moved on, and a year later are barely recognisable to the the boys who appeared on that show

http://twitpic.com/axyzj6
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful people both inside and out. I am so pleased they went on Big Brother, or I would be like some other people and deride them for no real reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, yes. I remember watching the show with the hair gel incident. I wasn't aware of what was edited out though. Without knowing that, I do remember at the time just watching that I felt bad for them because those three were quite rude and mean to them.

I'm glad they've moved on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God bless Jedward, I say.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWalker wrote: »
    Beautiful people both inside and out. I am so pleased they went on Big Brother, or I would be like some other people and deride them for no real reason.

That sort of post made the whole big brother thing worth while :-)

Watched them on a re-run of celebrity wedding planner today, comedy gold! John hiding up a tree from bored guests on a coach will never not be funny! As will Edward's amazing "can we get real, they have star wars costumes here.....we have the power" about dressing the groom!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love these boys. They are clean and hard working. :D

A rarity these days. :)
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    They are still recovering too, but it was about a year ago, (it was filmed a long while before christmas) so they've grown up a bit and are a little calmer now but all wasn't as it seemed, things happened on that show that weren't shown on tv, and the twins were very upset by it.

Really, I remember that.Oh dear so they took the bait laid out for them. Its like BB its not what happens but how you respond.I hope they learned from that. David Walliams really annoys me, so smarmy and cutting. He is always really nasty to them

I saw them on 8 out of 10 cats and their treatment was appalling. They should really reconsider going on these shows, only to be the butt of the jokes of bad, middle aged comedians who belittle others for laughs. You can see they are near to tears at times.:( Its relentless teasing.They are just being exploited by the producers

Its obviously a hope that goading them will make them react badly and in the case of Jones/walliams it worked. A BB contestant who went on 8/10 cats told me, he was insulted all the way through and it was completely edited out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Jedward were invited by fashion designers Dsquared2 and Roberto Cavalli to attend their shows in Milan today!
    wow! lol Good for them :D
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forwward to seeing them on Dancing on Ice, if the rumours are true that they are taking part.
    I think they will do very well and possible one of them will win it. My daughter was sad that they are not touring this year but if they are on Dancing on Ice then they will be touring with that next April so we will see them then, even if they are not singing.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I'm looking forwward to seeing them on Dancing on Ice, if the rumours are true that they are taking part.
    I think they will do very well and possible one of them will win it. My daughter was sad that they are not touring this year but if they are on Dancing on Ice then they will be touring with that next April so we will see them then, even if they are not singing.

From reading this thread and learning that they are in demand the world over, why on earth would they do Dancing on Ice which traditionally mainly has ex-soap stars, retired athletes and RTV wannabees. Are you suggesting that these international superstars need to up their profile in some way?:confused:
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From reading this thread and learning that they are in demand the world over, why on earth would they do Dancing on Ice which traditionally mainly has ex-soap stars, retired athletes and RTV wannabees. Are you suggesting that these international superstars need to up their profile in some way?:confused:

They're certainy very unconventional in the way they go about things. They released a brand new album in the middle of their stay in the Celebrity Big Brother house and had to wait until the show ended to promote it in Europe.

It's possibly because Louis Walsh sees them as an all round entertainment act, and it must be said they have made a fortune from non pop music engagements in the UK.