Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Greys Anatomy Season 9 (US Pace)

Old 27-09-2012, 23:50
Kyle123
Forum Member

Greys Anatomy returns tonight, so I thought I'd start a new thread! Please keep at US pace and avoid posting spoilers, unless they are in tags!

Looking forward to the new season, though not sure if I'll enjoy it quite so much following Lexie's death in the last episode. (Still )

Show starts tonight at around 1am UK time.
Kyle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 28-09-2012, 00:02
Kyle123
Forum Member

Obviously most people heard that the originals were all re-signed at the end of last season, leaving Arizona and Mark's fate in particular peril. Here is what happens to them. (Major spoilers duh!)

Mark
Spoiler

Arizona:
Spoiler
Old 28-09-2012, 01:31
freefaller
Forum Member

Half an hour to go, so excited!!

Tried to re-watch it all before the premiere tonight but only managed to get on the first ep of Season 6.

Hope it's not too sad and they give Lexie a good send off. Will definitely miss her the most!
freefaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 02:08
Sunny B
Inactive Member

Does anyone know UK time when this will appear in the usual download places?
Sunny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 04:38
tq21
Forum Member

I'm so mad

Spoiler

I really didn't see it all coming, I tried to stay away from articles about which actors had left

I'm gonna go to bed & cry now
tq21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 09:00
FeatherMoons
Forum Member

I've just watched it .... and Oh My !!!

Spoiler
FeatherMoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 09:51
MissAliiH
Forum Member

I'm absolutely gutted about
Spoiler

I sense some dark days ahead for the Grey's characters
MissAliiH is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 10:16
javjamoll84
Forum Member

Spoiler
javjamoll84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 15:45
AdzPower
Forum Member

Why are people using spoiler tags? It says US PACE in the title, if people are dumb enough to click on it and read then thats their fault.
Anyways, I'm DEVASTATED about Mark, infact, the whole episode felt foreign to me tbh, it didnt feel like Greys Anatomy, the characters were there but they were all different.
I loved Meredith and Baileys new nicknames.
As for Christina and the old guy...LOL!
Was shocked about Arizona's leg, didnt expect that, the way they were all talking it seemed like she was dead, although why cant she get a prosphetic?
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 15:49
Mystical123
Forum Member

I have to admit I wasn't surprised about anything that happened in the premiere.

Spoiler
Mystical123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 15:52
Mystical123
Forum Member

Why are people using spoiler tags? It says US PACE in the title, if people are dumb enough to click on it and read then thats their fault.
Anyways, I'm DEVASTATED about Mark, infact, the whole episode felt foreign to me tbh, it didnt feel like Greys Anatomy, the characters were there but they were all different.
I loved Meredith and Baileys new nicknames.
As for Christina and the old guy...LOL!
Was shocked about Arizona's leg, didnt expect that, the way they were all talking it seemed like she was dead, although why cant she get a prosphetic?
I used spoiler tags because it's been less than 24 hours since the episode aired, might as well give people a chance to see it. That, and I hate getting told off for not using spoiler tags so I'm just mega careful!

Arizona could get a prosthetic, Callie implied she has by telling her to get up, but I think the point was that Arizona's in a deep depression and refusing to do anything, not even get out of bed.
Old 28-09-2012, 16:28
AdzPower
Forum Member

Honestly I think with all the deaths and all the characters that have left recently its about time to bring back a familiar face (cough* Katherine Heigl *cough).
I miss the old gang, and with all those characters gone now it feels like there is a void, maybe it'll be better once April and Christina come back but still....I feel like there is a massive, gapping hole.
Old 28-09-2012, 17:00
Mystical123
Forum Member

Honestly I think with all the deaths and all the characters that have left recently its about time to bring back a familiar face (cough* Katherine Heigl *cough).

I miss the old gang, and with all those characters gone now it feels like there is a void, maybe it'll be better once April and Christina come back but still....I feel like there is a massive, gapping hole.
Please no. I used to like KH, but Izzie's character was ruined with her acrimonious sudden departure.

Plus George is gone so a lot of the good moments of Izzie's character were lost from that point onwards. And I hate what Alex always turns into when Izzie's involved, he's a far better character when she's not around.
Old 28-09-2012, 17:38
Kyle123
Forum Member

I could live with Izzy coming back, but only if it was actually as part of the storyline, and not just for the sake of it. I've always found the hatred for the character and for Katherine Heigl to be over the top. I think she's really misunderstood and a really talented actress!

Heigl or not, I hope they don't flood the cast with new characters now. Grey's has really struggled to introduce compelling new characters over the last few years. Eric Dane is a huge loss, but his (and Chyler Leigh's) absence will be better filled by giving more to established characters and maybe one or two newbies, instead of flooding the cast with more hit/miss characters.
Old 28-09-2012, 18:00
AdzPower
Forum Member

I could live with Izzy coming back, but only if it was actually as part of the storyline, and not just for the sake of it. I've always found the hatred for the character and for Katherine Heigl to be over the top. I think she's really misunderstood and a really talented actress!

Heigl or not, I hope they don't flood the cast with new characters now. Grey's has really struggled to introduce compelling new characters over the last few years. Eric Dane is a huge loss, but his (and Chyler Leigh's) absence will be better filled by giving more to established characters and maybe one or two newbies, instead of flooding the cast with more hit/miss characters.
Though I agree somewhat I still think we should get Izzy back, it could be worked into the storyline, I mean, 3 main characters have just left the show. That leaves 3 big holes for characters to fill, I do hope they dont use the interns because they really werent very interesting, its all stuff we've seen before, maybe Owen could employ Izzy again (obviously she will have completed her residency somewhere else). Or maybe now that Private Practice is ending Addison could return. I just think we need more familiar faces with the huge losses the show has had the past couple of episodes. Because the core cast has dwindled somewhat. And whilst I agree about giving more air time to present characters I still think something is missing, maybe it'll get better....
Old 28-09-2012, 18:18
peapod152
Forum Member

I was really annoyed about Arizona's leg - it just seemed too obvious, though I guess less obvious than paralysis which would eventually *heal* as in a lot of shows. I'll be glad if it gets her and Callie some proper screen time now though. I also found the reaction they'd written for her unbelievaable. Obviously it's an awful situation but if two people close to you have just died in an accident with you and all you've lost is your leg, I think you'd be hugely thankful.
peapod152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 19:31
IrishChick
Forum Member

Just watched it, it was so sad. Poor Mark I didnt see the twist involving Arizona either. Will be interesting to see how that storyline continues, and if Alex will play a part in her recovery. also kind of bored by the whole Derek story, didnt they do the same with Burke??
IrishChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 19:46
Nina_Sinclair
Forum Member

Just watched it .... can't wait till next week now!
Nina_Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 23:10
D. Morgan
Forum Member

Broke my heart. R.I.P McSteamy. It's going to be tough on Derek and Callie from now on.

I knew Arizona hadn't died (was too obvious) so was waiting for the big reveal of what exactly it was stopping her from leaving the house.

I agree with the above poster that it didn't really feel like Greys - felt all a bit odd.

Bring back Izzie, the only one on the show adding some humour recently is Bailey.
D. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 00:26
gcmac
Forum Member

Very glad Arizona didn't die, hoping this will give her and Callie a lot more screen time as I think they're the best couple and both actresses are brilliant. Also looking forward to seeing Alex's part in this story since he was meant to be on the plane in Arizona's place.

Liking Meredith being known as 'Medusa', I think it's an interesting change to her character and something like a plane crash is probably likely to have some sort of effect on your actions.

It seems fairly obvious that Christina will return to Seattle Grace, and thought they went a bit over the top with her not fitting in in Minnesota.

I felt like the only thing missing was more of a send off for Lexie as she was only mentioned in one passing comment, however I do think Marks death was dealt with very well, I really enjoyed all the videos of happier times, and thought the acting by Sara Ramirez and Patrick Dempsey was super and they definitely shone in this episode.

I feel this episode set the season up pretty well and I am looking forward to next week to find out exactly what happened between the plane crash and now.
gcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 00:55
Mystical123
Forum Member

I felt like the only thing missing was more of a send off for Lexie as she was only mentioned in one passing comment.
But the episode was set some time after the crash, so they'd probably already done the send-off for Lexie in terms of funeral etc, it would have been strange for her to be mentioned more, except perhaps in a comment about Mark now being with the woman he loved. I wonder if her funeral will be in next week's episode or if it's not going to be depicted.
Old 29-09-2012, 07:04
TWS
Forum Member

Think my relationship with Greys after that episode is over how very underwhelming, Greys does drama better than no other show and felt by skipping a month in advance was a big cop out and thought they should have picked up where they left off, so we could have the actual drama and emotions, reactions
TWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 09:48
Mystical123
Forum Member

Think my relationship with Greys after that episode is over how very underwhelming, Greys does drama better than no other show and felt by skipping a month in advance was a big cop out and thought they should have picked up where they left off, so we could have the actual drama and emotions, reactions
Well we're getting that next episode, don't be so impatient! I actually think it created a lot of suspense not knowing what happened - Arizona's fate wasn't revealed until the final scene, which was especially interesting given she was in a bad state at the end of the finale.
Old 29-09-2012, 11:44
Ashenpimento
Forum Member

bloooooooooody ads all over posts!!!! ffs DS - sort it out!!

i can edit now, so i can post.....

aw......Mark /cry

i had to keep stopping, as cant really burst into tears with the family (boys) around me, but the 'dates' at the end, nearly set me off again
Ashenpimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 13:26
Ashenpimento
Forum Member

do we know when its comign to the UK?
Ashenpimento is offline   Reply With Quote