Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Old 03-10-2012, 15:53
Verence
Forum Member

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/10/sky1...ate-for-arrow/
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-10-2012, 00:23
daisiesfan
Forum Member

Can't wait for this It's the only new show that looks worth bothering with this season.
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:39
Motthus
Forum Member

So glad that Sky are showing it close to the US as well!
Motthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 19:06
DC_FC734
Forum Member

As title says anyone watching it ?
DC_FC734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 19:07
Verence
Forum Member

It's been given a full season in the States

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/10/the-...rder-to-arrow/
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 19:17
Salv*
Forum Member

I am loving it as I have watched the first 2 episodes. Hope it does well here!
Salv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 19:33
killthedirector
Forum Member

going to give it a go. i liked smallville and i'm a comic book fan. just hope this ends up better than the trailers.
killthedirector is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 20:20
Mandark
Forum Member

This is a surprisingly strong show. Liking it so far. Although I'm a comic fan I dont know much about the character. Spotted David Nutter is directing. He directed a lot of Star Trek NG.
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 20:23
kendoguk
Forum Member

I'm not likening this 8pm slot I swear stuff is being cut
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 20:31
kendoguk
Forum Member

Did they film this and continuum at the same time lol the same people are showing up
Old 22-10-2012, 20:37
platty
Forum Member

This is pretty good so far , but the ads are bloody annoying ,probably sky plus the rest of the series to skip the ads
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:05
Mandark
Forum Member

Crikey, this could be the best superhero series ever!! I thought it was going to be rubbish but it's well written and well acted. A must see!! Feel sorry for that Digs guy though. He's just trying to do his job! But there again, he could be one of his mum's cronies. Never saw that twist coming!!
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:10
wildhollie
Forum Member

I liked it a lot too, think I'll be sticking with it
wildhollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:11
Salv*
Forum Member

Crikey, this could be the best superhero series ever!! I thought it was going to be rubbish but it's well written and well acted. A must see!! Feel sorry for that Digs guy though. He's just trying to do his job! But there again, he could be one of his mum's cronies. Never saw that twist coming!!
The 2nd episode is even better than the pilot! And I have heard snippets of what is coming. Stephen Amell is so excited about the show, I think he may be the hopeful actor ever at the moment. He just wants it to do well so badly! He has said that the first few episodes is all introductory, and then they focus on the other characters and then it gets VERY intense. Can't wait to see that happen.
Old 22-10-2012, 21:15
horsepills
Forum Member

The main character is really clever - since he's been stranded on the island, he's learnt not only to be an expert in archery and martial arts, he's also an expert computer hacker - despite not seeing a computer in five years!
horsepills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:17
kendoguk
Forum Member

He might have been that before he was stranded
Old 22-10-2012, 21:19
Salv*
Forum Member

The main character is really clever - since he's been stranded on the island, he's learnt not only to be an expert in archery and martial arts, he's also an expert computer hacker - despite not seeing a computer in five years!
True about the computer bit but he went through to hell and back and must have been properly challenged on the island to learn all the martial arts and everything. It makes more sense in the 2nd episode, and after what I saw on that episode, I cannot wait for Episode 3.
Old 22-10-2012, 21:20
logansdad
Forum Member

Have recorded it (so as to skip ads) hope it's good, got a soft spot for The Green Arrow. Shame DC have decided to go the tv route and not the "Supermax" film thats been in the pipeline forever. Would like to have seen GA in the JLA movie as well.
logansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:21
silentNate
Forum Member

Excellent news, I'm really enjoying this show as I am a big fan ol' GA
silentNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:38
horsepills
Forum Member

He might have been that before he was stranded
Seriously?? The combat stuff I can live with, but to think someone could be away from technology for five years then suddenly come back and instantly hack into someone's finances is ludicrous.

I'm not knocking the show overall, I enjoyed it - but the computer stuff was really OTT. Five years is a lifetime in terms of computer hacking. Anyone that thinks that was plausible is insane.
horsepills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:53
Deccomajor
Forum Member

Seriously?? The combat stuff I can live with, but to think someone could be away from technology for five years then suddenly come back and instantly hack into someone's finances is ludicrous.

I'm not knocking the show overall, I enjoyed it - but the computer stuff was really OTT. Five years is a lifetime in terms of computer hacking. Anyone that thinks that was plausible is insane.
I understand what your saying but as the previous poster said we don't know what Oliver Queen knew in regards to computer tech before he was stranded, yes five years from technology is a long time but he may have been some M.I.T grad or something like that beforehand, also alot went on on the island and he may have gained some super Intelligence power which allows him to instantley look or read up on something and know is right away..... just saying

Already seen episode 2 and it's much better than the pilot, plus a 'omg' scene at the end.
Deccomajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:56
Salv*
Forum Member

I understand what your saying but as the previous poster said we don't know what Oliver Queen knew in regards to computer tech before he was stranded, yes five years from technology is a long time but he may have been some M.I.T grad or something like that beforehand, also alot went on on the island and he may have gained some super Intelligence power which allows him to instantley look or read up on something and know is right away..... just saying

Already seen episode 2 and it's much better than the pilot, plus a 'omg' scene at the end.
Agreed. So confused by it. Can't wait.
Old 22-10-2012, 22:09
jenzie
Forum Member

rather enjoyed it myself ..... but perhaps he should use more weaponry like a boomerang or something other than his bow!
jenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 22:12
Salv*
Forum Member

rather enjoyed it myself ..... but perhaps he should use more weaponry like a boomerang or something other than his bow!
He said on Facebook that the first few episodes he was only restricted to do certain things and certain moves. They then decided he was learning quick and taught him more complicated moves... so I reckon it could be the same with the weapons he uses. He stated that he isn't always going to use the bow.
Old 22-10-2012, 22:32
jenzie
Forum Member

He said on Facebook that the first few episodes he was only restricted to do certain things and certain moves. They then decided he was learning quick and taught him more complicated moves... so I reckon it could be the same with the weapons he uses. He stated that he isn't always going to use the bow.
hehe nice

also like the style he jumps ..... like a flying pike
jenzie is offline   Reply With Quote