Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

wrc 3

Old 03-10-2012, 22:07
chris redfield
Forum Member

demo up on psn. played it tonight for a bit and really didn't think much of it. it seems like its veering more away from simulation than the last one, it has a rewind button so you can correct your mistakes. I think thats a bit of an odd choice for a rally game which is more about getting a perfect run and not being able to go over parts multiple times. I guess you could say most rally games are unrealistic as they let you restart a course, but putting the rewind button in there just turns it into less of a skilled driving experience.

also wasn't keen on the smash through a barrier to get points stages, a checkpoint mini game could have been done a little differently and again it just makes me feel this game languishes somewhere in the un-classifiable mud of not really a sim and not enough for arcade.
also the controls were kind of horrid with the left and right shoulder buttons as brake/reverse and accelerate being the default setup,the responsiveness of them wasn't brilliant imo.
music was awful obnoxious dubstep and I didn't like the presentation on the whole.

so first impressions for me is its not good, anyone else tried it? anyone like it?
its a shame because I do like a good rally game, best I got on the stages on this one was 4th place.
chris redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44
scooby1970
Forum Member

I have been lucky enough to play the preview code of it and although not a huge fan of the first two games, this one does seem to be a lot better.

I have previewed the game here and as you can see, I was quite impressed with it. The difference it makes just by switiching stability controls to on is remarkable!

Mark
scooby1970 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 16:45
chris redfield
Forum Member

i'll look into stability control next time I fire up the demo, but again I get the feeling its perhaps simplifying it too much? did you use a wheel when playing?
I agree that the graphics did look a lot better both with the courses and cars.
Old 04-10-2012, 23:44
chris redfield
Forum Member

I gave that stability control a go, changes the game completely but I can't help but feel its too easy now, I was driving poor on one occasion yet I still managed to win a stage with a few seconds gap. another thing that bugs me is the numerous long loading times.