Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

iPhone (3GS) being weird!

Old 04-10-2012, 18:23
Citadel
Forum Member

This only happened as of this morning. The ringer makes no noise at all and neither does the alarm, and the phone only vibrates when plugged in to the USB on my laptop. What on earth?!
Citadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-10-2012, 20:47
draig goch
Forum Member

This happened to a mate of mine yesterday, who posted the problem on various iPhone message boards until he realised he'd flicked the Ring / Silent switch to Silent by mistake.

Jeff, is that you ?
draig goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 21:25
Citadel
Forum Member

This happened to a mate of mine yesterday, who posted the problem on various iPhone message boards until he realised he'd flicked the Ring / Silent switch to Silent by mistake.

Jeff, is that you ?
I have done that myself in the past, but that is not the case this time.
Old 06-10-2012, 21:16
corinnescott27
Forum Member

My iphone 4 sounds been not working since I updated to ios 6 funny thing is the ringer works but not text alerts or music news video but they work through headphones from searching the Web a think kt cos of ios 6 at first a thought it was becoming around the same time it dropped in half a cup of tea hopefully it is a software glitch not there be a fix soon
corinnescott27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:29
Citadel
Forum Member

My iphone 4 sounds been not working since I updated to ios 6 funny thing is the ringer works but not text alerts or music news video but they work through headphones from searching the Web a think kt cos of ios 6 at first a thought it was becoming around the same time it dropped in half a cup of tea hopefully it is a software glitch not there be a fix soon
I turned my phone off then turned it back on again, and that worked - perhaps you should that! If not, perhaps reset the phone, making sure all your media is stored in your iTunes library.
Old 15-10-2012, 21:42
corinnescott27
Forum Member

Managed to fix by jailbreaking it installing ifile and following a YouTube video which using ifile deleted a daemon file name that worked
Old 15-10-2012, 23:27
Citadel
Forum Member

Managed to fix by jailbreaking it installing ifile and following a YouTube video which using ifile deleted a daemon file name that worked
Ber-limey! Ah well, I'm glad you got it sorted!
Old 16-10-2012, 23:28
corinnescott27
Forum Member

And now hacked siri onto it but so far it only seems to work in the daytime