Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nicole Scherzinger: "I did 95% of the PCD album on my own"

Old 05-10-2012, 07:10
iamstrong
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoEb14tcNLQ

LOL @ the show dramatizing the "secret" when it's been public knowledge for YEARS

Another LOL @ her throwing her ex-bandmates under the bus with those shady comments.
iamstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47
little-monster
Forum Member

Brilliant

So glad it is all coming out now. Nicole may find herself in trouble for saying all this but so what
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47
FanFromHolland
Forum Member

Kinda obvious tbh
FanFromHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48
Jonesy88
Forum Member

It was expected this was the case for years.
Jonesy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:33
David_Petersen
Forum Member

She didn't HAVE to do it all by herself, she was put in the spotlight and her bandbates were simple backup-dancers for her. It was stupid, really.
David_Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47
shelleyj89
Forum Member

She's just stating the obvious.
shelleyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22
Zack06
Forum Member

Apart from Melody, ALL of her bandmates were just in it for the ride. None of them ever sang or did anything. I'm pretty sure their voices weren't even on their albums, Kimberly and Jessica included. It's pretty clear Nicole was keeping the group afloat, without her they couldn't have had the band.

I do think this went to her head a bit though, as I heard stuff from Melody etc where Robin would always give Nicole control and special treatment compared to the other girls. I think she began to think she was above them, but that doesn't mean to say all the other girls were innocent either. During the whole Jai Ho/Nicole solo career, they tried to sabotage her by overdramatising things. I definitely think they split because they just couldn't work together any more.

However I do think Nicole does have a right to say this as she did actually do most of the work, even if the other girls hardly got a chance. I don't think the group would have been as successful if more of them were fully involved in the band.
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40
RikScot
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoEb14tcNLQ

LOL @ the show dramatizing the "secret" when it's been public knowledge for YEARS

Another LOL @ her throwing her ex-bandmates under the bus with those shady comments.
Yeah..sure...all on her on own. Musical genius that she is
RikScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49
mialicious
Forum Member

why is that somthing to brag about..its not exactly a classic.
mialicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13
KingJJScott
Forum Member

Really? She really did 95% of the vocals? I don't believe her.. Next Beyonce will reveal she sang most on Destiny's Child records, Justin Timberlake will be revealed as the lead singer of NSYNC and Michael Jackson will be outed for not actually being the rocket man and flying over the crowd at his tour!!
KingJJScott is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 13:36
Diceroll_81
Forum Member

Apparently the booklet for the fist PCD album clearly states that Nicole did all the lead any background vocals (I haven't seen it but someone told me) so I'm not sure why this is becoming a big deal now.

I remember the section of Simon Cowell's book where he is giving tips on how to break into the mucis biz. One of his tips was to join a band (even if you want to be a solo act) as being the lead singer in a group will nearly always get you more attention.

Nicole was very smart IMO by doing this. She definately seemed more interesting with the other girls writhing around in their knickers behind her for some reason.
Diceroll_81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 14:18
soundstory
Forum Member

Good for her, though why anybody would want to admit to doing 95% of a Pussy Cat Dolls album is beyond me
soundstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:24
sanfran1
Forum Member

Apparently the booklet for the fist PCD album clearly states that Nicole did all the lead any background vocals (I haven't seen it but someone told me) so I'm not sure why this is becoming a big deal now.

I remember the section of Simon Cowell's book where he is giving tips on how to break into the mucis biz. One of his tips was to join a band (even if you want to be a solo act) as being the lead singer in a group will nearly always get you more attention.Nicole was very smart IMO by doing this. She definately seemed more interesting with the other girls writhing around in their knickers behind her for some reason.
Apart from Melody, ALL of her bandmates were just in it for the ride. None of them ever sang or did anything. I'm pretty sure their voices weren't even on their albums, Kimberly and Jessica included. It's pretty clear Nicole was keeping the group afloat, without her they couldn't have had the band.I do think this went to her head a bit though, as I heard stuff from Melody etc where Robin would always give Nicole control and special treatment compared to the other girls. I think she began to think she was above them, but that doesn't mean to say all the other girls were innocent either. During the whole Jai Ho/Nicole solo career, they tried to sabotage her by overdramatising things. I definitely think they split because they just couldn't work together any more.
However I do think Nicole does have a right to say this as she did actually do most of the work, even if the other girls hardly got a chance. I don't think the group would have been as successful if more of them were fully involved in the band.
I think this mirrors the situation within Girls Aloud with Nadine Coyle.
However, unfortunately for Nadine, she didn't receive the same support as Cheryl (or Nicole) when she did attempt to go solo.
sanfran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:29
Julie_Evans
Inactive Member

I think this mirrors the situation within Girls Aloud with Nadine Coyle.
However, unfortunately for Nadine, she didn't receive the same support as Cheryl (or Nicole) when she did attempt to go solo.

I disagree. Nadine does have the strongest vocals, but you can clearly hear the other girls on the singles, albums and in concert.
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 16:04
shoot
Forum Member

I disagree. Nadine does have the strongest vocals, but you can clearly hear the other girls on the singles, albums and in concert.
Agreed. I've never thought of Girls Aloud as another PCD type group. Some of their voices aren't great, but each member had a key role in the line-up. Unlike all the background filler that made up most of PCD.
shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 16:15
soundstory
Forum Member

So this thread has morphed into a Girls Aloud thread
soundstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 16:35
jackbell
Forum Member

I don't know this band very well. Have the other girls released solo material?
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 16:55
gav016

I don't know this band very well. Have the other girls released solo material?
Jessica & Kimberley have released other music, Melody possibly too?

They can all sing to varying degrees, apart from maybe Ashley who I know literally nothing about, but vocally Nicole blows them all out of the water.

I don't really know why she felt the need to announce this to the world right now, that lineup of PCD have been over for a while, and it was patently obvious to anyone who saw them that Nicole WAS the band, but fair play to her, she has the credentials to back up the claims.
gav016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 19:53
jackbell
Forum Member

Thanks for the reply gav. I always thought the band had a strong image but I don't think I heard anything other than their one big hit song.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:07
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I remember reading ages that "Hush Hush" was the first song for which only Nicole provided vocals. Really, just the one song?
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:25
Dave0893
Forum Member

It is quite funny how dramatic they are trying to make all of that.

Most people know that anyway, so it is no surprise.
Dave0893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:53
gpk
Forum Member

their videos made me laugh. especially, towards the end when the other girls didn't even mime the lyrics.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 15:57
KieranDS
Forum Member

We all know it's true but she does sound a little big headed about it all. It is weird though that she did 95% of the work in PCD yet her solo material hasn't done that well at all.
KieranDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 16:11
nicmars
Forum Member

I don't like this woman at all

There is something very sly about her
nicmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 16:20
Unigal07
Inactive Member

I'm sure she did do most of it by herself... however coming out and saying it doesn't really do her any favours. I think it's just something that didn't need saying.
Unigal07 is offline   Reply With Quote