Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is Game of Thrones worth watching?

Old 06-10-2012, 19:44
loveloveX
Inactive Member

I've got them all recorded on my sky plus and I watched two episodes but it was a bit of hassle to get into mainly as I was watching it because I had to for the hype of it and tbh my attention was elsewhere. Also one episode wasn't recorded and I thought I'm not going to watch it on the Internet anyways. And then they started on sky1 and I recorded the first two episodes and I Wondering if I should keep them (I've still got both seasons recorded) and watch as every I look everyone loves this show so I don't want to feel like I've missed a great tv show.
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-10-2012, 20:01
StargateNerd_24
Forum Member

Watch it. Its awesome I love it plus lots of sex in it if you like that sort of thing
StargateNerd_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 20:04
Cadiva
Forum Member

It's most definitely worth watching, one of the best shows on TV atm even with the changes from the books.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 20:48
Never Nude
Forum Member

I love the show, though it's definitely something you will have to concentrate on. There is so much plot and storylines so it's not really something you can have on in the background. Though I think it's worth the effort
Never Nude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:33
Pavster
Forum Member

This.

Just rewatched the beginning of S1 after watching all of it and reading the 1st book. There is so much in that first episode.

If you just have it on in the background while you browse t'internet etc then it's not going to make much sense tbh.
Pavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:35
Sniffle774
Forum Member

Watch it. Its awesome I love it plus lots of sex in it if you like that sort of thing
^^ This

It's most definitely worth watching, one of the best shows on TV atm even with the changes from the books.
^^ That

I love the show, though it's definitely something you will have to concentrate on. There is so much plot and storylines so it's not really something you can have on in the background. Though I think it's worth the effort
^^ and this.

Watch it...for the love of god...watch it.
Sniffle774 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:35
Kitty5
Forum Member

Yes! Excellent show.
Kitty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:38
Facepalm
Forum Member

Yes. Watch it. Its one of the best television shows around at the moment.
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 22:15
petely
Forum Member

I've got them all recorded on my sky plus and I watched two episodes but it was a bit of hassle to get into mainly as I was watching it because I had to for the hype of it and tbh my attention was elsewhere.
If you happen to like all this "sword and sorcery" stuff, then you'd already be watching GoT. However, if (like me) it leaves you cold, then no: it's not worth watching.

I watched the first few based on all the publicity it was getting, but it wasn't to my taste. It sounds like it isn't a "natural" for you either and it's extremey unlikely you'll suddenly have a "eureka!" moment and realise that you love all this sort of stuff but you didn't know it. So no amount of urging from the fans will help - if you just don't like it there's no point forcing yourself to watch it - it won't make you a better person, or a hit at dinner parties. It's only TV: there's plenty of other programmes you'll like better.
petely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:20
ntscuser
Forum Member

If you happen to like all this "sword and sorcery" stuff, then you'd already be watching GoT. However, if (like me) it leaves you cold, then no: it's not worth watching.
I don't normally like "all this sword and sorcery stuff" and I love Game of Thrones!

It is very heavy going though and I don't advise trying to watch it all in one go. It usually takes me a week to recover from the shock of each episode.
ntscuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:42
ironjade
Forum Member

The writers have done a terrific job of condensing George R. R. Martin's doorstop novels into a manageable tv-friendly form.
Lavish production values and a cast who can recite cod medieval dialogue with a staight face make it great entertainment.
Don't get too attached to any of the characters: death can strike from anywhere and at any time (like Casualty).
ironjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:59
nathanbrazil
Forum Member

It's only TV: there's plenty of other programmes you'll like better.
Indeed. Some of them rather splendid, such as the ever excellent Dexter.

GOT is fantastic, compulsive, addictive TV... for those of us who appreciate the subject. But the same could be said by those who are fans, for example, of golf or tennis tournaments, which bore me senseless. Each to our own, I say.
nathanbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:02
stud u like
Forum Member

There were two many women getting their devil's dumplings out for my liking.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 14:37
rawr
Forum Member

I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I bought the boxset. Watched the first episode, and found it quite difficult to get through, and didn't bother watching any more for a few months. Then one day I picked it up again, and ended up watching the whole first season in one weekend. I love it now, it's an absolutely brilliant show.

I've also introduced a couple of other people to it, and heard nothing but good things from them. I don't think you have to be a fantasy fan to appreciate it at all, although of course, it probably helps.
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 15:41
Cadiva
Forum Member

I don't think you have to be a fantasy fan to appreciate it at all, although of course, it probably helps.
Absolutely true, there is, in actuality, very little of what I'd call "fantasy" in Game of Thrones. There is very little magic in the show, it's really a show about a feudal society with lots of power hungry families all fighting to be top dog.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 16:25
tykechick
Forum Member

I enjoy Game of Thrones. It has the shock factor. The books are brilliant and for me the series does live up to the book (which is hard to do). Yes there are some changes however these have been done appropriately IMO.
tykechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 19:24
izanami
Forum Member

Yes.

(filler)
izanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 19:27
Yobaba**
Forum Member

Yeah, absolutely. It's not a show that everybody can love and it can take a little patience getting used to the massive cast of characters. But its fantastic.
Yobaba** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 21:28
Never Nude
Forum Member

I don't normally like "all this sword and sorcery stuff" and I love Game of Thrones!

It is very heavy going though and I don't advise trying to watch it all in one go. It usually takes me a week to recover from the shock of each episode.
Normally I'm not a fan of swords and sorcery either, though to me GOT is not really a fantasy show at all. It's much more of a political show about the nature of power, its just occasionally they mention dragons.

My point is if you took out all the 'fantasy' elements, it really wouldn't change the plot that much. So I think there definitely is something for everyone.
Never Nude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 18:30
loveloveX
Inactive Member

with me im not fussed with the genre of a show, as long as it has a good story and good characters that keep me interested and leave me wanting more, thats all i care about.

so i rewatched the first episode late last night so there would be no distractions and i absolutely loved it, the time went so fast whereas before i found it to long and i took more notice of the storyline as well and now i cant wait to watch the next episode. plus im finding jamie lannister quite sexy
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 18:33
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

absolutely .

it takes a few episodes to get a handle on who's who , I watched the first 2 twice for that , and once you're in its brilliant .
Virgil Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 18:33
CelticMyth
Forum Member

Yes, takes a few episodes to get into due to the huge cast, but then I was absolutely hooked and I hate most TV
CelticMyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 23:55
ninjablossom
Forum Member

Took me 2 attempts at getting through the first episode - but I tried again and was addicted. Fab show.
ninjablossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:08
Flash525
Forum Member

Hell Yes!
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 21:10
SacredDiablo
Forum Member

Like duh? Its ****ing amaze! Im literally dying for S3.
SacredDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote