Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Walking Dead S3 FXUK

Old 20-10-2012, 08:08
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Watched most of the first ep through my fingers...then went to bed and had nightmares...

Going to watch again this morning though 'cos what I did see was excellent (except for an awful pregnancy bump!)
guernseysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-10-2012, 10:58
Stansfield
Forum Member

Did like the silent start to last night's opening episode, with them getting on with their Jobs, KILLING ZOMBIES....But the Zombie Shoot at the Prison, was awesome, and a great way to kill them, through the Wire Fence...

Poor Herschel, but needs must...as they say.
And the star Zombie Keller for me, the Women with the Sword~Michonne, and the two chained zombies, she has.

Ricky's Son {Mini Rick} is going to need a lot of Counselling, when it's all over.
Record it.....
Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 13:31
Addisonian
Forum Member

I have a question. In last nights episode Lori was worrying about her unborn baby being infected - I remember Rick saying something about "everyone being infected" last series - is this right? Is that what the guy at the CDC whispered to him?
How does this work then, everyone is infected with the virus but it doesn't manifest itself unless the person is killed/bitten/scratched by a zombie?
Addisonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 14:26
MoreTears
Forum Member

...I remember Rick saying something about "everyone being infected" last series - is this right? Is that what the guy at the CDC whispered to him?
How does this work then, everyone is infected with the virus but it doesn't manifest itself unless the person is killed/bitten/scratched by a zombie?
Yes, that is what was whispered to Rick at the CDC. The bit/scratched by a zombie thing is irrelevant to turning into a zombie. You die, you turn, even if you die of a heart attack -- unless the brain being destroyed is the cause of death. You don't want to be bit/scratched by a zombie because that itself will kill.
MoreTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 14:30
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

Also why is Rick not happy with Laurie don't remember him being so cold towards her at the end of season 2, is it to do with her and Shane?
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 14:44
Addisonian
Forum Member

Yes, that is what was whispered to Rick at the CDC. The bit/scratched by a zombie thing is irrelevant to turning into a zombie. You die, you turn, even if you die of a heart attack -- unless the brain being destroyed is the cause of death. You don't want to be bit/scratched by a zombie because that itself will kill.
Right, thanks. That makes things a bit clearer.
So Laurie was worried incase she had miscarried and therefore the baby would've turned into a zombie?
Addisonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 15:01
MoreTears
Forum Member

So Laurie was worried incase she had miscarried and therefore the baby would've turned into a zombie?
Exactly.
Old 20-10-2012, 15:02
MoreTears
Forum Member

Also why is Rick not happy with Laurie don't remember him being so cold towards her at the end of season 2, is it to do with her and Shane?
Because she reacted with disgust when he admitted to killing Shane, even though she had practically pushed him to kill Shane before.
Old 20-10-2012, 15:07
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

Because she reacted with disgust when he admitted to killing Shane, even though she had practically pushed him to kill Shane before.
Yh that's right she wanted Shane dead Maybe something happened after they left the farm we don't know about yet, or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention
Old 20-10-2012, 18:27
geordielady
Forum Member

Great opening episode, great TV. Such a shame that the FX HDPQ is so dire on this show, ruins it for me. The smearing and all that has to be bit rates, it was the same last season, but the blu rays are fine.
geordielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 18:41
kendoguk
Forum Member

She said in last nights episode she practically Put the knife in his hand and when rick told her he killed shabe she was disgusted, rick has every right to be cold towards her, I'm sure he will come around though.
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 19:37
killthedirector
Forum Member

great start to the series last night. I can usually handle gore but had to turn away with what happened to hershel.
killthedirector is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 19:53
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

She said in last nights episode she practically Put the knife in his hand and when rick told her he killed shabe she was disgusted, rick has every right to be cold towards her, I'm sure he will come around though.
Really not liking Laurie very unlikable character
Old 20-10-2012, 19:59
WhiteFang
Forum Member

It was just fantastic....
WhiteFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:39
StargateNerd_24
Forum Member

This show is sooo good, love the zombie killing
StargateNerd_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:55
moonlily
Forum Member

Um anyone know if it's repeated any time this week?
moonlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:58
The Latman
Forum Member

Um anyone know if it's repeated any time this week?
Tomorrow at 9
The Latman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 21:00
kendoguk
Forum Member

Repeated Sundays at 9 and Wednesdays at 10

Edit ops beaten To it lol
Old 20-10-2012, 21:19
moonlily
Forum Member

Thanks both of you x
moonlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 21:36
swingaleg
Forum Member

This has become my highlight of the week

But I did think last nights episode wasn't the greatest..........seemed to involve too many minutes of walking around corridors

I can't remember what happened to the old white haired bloke (not Herschel).........the one who was always wary of Shane

He ain't there so obviously he didn't make it but I don't remember him getting killed..........
swingaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 21:40
kendoguk
Forum Member

Dale was killed in the 3rd last episode last season Daryl had to kill him cause he was gutted by a zombie
Old 20-10-2012, 23:08
CJClarke
Forum Member

Great opening episode, great TV. Such a shame that the FX HDPQ is so dire on this show, ruins it for me. The smearing and all that has to be bit rates, it was the same last season, but the blu rays are fine.
It was fine for me, the only time i noticed any pixellation or picture degredation was when the "FX" advert card came up during the adverts which seemed oddly blocky, but the show itself was fine. Not Blu Ray quality obviously, but for broadcast HD it was more than adequate (for me anyway). The show itself isn't reference quality HD though due to the way in which it is filmed (i.e. the grain which is there to give it a 70s exploitation movie feel).

Great episode though, some awesome zombie kills and it almost made up for the plodding Season 2. Hopefully they keep this story development pace up and the prison doesn't just become a reskinned version of the farm.

Not going into spoilers, but having read up to the prison section in the comics it'll be interesting to see how faithful they are to some of the events depicted in those issues.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 23:12
vincyboi
Forum Member

Is this series going on another mid season break like last season? i hope not
vincyboi is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 23:18
kendoguk
Forum Member

There's a few things I doubt will happen If one does walking dead threads will go into meltdown lol
Old 20-10-2012, 23:18
CJClarke
Forum Member

Is this series going on another mid season break like last season? i hope not
Unfortunately yes it is. Although we are getting a slightly longer season this year with 16 episodes. We're getting 8 episodes from now until early December and then it's on a break for a couple of months, probably returning in February again like last season for the remaining 8 episodes.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote