Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Old 19-10-2012, 20:08
Bex.
Forum Member

what a brill episode I was almost crying at the end
Bex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-10-2012, 12:26
AndreaJx
Forum Member

OMG loved this episode!! Much more engaging than the first ep!

Love Damon, he's such a sweetheart and he's not even trying to show it!! He has so much emotion and yet he's such a bad-ass!!! Made me cry at the last scene. I cried like a little baby from the part with lanterns and the scene with Damon in a cementary and Alaric... my tears were just running like hell ( and I usually don't cry over TV shows ).

Damon needs Alaric back asap! The only thing that would have made this episode perfect was if Damon had lit a lantern for Rose and Alaric at the very end away from the others.
AndreaJx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:20
JMTD
Inactive Member

OMG loved this episode!! Much more engaging than the first ep!

Love Damon, he's such a sweetheart and he's not even trying to show it!! He has so much emotion and yet he's such a bad-ass!!! Made me cry at the last scene. I cried like a little baby from the part with lanterns and the scene with Damon in a cementary and Alaric... my tears were just running like hell ( and I usually don't cry over TV shows ).

Damon needs Alaric back asap! The only thing that would have made this episode perfect was if Damon had lit a lantern for Rose and Alaric at the very end away from the others.
Knew Damon wouldn't light one, great writting there for his character, it really wouldn't have felt right if he had of done when you take into account his character and how he tries to hide how he's feeling.

Series has been brilliant so far. The only downside is the fact that Tyler is still alive. Kill the **** off, please
JMTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 23:18
JustArun
Forum Member

I enjoyed this episode greatly, although I don't really like the new hunter.
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:55
Flash525
Forum Member

The only thing that would have made this episode perfect was if Damon had lit a lantern for Rose and Alaric at the very end away from the others.
That wouldn't be Damon though. He isn't like that. His idea of showing emotion is a bottle of whiskey.

I think they touched on his emotions (talking to Alaric) just fine.
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:58
WhiteFang
Forum Member

I enjoyed this episode greatly, although I don't really like the new hunter.
Im sure he was in the Resident Evil film.There are 2 threads and really they should be merged
WhiteFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 22:01
Flash525
Forum Member

Im sure he was in the Resident Evil film.
Different person. Resident Evil Actor is Boris Kodjoe, our new Hunter is Todd Williams.
Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 11:03
Rorschach
Forum Member

Connor clearly has a ghost connection with Jeremy seeing his tattoo when nobody else can. Interesting where he'll go from here.
I couldn't work out whether the look he gave Jeremy was "How can he see my magic tattoos, I'll have to keep an eye on him" or "I don't have any tattoos, wtf was he on about?".
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 11:57
LightningIguana
Forum Member

I couldn't work out whether the look he gave Jeremy was "How can he see my magic tattoos, I'll have to keep an eye on him" or "I don't have any tattoos, wtf was he on about?".
Ha, thought the same thing I'm leaning toward the former, however as it's the same hand he uses to greet people which makes me think that's what burns vamps and not the glove.
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 14:07
iShum
Forum Member

great episode and as others have said, terrific writing for Damon!

my favourite part is how hilariously awful Elena is at chucking up blood. That stuff goes everrrryywhere

I've always been easily annoyed by Stefan and this season is no exception!

Also, are actually trying to set a world record for the amount of times one can use the word HEIGHTENED in an episode? cos I think they've won it by a mile
iShum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 15:00
whedon247
Forum Member

nina dobrev is so damn georgeous!

good episode, better than last weeks

i also dislike tyler,he makes caroline worse too

elena being abck with stefan, hummm will she ever get with damon legit? i wonder

new hunter is bad...ass.

p.s did klaus mother die or just vanish last season? i cant remember
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 15:34
Rorschach
Forum Member

p.s did klaus mother die or just vanish last season? i cant remember
She enchanted the White Oak stake for Alaric so it would be indestructable and could be used to kill all the Originals. He took it from her, said thank you very much, and then killed her with it.

Of course she's been dead before...
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 16:47
whedon247
Forum Member

She enchanted the White Oak stake for Alaric so it would be indestructable and could be used to kill all the Originals. He took it from her, said thank you very much, and then killed her with it.

Of course she's been dead before...
cheers,its all come back now,alaric was fun as a killer lol

i wonder how much he will figure now,i dont want him to be a regular as that will take away from his death

6 or so episodes as a ghost would be fun though.
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:17
JCR
Forum Member

Predictable episode, though it was good fun. Poor Rebekah.

Loved the idea of an 12th century vampire hunter from Italy who has a Glasgow accent for some reason.

Klaus is awesome.
JCR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:54
JCR
Forum Member

NB: I like the title of 4.6-

Spoiler
JCR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:16
LightningIguana
Forum Member

Liked the episode but for the love of Elvis stop with the white ash daggering.
LightningIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:57
AndreaJx
Forum Member

Brilliant episode!!

I agree...Klaus is awesome...so bad so manipulative.
The new professor...lush ...I thought Connor was evil but this guy (despite looking hot and innocent).

Spoiler
Old 02-11-2012, 16:13
JustArun
Forum Member

Poor Rebekah, I honestly don't understand why they keep killing her...she brings a much needed entertainment factor to the show, the dynamics between her and Elena are hilarious to watch.

This Cure...if an original was to use it, would all the vampires they had turned turn back to human?
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 17:40
AndreaJx
Forum Member

Poor Rebekah, I honestly don't understand why they keep killing her...she brings a much needed entertainment factor to the show, the dynamics between her and Elena are hilarious to watch.

This Cure...if an original was to use it, would all the vampires they had turned turn back to human?
So true...they should just rename this whole show as:

“The HEY-WHY-DON’T-WE-CRUSH-DAMON-AND-REBEKAH’S-FEELINGS-AGAIN-AND-AGAIN-AND-AGAIN-BECAUSE-WHY-THE-F-NOT Diaries”
Old 02-11-2012, 19:58
111roy111
Forum Member

And if the cure works would all the years of living passed a normal human life span catch up to them.
111roy111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:24
Daniel_Hazzard
Forum Member

And if the cure works would all the years of living passed a normal human life span catch up to them.
Doubtful, The curse stopped them aging, curing it would most likely just renew it.

Weird thought, doesn't that mean Klaus doesn't need Elena, Katerina would work just as well as her, also if you cure the Vampire will it cure those they turned (regardless Original or not.)

I can just see this as a means to kick Stephan and Elena, by making Damon & Elena human then the cure being destroyed.
Daniel_Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 13:13
Palmerwho
Forum Member

Doubtful, The curse stopped them aging, curing it would most likely just renew it.

Weird thought, doesn't that mean Klaus doesn't need Elena, Katerina would work just as well as her, also if you cure the Vampire will it cure those they turned (regardless Original or not.)

I can just see this as a means to kick Stephan and Elena, by making Damon & Elena human then the cure being destroyed.
Good ep. but as most people have said quite predictable.

The plot I feared the most has started, the ability to retcon the curse that is Vampirism. To me it should remain a curse, you turn and thats it, no escape through the backdoor to humanity.

I hope Klaus does his normal trick of not doing what the main characters expect and cure Katerina not Elena. Hopefully there is a limit to the cure and only curing an original cures an entire vampire line, cause Klaus would be the only one who could turn every character back.

Gotta agree about Rebekah, she really does suffer doesn't she.
Palmerwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 13:16
herejohno
Forum Member

If they turned all vampires human would that not be the end of the show?Perhaps in a few series that could be plausible.
herejohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09
Joel's dad
Forum Member

The human diaries lol
Joel's dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 22:54
javjamoll84
Forum Member

Its a shame I also like Rebekah.

I don't get the stabby thing though? What was the stake dipped in? I assume she can come back once its removed?
javjamoll84 is offline   Reply With Quote