Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Worst remake?

Old 26-02-2013, 10:07
MysteriousOz
Forum Member

In my opinion, she is one of the brightest stars at the moment, and in person she is so genuine and natural offscreen also

So happy for her winmning best actress
MysteriousOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-02-2013, 10:19
Scotty_c.man
Forum Member

In my opinion, she is one of the brightest stars at the moment, and in person she is so genuine and natural offscreen also

So happy for her winmning best actress
Me too, not saw the movie she won the oscar for, but love Hunger Games and thought she was great in that. And she is a very beautiful young woman.
Scotty_c.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 10:39
Mystical123
Forum Member

She was brilliant in Silver Linings Playbook, so glad she won the Oscar.

She seems so down to earth, passionate about her job and just generally unaffected by all the Hollywood madness. She deserves a very long, successful career, and I'm sure she'll have it
Mystical123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 11:11
Dandem
Forum Member

I kinda wanted the Oscar to go to Naomi Watts, but I'm not too upset it went to Lawrence. She was very good in Silver Linings Playbook.
Dandem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 11:55
saladfingers81
Forum Member

She seems nice enough but damn she should worry about one word: overexposure.

Also it says something horrid about how far we have gone down the route of worshipping fake, insincere careerist scumbags that people fall at the feet of someone like Jennifer Lawrence just because, wow you know she is kind of normal and vaguely amusing and not completely up her own arse (yet...give it time). It is hardly rocket science.
saladfingers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 11:57
fizzyferry
Forum Member

She's brilliant!
fizzyferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 12:16
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

She's really funny and down to earth and on top of that she's incredibly talented. I love her too .
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 12:32
MysteriousOz
Forum Member

She seems nice enough but damn she should worry about one word: overexposure.

Also it says something horrid about how far we have gone down the route of worshipping fake, insincere careerist scumbags that people fall at the feet of someone like Jennifer Lawrence just because, wow you know she is kind of normal and vaguely amusing and not completely up her own arse (yet...give it time). It is hardly rocket science.
Huh?? I think being nominated for every awards ceremony (during awards season) and winning a majority is going to give anyone a little overexposure just fyi

and yeah I like her
MysteriousOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 13:09
B-612
Forum Member

I think she is absolutely brilliant. I love all the self-deprecation in interviews, so charming and grounded.

Nice Guardian article.
B-612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 14:36
Gort
Forum Member

Her performance in Winter's Bone is the stand-out so far. Thought she was good in Silver Linings Playbook, but not sure if in other years it would have won. A really talented actress who still has years ahead of her to hone her craft.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 14:39
Fio Montoya
Forum Member

She is very funny. At the Oscars press conf she was asked if she was at worried she might be peaking too soon. She laughed, and then said well, NOW I am
Fio Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 15:23
dmuk
Forum Member

She's really funny and down to earth
Is that a dig at her falling over at the Oscars?
dmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 15:45
AndreaJx
Forum Member

She is very funny. At the Oscars press conf she was asked if she was at worried she might be peaking too soon. She laughed, and then said well, NOW I am
I agree. The conference was well done and she is one of the few actors who don't make you feel uncomfortable when being interviewed. She's one of a kind even when she's pulling random faces.
AndreaJx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 16:53
Helbore
Forum Member

She's such an unashamed dork that I can't help but want to marry her.
Helbore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:12
EvolutionUK
Forum Member

I love Jennifer, and her performance in Winters Bone would have been worthy of a win, but im sorry, she should not have won for Silver Linings. It is a very good movie, but the standout performance in the film was Bradley Cooper, who unfortunately was never going to beat Day-Lewis. I know she is popular right now and likely the average movie goer's choice, but anyone who saw Amour, Zero Dark Thirty, or The Impossible would know that Riva, Chastain, and Watts' performances were all far superior. Thats why the BAFTA's got it right and the Oscars wrong this year when it comes to the Best Actress award.
EvolutionUK is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:31
gav016

I love Jennifer, and her performance in Winters Bone would have been worthy of a win, but im sorry, she should not have won for Silver Linings. It is a very good movie, but the standout performance in the film was Bradley Cooper, who unfortunately was never going to beat Day-Lewis. I know she is popular right now and likely the average movie goer's choice, but anyone who saw Amour, Zero Dark Thirty, or The Impossible would know that Riva, Chastain, and Watts' performances were all far superior. Thats why the BAFTA's got it right and the Oscars wrong this year when it comes to the Best Actress award.
I hate all of this 'average movie goer's choice' thing. A lot of people rooted for Emanuelle Riva because of how much more sophisticated it makes them appear, supporting the veteran actress from the universally loved French film against the staggeringly popular, insanely pretty young actress from a more divisive film. I saw Amour, Zero Dark Thirty and The Impossible as well as Silver Linings Playbook, and I didn't find any of them superior. I initially supported Naomi Watts because I found her performance incredible, it was one of the most emotive of year (similarly to Emanuelle Riva's), but without detracting from both of their brilliant performances, Jennifer's was stronger and more memorable precisely because it wasn't written in the same emotion-grabby way yet she managed to walk away having stolen every scene in the entire film, without overacting in the way Jessica Chastain did in parts of Zero Dark Thirty.

That being said, her performance in Winter's Bone WAS better, but I found her brilliant and entirely deserving for Silver Linings Playbook.
gav016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 22:25
Mystical123
Forum Member

Stop generalising please, not all of us have the same opinion as you.

I've seen Zero Dark Thirty, and I thought Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook was better than Jessica Chastain in ZD30. Chastain was good, but her performance left me cold in comparison to Lawrence.

Yes, Cooper was the standout in terms of being the attention-grabbing performance, and he was great, but I preferred Lawrence's performance: the subtlety in all her facial expressions and the amount of information and feeling conveyed through her eyes alone. Wonderful, layered performance.

So no, in my opinion it was the BAFTAs that got it wrong and the Oscars, SAGs and Golden Globes that got it entirely right. Jennifer Lawrence is a completely deserving winner.
Mystical123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 22:28
CLL Dodge
Forum Member

Worst dress ever award, especially as it was likely she'd be walking up some steps.
CLL Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 22:30
rbautz
Forum Member

Even Adele adores her

At the end 2.58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paV1_RaO_M
rbautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 01:14
soran
Forum Member

Love this one where Jack Nicholson tries his luck with her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upw1w2yXZs0
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 05:08
LIZALYNN
Forum Member

Worst dress ever award, especially as it was likely she'd be walking up some steps.
I felt sorry for her but I liked that she laughed at herself. That dress had a horrid neckline let alone the huge curtain below the waist line.
LIZALYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 12:37
little-monster
Forum Member

Disagree entirely

Jessica was the second hot favourite but by the time the film came out and saw what an average performance she gave, she was no way gonna win. Jennifer's performance was beautiful. It was funny and at times, heartbreaking. She showed so much versatility. Naomi Watts did a great performance but all she did was scream throughout the whole film and Emmanuel, well she did a great performance but it was a performance that has been done before or done something similar, a main example being Away With Her which had Julie Christie in it.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote