Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

James Arthur's Arrogance.

Old 13-10-2012, 22:51
goroos1994
Forum Member

How come not many people seem to have picked up on James Arthur's arrogance? When the judges give their comments, he never looks them in the eye, just looks to the ground. I don't like his attitude.
goroos1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-10-2012, 22:53
Satanel
Forum Member

I would usually say this, and I did think he was a bit arrogant tonight, but I thought Kye was much worse!
Satanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:53
Georgiecats
Forum Member

Well it's better than being a puppet.

I don't see him as arrogant. Just himself. I don't think he's that confident really except when he's singing.
Georgiecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:55
sofialady
Forum Member

I think he's the same as MK1.. He thinks the underground scene is cool and is afraid of them not accepting him for being too mainstream. Why come on the f'cking X FACTOR THEN?
sofialady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:55
Hypnoali
Forum Member

That's not arrogance, it's a common sign of low self esteem. An arrogant person would look them in the eye expecting to be praised.
Hypnoali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:11
trevor tiger
Forum Member

That's not arrogance, it's a common sign of low self esteem. An arrogant person would look them in the eye expecting to be praised.
Exactly. He's clearly shy in this situation and unused to praise. Why does everyone keep calling him arrogant when it's so obviously not the case
trevor tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:12
paperplanes_
Forum Member

That's not arrogance, he's a little bit shy/unsure of himself.
paperplanes_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:13
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

he looks like he was on drugs at some point in his life...
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:13
LunarLegend
Inactive Member

Wonder how long it will take for the judges too pick up on this maybe next week that's if he is still there his performance tonight was shockingly bad.
As I said in the thread I made earlier most unlikable contestant of all time.
LunarLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:22
Hypnoali
Forum Member

Wonder how long it will take for the judges too pick up on this maybe next week that's if he is still there his performance tonight was shockingly bad.
As I said in the thread I made earlier most unlikable contestant of all time.
As I just said, that is not arrogance!! Ok you don't like his style of singing, but why make it personal?? I imagine the judges have a bit more experience of judging people.
Hypnoali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:25
only1winner

When you have had smoke blown up your arse like he has... your always gonna pop the odd smoke ring out to show off?
he been told he is the next big thing, problem is he believes it...
only1winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:26
Ambassador
Forum Member

Clearly you've not met many folk from Middlesbrough. The toxic gas that surrounds the town makes them all a bit weird
Ambassador is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:27
bunnyinthebox
Forum Member

How come not many people seem to have picked up on James Arthur's arrogance? When the judges give their comments, he never looks them in the eye, just looks to the ground. I don't like his attitude.
I will treat this thread with the seriousness it deserves.

I heard that Louis was in a pub last week wearing the hat that MK1 gave him. When he took the cap off and put on the seat next to him, some blokes dog came up, got the cap in its mouth, run off and started tearing the cap too pieces. Everyone in the pub laughed, including the dogs owner, and when Louis protested to the owner the guy told him to stick it. Louis said 'I don't like your attitude', and the other guy replied, 'Attitude, ATTITUDE, hey its your effing 'at 'ee chewed mate!'

No doubt you would prefer James to tug his forelock as in the days of olde.
bunnyinthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 23:29
abrightyz
Forum Member

agree.
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 00:01
JayPee86
Inactive Member

I don't get him at all.
I thought his rendition of no more drama was absolutely ghastly. I want it wiped from my memory asap. As I love that song
JayPee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 00:05
Sun Tzu.
Forum Member

He is probably one of the most genuine people in this series. What you see is truly what you get. Unlike Christopher Maloney who is trying to bullshit his way to success.
Sun Tzu. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 00:07
David_Morgan
Inactive Member

he looks like he was on drugs at some point in his life...
Are there many adults who haven't?

His attitude is fine - he's self-concious and insecure, but that's all. This was easily one of the better performances of the night, even if a little over-dramatic at the end.
David_Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 00:49
Daewos
Forum Member

Oh dear, another anti-James thread. Just what we need. Not seen one for at least a minute.
Daewos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 00:53
abrightyz
Forum Member

I don't get him at all.
I thought his rendition of no more drama was absolutely ghastly. I want it wiped from my memory asap. As I love that song

loved his performance. don't know but it hit me inside... cried the first three times i listened to it!!
Old 14-10-2012, 01:02
cockneykid1962
Forum Member

He is probably one of the most genuine people in this series. What you see is truly what you get. Unlike Christopher Maloney who is trying to bullshit his way to success.
Genuine in the sense that he fabricated the 'homeless' story?

He's as genuine as Walsh's hair...
cockneykid1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 01:11
EastEnder39
Forum Member

Threads like these are so naive. It is pretty clear regardless of what people say about him as a person that he is very insecure about himself and the way he looks. That is why he gets so engrossed and immersed into each song he peforms. It is his way of expressing himself to the public. Music is his passion. That is quite clear to see. Ok, he may not have the greatest of people skills, but this is all new to him, just like all of the acts. He is looking for acceptance just as much as say a 'Jahmene'. Difference is, James has a voice. He spoke out.....Granted, not his greatest moment. But, judging from the vitriol he has received on this forum; I think he was very kind in his assessment.
EastEnder39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 01:12
abrightyz
Forum Member

Genuine in the sense that he fabricated the 'homeless' story?

He's as genuine as Walsh's hair...

genuine in the sense that when he sings, there's a real place where his feelings come from that lends an emotional truth that touches and stirs...
Old 14-10-2012, 01:13
cockneykid1962
Forum Member

genuine in the sense that when he sings, there's a real place where his feelings come from that lends an emotional truth that touches and stirs...
Like bile...
cockneykid1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 01:15
abrightyz
Forum Member

as they say, horses for courses...
Old 14-10-2012, 02:01
Winchester Lady
Forum Member

I like his singing but think he needs to learn some social skills fast! His lack of eye contact may well be due to low self esteem but it may be interpreted as if he doesn't care what the judges say. The whole process the finalists go through surely shows them the importance of getting on with people.
Winchester Lady is offline   Reply With Quote