Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Forums on your mobile: a call for testers!

Closed Thread
Old 24-04-2013, 13:46
Thomas Poots
Community Manager

Digital Spy Staff

While ive been using the mobile site my data usage seems higher.
Older than on the same skin a few weeks ago?

none of the pages will complete loading on my s3 today for some reason. probably one of the adverts failing to load.
Is this still happening? We did implement new ad code last week which should mean this doesn't happen.

Agreed.

I've also been experiencing regular Safari crashes on my ipad.
Are these on particular pages or when you're doing something in particular? Does it load up to a certain point of the page and then crash?

Erm...I'm using my phone..

Does that count?
It does indeed, do you know what type/model of phone it is? We need to work out if we have an issue with a specific type of phone
Thomas Poots is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-04-2013, 18:23
PencilBreath
Forum Member

Is this still happening? We did implement new ad code last week which should mean this doesn't happen....

no, it's nice & snappy today, no issues.
Old 24-04-2013, 22:56
alfraser

How about the option to jump to a specific page number is a post?
Old 25-04-2013, 13:31
Thomas Poots
Community Manager

Digital Spy Staff

no, it's nice & snappy today, no issues.
Glad to hear it, let me know if anything changes .
Old 25-04-2013, 20:48
Croctacus
Forum Member

Hi just seen this. It's an Xperia arc s. It's only on here it happens and it didn't before the mobile site changed.
Old 27-04-2013, 09:59
Croctacus
Forum Member

Has this just changed again?

Forum looks slightly different but the bobbing up and down thing is still happening.
Old 28-04-2013, 07:34
seanf
Forum Member

[quote=Thomas Poots;65543073]Older than on the same skin a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE

Ive been using the link in the first post to use the mobile skin for the past 2 months and un both months my usage has shot up. This is the only difference in my mobile usage.
Old 30-04-2013, 02:19
kiviraat
Forum Member

What this poster said. I was using an android device. I clicked quote and the keyboard opened and the quote box shot up the screen. As you type it yoyos up and down. You get glimpses of the quote box now and again.
That's the exact same issue I'm having (not easy typing this!) Also finding it difficult to click on links. Nothing highlights so I'm not sure of its even loading. Especially if I'm trying to click the side arrow and not the title of the thread. When something does open, one time out of three the page wont fully load. I'm on an android device. Funnily enough I've just went to edit my post and the reply box is staying still.
Old 30-04-2013, 09:52
Everything Goes
Forum Member

What this poster said. I was using an android device. I clicked quote and the keyboard opened and the quote box shot up the screen. As you type it yoyos up and down. You get glimpses of the quote box now and again.
Same here on Samsung Galaxy S2 running Gingerbread on stock browser.
Old 30-04-2013, 11:59
Thomas Poots
Community Manager

Digital Spy Staff

Have you all been using the skin for a while? If so, has it only started doing this since the header turned blue?
Old 01-05-2013, 18:04
Croctacus
Forum Member

Yes it's just since it changed Thomas...it was completely fine before then.

As another poster said the reply box seems to stay still if you edit but not for the initial post.
Old 01-05-2013, 21:50
kiviraat
Forum Member

Have you all been using the skin for a while? If so, has it only started doing this since the header turned blue?
I'm not sure what you mean by skin I'm afraid. I've just been clicking Forums from the bottom of the mobile website. But yes, these issues have only started since the header changed a few weeks back x
Old 01-05-2013, 22:13
Thomas Poots
Community Manager

Digital Spy Staff

Yes it's just since it changed Thomas...it was completely fine before then.

As another poster said the reply box seems to stay still if you edit but not for the initial post.
I'm not sure what you mean by skin I'm afraid. I've just been clicking Forums from the bottom of the mobile website. But yes, these issues have only started since the header changed a few weeks back x
Okay, thanks for letting me know guys. Will report to our tech team who should hopefully be able to fix it soon.

Also sorry for my terminology Kivi, by skin I just mean the mobile version of the forums.
Old 01-05-2013, 23:02
kiviraat
Forum Member

Okay, thanks for letting me know guys. Will report to our tech team who should hopefully be able to fix it soon.

Also sorry for my terminology Kivi, by skin I just mean the mobile version of the forums.
No bother, I was just having a 'thick' moment Many thanks for the reply
Old 02-05-2013, 23:20
Everything Goes
Forum Member

Seem to be stable on my galaxy S2 when I posted a comment this morning
Old 03-05-2013, 18:24
Slarti Bartfast
Forum Member

Are these on particular pages or when you're doing something in particular? Does it load up to a certain point of the page and then crash?
When I press the subs button. Happens probably 30-40% of the time.

Also, using the forum on my android phone has become next to impossible. Not sure what sort of fancy coding you guys are going for but it simply does not behave like a normal website any more. Links behave strangely, I can't long press on any links and the reply text box is epileptic.
Old 03-05-2013, 18:25
Slarti Bartfast
Forum Member

Yes.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:42
macsmurray
Forum Member

This particular problem is not evident on the iPhone version, however, PM's are quite literally non existent.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18
allaboard
Forum Member

Reply box still on the move. Only this time it shoots up the screen and does not return. You have to keep scrolling it down to check your spelling, punctuation etc. I have also noticed that it has stoppped highlighting the area you are selecting. It did it for a while. I prefer it to highlight if that is ok.
Old 12-05-2013, 13:08
Croctacus
Forum Member

Just testing the reply box...still shooting up and down.
Old 12-05-2013, 13:40
Minnimo
Forum Member

Is there any sign of the private messaging section being fixed? Its all very quiet in here.
Old 18-05-2013, 17:36
kiviraat
Forum Member

Still having all the issues on Android that were reported the other week. The text box still shoots up and down, pages only half-load at least 30% of the time and I'm finding it very difficult to actually select a thread (eg: when I press the link, nothing happens). I've no idea why selecting links is so hard, as it's absolutely fine on every other website, so I can rule out a failure on my phone's part. It's only been since the new blue header was implemented not long back. Hope it's resolved soon as I'm finding it almost impossible to use
Old 21-05-2013, 14:32
paulyoung666
Forum Member

Why can't I get the mobile forums on my nexus 7 ...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46
Robertfitz
Forum Member

Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Since yesterday afternoon I can't get on to Digitalspy on my Blackberry. The page begins to load but then cuts out and goes to the homescreen. If this turns out to be a permanent issue then its absolutely gutting. I've been a daily user of DS now for about 4 years and i have no internet connection at home so the only way I can check the site daily, is through my mobile. Any one any ideas why this is happening?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:37
Thomas Poots
Community Manager

Digital Spy Staff

Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Since yesterday afternoon I can't get on to Digitalspy on my Blackberry. The page begins to load but then cuts out and goes to the homescreen. If this turns out to be a permanent issue then its absolutely gutting. I've been a daily user of DS now for about 4 years and i have no internet connection at home so the only way I can check the site daily, is through my mobile. Any one any ideas why this is happening?
Robert - Is this still happening? Is it for the main Digital Spy website, the forums, or both?

Why can't I get the mobile forums on my nexus 7 ...
If you're still having issues, could you please let me know what you're seeing?

Closed Thread