Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 08-05-2013, 21:07
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

When you suggest someone could be gay there are always people who say you are Only saying it cos you fancy them and you want it to be true. That's insulting and not true in lots of cases. There are people who insist someone can't be gay because they fancy them but I'm not gonna say that most straight people are like that. It's not a bad thing to say someone could be gay. Why do people act that way? It's offensive.
Jenny_Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2013, 21:45
Elphie_Lives
Forum Member

What part of "secret relationship with a man" did you not understand?

There is nothing suspicious about her and Wexler. They have been best friends for years, but are understandably together less since Chastain has hit the big time. But they aren't avoiding each other at all, they just shot a movie together

Jess Wexler is a great actress, I have been a fan for years. She is fantastic in the theatre, but her movie career has been sadly lacking (Teeth anyone?!). She has had a boyfriend for a while and so has Chastain, be happy for them and don't spin your own fantasy fan fiction

As for denying stuff, damned if you do and damned if you don't. If people want something to be true they won't accept it being false either way You don't want to end up like some demented Glee fans, trying to convince themselves Naya Rivera and Heather Morris are in love in real life. Same with Dianna Agron and Lea Michele.
Achele ftw!

(Itt would be totally hot if they were. )
Elphie_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 22:39
sparkle22
Forum Member

it's been well known for years alicia keys likes women apparently her record company made her dress more femme.
I also believe her relationship could be just for show.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 22:51
Daughterqueen
Inactive Member

His voice is beautiful
O yes it's truly unique.
Evelyn Glennie
Daughterqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 22:57
girlinstatic
Forum Member

Achele ftw!

(Itt would be totally hot if they were. )
I am probably going to be pegged as a delusional Glee person, but I personally think that they may have had a thing way back when they lived together
girlinstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 23:01
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

I am probably going to be pegged as a delusional Glee person, but I personally think that they may have had a thing way back when they lived together
I think they might have too and it's not because I am a crazy, delusional fan who wants if to be true. If that was the case I would say most female celebs were gay/bi but I'm not so I don't claim that!
Old 08-05-2013, 23:04
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

it's been well known for years alicia keys likes women apparently her record company made her dress more femme.
I also believe her relationship could be just for show.
Yes, I agree. There have been a lot of rumours(not saying that means it must be true because of that) and posts on message boards from women claiming to have slept with her swiftly deleted. She has made a few disparaging comments about lesbians, that could be to try and cover it up or internalised homophobia.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:27
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

it's been well known for years alicia keys likes women[...]I also believe her relationship could be just for show.
I recall rumours of her being a lesbian when she first came onto the scene. Was the suggestion that she broke up Swizz Beats' first marriage just PR trickery, to make us think that she's a rampant heterosexual?!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

I recall rumours of her being a lesbian when she first came onto the scene. Was the suggestion that she broke up Swizz Beats' first marriage just PR trickery, to make us think that she's a rampant heterosexual?!
Unfortunately some people would rather be thought of as home wreckers than gay. Quite a lot of gay people have internalised homophobia.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:23
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I find it very hard to believe when people claim to know someone personally and are aware that they are gay etc. Some may be telling the truth, but some people make it up. Plus, if you go out of your way to hide it how would someone who knows you so little be aware of it???

It's just sad that people still have to hide these things.
Please read again what I wrote. Whilst you are quite correct in that it may or may not be true, the individual quite clearly claimed the person 'wasn't hiding it in social settings', ergo, they don't hide it in their private or personal time among friends/industry people they trust. Her ex, she said, worked with him/them. Therefore he would know them.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:41
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

agree but I do think there's that worry cliff's fanbase is mainly women too and I think they worry that they won't sell as many concert tickets saying that joe mcelderry has a mostly female fanbase of which I am one of them and we love him.
and don't care there's also that feeling for many fans of being less threatened as they don't have to to get jealous of a wife or girlfriend which happens with many boy band members.
I do hope more celebs come out in future who does everyone else think will be next I hope queen latifah but I doubt it.
I don't see Queen Latifah coming out anytime soon unfortunately. I don't know if she ever will. Some people never do.
Old 10-05-2013, 18:23
Stube
Forum Member

I thought this topic would be the best place to post about Terrance Dean's Hiding In Hip-Hop which is a book where Dean wrote about his personal experiences with various black singers, actors, models etc but he doesn't reveal any names but instead uses false identities such as "Flynn".

It hints at stars such as Tyson Beckford, Will Smith, Marlon Wayans, Ne-Yo and LL Cool J all being gay/bi.
Stube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 23:30
sparkle22
Forum Member

I heard about that too also there is a blogger called jonathan jaxton who did a list of bi/gay celebs and some have come out since 2007 when he made the list.
most recently clive davis kelly clarkson,mariah & britney are all on the list also I reckon justin timberlake is gay.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:22
dee123
Forum Member

I heard about that too also there is a blogger called jonathan jaxton who did a list of bi/gay celebs and some have come out since 2007 when he made the list.
most recently clive davis kelly clarkson,mariah & britney are all on the list also I reckon justin timberlake is gay.
I think JT swings both ways. His wife is gay. Those rumours have been around since 7th Heaven.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:07
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

I thought this topic would be the best place to post about Terrance Dean's Hiding In Hip-Hop which is a book where Dean wrote about his personal experiences with various black singers, actors, models etc but he doesn't reveal any names but instead uses false identities such as "Flynn".

It hints at stars such as Tyson Beckford, Will Smith, Marlon Wayans, Ne-Yo and LL Cool J all being gay/bi.
Obviously it is hard for people in all areas of the industry to come out, which is why so many are reluctant, but I think hip hop is one of the worst. There is a lot of homophobia entrenched in it, with song lyrics and stars slinging homophobic insults at each other. I have also heard a lot of rumours about Eddie Murphy and Tyler Perry. Whether they are true or not is another matter but obviously some of them will be. Eddie Murphy has said some nasty stuff about gay people in the past(which doesn't mean he can't be gay) When celebrities are in the closet then obviously it should be their decision to come out(Although it isn't always their decision to stay closeted) but it is problematic if you are in the closet but saying homophobic shit. Michelle Rodriguez is another person with lots of gay rumours who has said some pretty homophobic things.
Old 11-05-2013, 14:13
attackmusic
Forum Member

Let me explain myself. I was just pointing out that most gay rumours are baseless. I didn't say its all fantasy, but a lot of it is. Believe me I know, I used to frequent datalounge. Some of the men on there try to claim every hot guy is gay, and the women try and claim all the hot girls are. Funny how no one tries to suggest the likes of Steve Buscemi or Gary Busey swing that way!!!

Maria Sharapova has a new boyfriend called Grigor Dimitrov, a fellow tennis player. I have followed his career since he was a junior, and he had a long term girlfriend until recently and another brief relationship. He is straight. But a handful of gay tennis fans tried to claim otherwise, basing it on nothing but their own fantasies. Plenty of supposed rumours start this way.

It's different with a Luke Evans or a Jessie J. People have legitimate proof or reason to doubt. But there is a good reason people say "You know you have made it when you get gay rumours". Joe Jonas rumours were started by people who said his voice was camp, Ant and Dec rumours started because they are, SHOCK HORROR, two men who spend time together.

I think I will leave this thread for good now, give you all some peace I find it interesting to discuss cases like Travolta or Alicia Keys, but they get lost in the fray. I'll leave you guys to it and stop spoiling the fun
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:21
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

Lot of people in the industry cover up their sexuality. This is fact. Looks have nothing to do with it. Straight people also hate the idea that people they fancy could possibly be gay sometimes. If you don't have proof that someone is gay, that doesn't mean they are not. If people say they think someone is gay because they have a camp voice, it doesn't mean they won't be gay. If people say someone they think is hot might be gay, doesn't mean they are not.You can't just say that most rumours are baseless just because you evidently don't want them to be true. If people are so offended by the suggest someone is gay, why do they even come on this thread?!
Old 11-05-2013, 14:31
FluffynpinK
Forum Member

attackmusic summed it up pretty well

Lot of people in the industry cover up their sexuality. This is fact. Looks have nothing to do with it. Straight people also hate the idea that people they fancy could possibly be gay sometimes. If you don't have proof that someone is gay, that doesn't mean they are not. If people say they think someone is gay because they have a camp voice, it doesn't mean they won't be gay. If people say someone they think is hot might be gay, doesn't mean they are not.You can't just say that most rumours are baseless just because you evidently don't want them to be true. If people are so offended by the suggest someone is gay, why do they even come on this thread?!
Then I can say you are gay because you're name is Jenny and most lesbians are called Jenny.

See how ridiculous it is? You can't go around saying someone is gay because they look like this or sound like that, it IS baseless and just looks like you're saying it cos of your fantasies. It's 0 evidence which = baseless.

No one is offended by anything, just saying how ridiculous some of these posts are.
"He's gay, listen to how he pronounces his S's."
"ER no he isn't, he's married with kids."
"He's just still in the closet."

At least give evidence, pictures or whatnot, make it juicy lol.
FluffynpinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:50
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

I don't say people are gay because I fancy them and many others don't. If that wax the case i would say most female celebrities were gay! All I said is that lots of people in the public eye cover up their sexuality and having a girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't always mean you are not gay. There are people who have come out now who had fans who refused to believe they were gay and said it was fantasy because they didn't want it to be true. Works both ways.
Old 11-05-2013, 15:14
PopRocket
Forum Member

Simon Cowell, Jason Orange, Robbie Williams, Harry Styles and Declan Donnerly and Aston from JLS (just imo of course)
PopRocket is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 15:26
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

Just wait for people to say some of those names MUST be wishful thinking
Old 11-05-2013, 15:31
Get Den Watts
Forum Member

Let me explain myself. I was just pointing out that most gay rumours are baseless. I didn't say its all fantasy, but a lot of it is. Believe me I know, I used to frequent datalounge. Some of the men on there try to claim every hot guy is gay, and the women try and claim all the hot girls are. Funny how no one tries to suggest the likes of Steve Buscemi or Gary Busey swing that way!!!

Maria Sharapova has a new boyfriend called Grigor Dimitrov, a fellow tennis player. I have followed his career since he was a junior, and he had a long term girlfriend until recently and another brief relationship. He is straight. But a handful of gay tennis fans tried to claim otherwise, basing it on nothing but their own fantasies. Plenty of supposed rumours start this way.

It's different with a Luke Evans or a Jessie J. People have legitimate proof or reason to doubt. But there is a good reason people say "You know you have made it when you get gay rumours". Joe Jonas rumours were started by people who said his voice was camp, Ant and Dec rumours started because they are, SHOCK HORROR, two men who spend time together.

I think I will leave this thread for good now, give you all some peace I find it interesting to discuss cases like Travolta or Alicia Keys, but they get lost in the fray. I'll leave you guys to it and stop spoiling the fun
I remember a few years ago when Sharapova had a dreadful loss of form and people "knew" it was because of some torturous lesbian relationship she was in (I can't remember the name of her alleged lover). The fact that Sharapova had a chronic shoulder injury and could barely lift a racket obviously had nothing to do with it.
Get Den Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 15:37
PopRocket
Forum Member

Nahhh They are friends, Edward is totally gay. If someone cant spot that, they havent got a head.
Agreed 100%
PopRocket is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 16:02
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I remember a few years ago when Sharapova had a dreadful loss of form and people "knew" it was because of some torturous lesbian relationship she was in (I can't remember the name of her alleged lover). The fact that Sharapova had a chronic shoulder injury and could barely lift a racket obviously had nothing to do with it.
Camilla Belle was the alleged lover.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 18:22
maddiesdoor
Inactive Member

Justin Timberlake crossed my mind as well, bisexual I presume. But I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Louis Tomlinson gets the hump if you question him, especially on his "relationship" with Harry Styles.
maddiesdoor is offline   Reply With Quote