Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 07-06-2013, 22:17
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

Has Louis come out yet?

Spoiler
Was he ever in?
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-06-2013, 22:47
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Has Louis come out yet?

Spoiler
Lol
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:07
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I suspect at least one of Britain's Got Talent's singing brothers Richard and Adam.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39
confuddled
Forum Member

You do know that George clooneys boyfriend is his hairdresser who is part of his entourage. It's a well known fact within his circle,
....and you know this how?
confuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:44
confuddled
Forum Member

Because no gay person has ever dated someone of the opposite sex to cover up their sexuality?! Also, she could be bisexual.You say you aren't offended by this thread but all you do is come on here and refute any suggestion someone could be gay and call people idiots because they say things you don't like.
i think Daisiesfan is only trying to inject a little common sense.
i think you would find it harder to come up with names of people who are straight
confuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00
*Clem*
Forum Member

....and you know this how?
It's been hinted at for years that his hairdresser who travels everywhere with him is his boyfriend.
*Clem* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

Most likely it would be someone you least suspect. Rock Hudson was one I would never think of as being gay when I was younger.
Every time I see him with Doris Day. I say to myself no he can't be but alas he was. What a waste
Tangledweb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:11
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

A few years ago there was a rumour here in Ireland that Ronan Keating and Brian Kennedy had a fling.
Old 09-06-2013, 14:23
Daughterqueen
Inactive Member

Dear tangledweb
What dyu actually mean when you say 'what a waste' when referring to Rock Hudson being gay?
Daughterqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 14:32
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

Dear tangledweb
What dyu actually mean when you say 'what a waste' when referring to Rock Hudson being gay?
Well he was so convincing in those old movies when he was with the girl its still hard to believe. I'm not putting down the fact he was gay just that if you didn't know he was gay it was. If you know what I mean.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:57
incy wincy
Forum Member

Well he was so convincing in those old movies when he was with the girl its still hard to believe. I'm not putting down the fact he was gay just that if you didn't know he was gay it was. If you know what I mean.
Surely that shows some decent talent then, if he could convincingly portray chemistry with female leads. I think it's the opposite of a waste - it shows that there's no reason why gay actors can't be cast in straight romance roles and help make the industry less closeted.

I don't understand what you mean by it being a waste, even after your explanation. A waste of what?
incy wincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Surely that shows some decent talent then, if he could convincingly portray chemistry with female leads.
Pretty much, it shows he was a good actor.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 14:18
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

Surely that shows some decent talent then, if he could convincingly portray chemistry with female leads. I think it's the opposite of a waste - it shows that there's no reason why gay actors can't be cast in straight romance roles and help make the industry less closeted.

I don't understand what you mean by it being a waste, even after your explanation. A waste of what?
I never thought that one simple comment could be made a big deal of. It's as if I had said something offensive about him I was'nt being rude just making a point that it was a waste that he had to cover up being gay as clearly as an actor and a celebrity he convinced a lot of people he was straight. Clearly he was a good actor. If I have offended anyone I apologise for it.
Old 10-06-2013, 14:37
Scarlett Berry
Forum Member

I never thought that one simple comment could be made a big deal of. It's as if I had said something offensive about him I was'nt being rude just making a point that it was a waste that he had to cover up being gay as clearly as an actor and a celebrity he convinced a lot of people he was straight. Clearly he was a good actor. If I have offended anyone I apologise for it.
Well darling you certainly haven't offended me and in fact in the past some of my girlfriends when finding out a lad is gay say Oh what a waste..meaning they will never get a chance with him. I don't think they're being offensive either.
Scarlett Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 14:42
DLcastoff
Forum Member

I can almost accept people saying what a waste if it is someone they know personally who they might have had a chance with had they been straight but with an actor you were never going to have a chance anyway it is a bit offensive albeit unintentional I am sure.
DLcastoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 15:21
incy wincy
Forum Member

I suppose it's just the word 'waste' doesn't make sense in the context, perhaps 'what a shame he had to hide it' would have been clearer.

I would hardly say it's a big deal though, two people asked you to clarify, that's all.

Well darling you certainly haven't offended me and in fact in the past some of my girlfriends when finding out a lad is gay say Oh what a waste..meaning they will never get a chance with him. I don't think they're being offensive either.
Why would you, a straight female, be offended anyway? The phrase 'what a waste' in your friends' context can be offensive to some, given that it's not a waste as a) plenty of gay men out there to enjoy him and b) who says if he was straight he would have gone near him anyway.
Old 10-06-2013, 15:37
Scarlett Berry
Forum Member

I suppose it's just the word 'waste' doesn't make sense in the context, perhaps 'what a shame he had to hide it' would have been clearer.

I would hardly say it's a big deal though, two people asked you to clarify, that's all.

Why would you, a straight female, be offended anyway? The phrase 'what a waste' in your friends' context can be offensive to some, given that it's not a waste as a) plenty of gay men out there to enjoy him and b) who says if he was straight he would have gone near him anyway.
Oh for Goodness sake, lighten up. I mean seriously!!No offence intended whatsoever. Stop looking for offence where none is intended.
Old 10-06-2013, 15:45
incy wincy
Forum Member

Oh for Goodness sake, lighten up. No offence intended whatsoever. Stop looking for offence where none is intended.
I wasn't looking for offence with the original poster, you were the one who brought that issue up. I haven't even said I find the comment offensive.

What I was highlighting in your post is that you're straight and you weren't being spoken to so I don't see why anyone would care whether you would or wouldn't find it offensive.
Old 10-06-2013, 15:48
Scarlett Berry
Forum Member

I wasn't looking for offence with the original poster, you were the one who brought that issue up. I haven't even said I find the comment offensive.

What I was highlighting in your post is that you're straight and you weren't being spoken to so I don't see why anyone would care whether you would or wouldn't find it offensive.
Well as I don't understand your response, I reckon I'll just leave it there
Old 10-06-2013, 16:10
incy wincy
Forum Member

Well as I don't understand your response, I reckon I'll just leave it there
I don't mean to bait, just want to clarify. If I were to read an anti-Semitic remark I could decide that it doesn't offend me, but it wouldn't really mean anything, because I'm not Jewish, therefore it's not up to me to decide that it's offensive to Jewish people.

As it stands, doesn't seem as if Tangledweb meant to be offensive, just poorly worded, hence the need for further explanation. It's just that some gay people do find that phrase quite offensive and I think it's good that if people don't realise that, they are made aware of it, especially if they are using it unintentionally.

Hope that clears it up, I don't mean to argue it out with you.
Old 10-06-2013, 16:20
BinCat
Forum Member

My cousin is gay and he says "tut, what a waste " when he finds out someone is straight.

It's a pretty light hearted comment and I can't imagine many folks would take offence tbh.
BinCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 17:19
Theo_Bear
Inactive Member

It's only ever been meant as a comment that the person saying it aims at their own desire to have sex with a gay person they hoped was straight. To take it any other way is just blatantly playing the "taking offence where none exists" card.
Theo_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 17:37
Makson
Forum Member

Kelly Rowland
Makson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 18:36
Poppysocks
Forum Member

. You understand precisely what is meant, you're just trying to make the poster feel bad for saying it. If you like someone of the opposite sex who is gay, then to them it seems a waste but then you know that don't you?
Poppysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 18:37
Poppysocks
Forum Member

My cousin is gay and he says "tut, what a waste " when he finds out someone is straight.

It's a pretty light hearted comment and I can't imagine many folks would take offence tbh.
Precisely
Poppysocks is offline   Reply With Quote