Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 23-10-2013, 19:53
kymmierhydfan
Forum Member

Miranda Hart, I need her to come out as she is one of my big crushes
kymmierhydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-10-2013, 20:33
IRITALIA
Forum Member

I'm not gay. I tried.
Maybe if you had been known as Jumboboner instead you would have had a better time.
IRITALIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 03:19
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I think jwoww is a man.
Oh...I'm only vaguely aware of who Snooki is so, when I saw mention of her show with Jwoww, I presumed that Jwoww was a man and that it was yet another celebrity couple show!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 11:38
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Oh...I'm only vaguely aware of who Snooki is so, when I saw mention of her show with Jwoww, I presumed that Jwoww was a man and that it was yet another celebrity couple show!
Lol. As I said above though, I would be unsurprised if they had slept with each other.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 10:16
tim18
Forum Member

Snooki enjoys kissing women when shes drunk. In jersey shore she had sex with deana in italy and then crying to her boyfriend over the phone.
tim18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 12:09
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Snooki enjoys kissing women when shes drunk. In jersey shore she had sex with deana in italy and then crying to her boyfriend over the phone.
Couldn't this be classed as pure attention-seeking for the cameras though?

I have no doubt a good deal have tried experimenting/are bisexual but come on now, this is Kim and Kanye look-at-me territory. You can't tell what's real and what's faked with these reality show folks.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 13:26
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Couldn't this be classed as pure attention-seeking for the cameras though?

I have no doubt a good deal have tried experimenting/are bisexual but come on now, this is Kim and Kanye look-at-me territory. You can't tell what's real and what's faked with these reality show folks.
True. Snooki does class herself as bisexual though.

The problem of course is that if someone says they're straight then people assume they're lying and if people say they're bi then no-one believes them because "it's a publicity stunt".
Old 26-10-2013, 15:22
attackmusic
Forum Member

True. Snooki does class herself as bisexual though.

The problem of course is that if someone says they're straight then people assume they're lying and if people say they're bi then no-one believes them because "it's a publicity stunt".
Exactly. None of that is fair. I am bisexual so I have no issue with anyone's sexuality, but I just hate when people try and decide someone's sexuality for them. If someone says they are straight, unless there is legitimate proof suggesting otherwise, why not believe them?

It's the same with all the girls who fancy Matt Bomer who try to suggest that he is bisexual or straight even though he has said he is gay. It's insulting and downright silly to suggest a complete stranger is lying about their sexuality? We have no idea what they get up to!
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 16:15
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Exactly. None of that is fair. I am bisexual so I have no issue with anyone's sexuality, but I just hate when people try and decide someone's sexuality for them. If someone says they are straight, unless there is legitimate proof suggesting otherwise, why not believe them?

It's the same with all the girls who fancy Matt Bomer who try to suggest that he is bisexual or straight even though he has said he is gay. It's insulting and downright silly to suggest a complete stranger is lying about their sexuality? We have no idea what they get up to!
But people will always speculate if there's grist to chew on. And the entertainment industry is full. of. grist. Cold hard fact.

Yes I too am sorry we're not at a more enlightened stage where it truly doesn't matter but...we're not.

Whatever people are or are not, whatever they say or don't say, the point blank fact of the matter is people will always speculate on these things amidst a tidal wave of info coming at them from the entertainment and sporting worlds. The internet has helped channel this.

That's just how it is. You can't police every mortal speculative thing everyone says. At least some of these views will be near or on the mark, btw. It's not all ridiculous and outlandish. As long as there's no spite, homophobia, racism, sexism, etc, or trolling the subjects themselves, then the thread is speculative and still has its place like all the others.
Old 26-10-2013, 22:08
Cryolemon
Forum Member

But people will always speculate if there's grist to chew on. And the entertainment industry is full. of. grist. Cold hard fact.
There's a difference between speculation based on very tenuous evidence (Chim shippers, for example) and claiming that people are lying with no evidence at all.
Old 27-10-2013, 02:10
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

It's the same with all the girls who fancy Matt Bomer who try to suggest that he is bisexual or straight even though he has said he is gay.
That is funny. They probably think he can't be gay because he has children!
Old 30-10-2013, 12:31
wilehelmas
Forum Member

There's a difference between speculation based on very tenuous evidence (Chim shippers, for example) and claiming that people are lying with no evidence at all.
Well nobody can break down the demographic of who is saying what and who should be playing by rules in entertainment viewpoints. It's a free beastie. The point really is that it's natural for people to be curious and also the way the industry presents itself often leads people to speculate, sometimes, yes, wrongly. Other times, they're nearer the mark than the sceptics realise.

Just bringing this here, for those that haven't seen it - just for interest a lot of thought has gone into it, obvs. I'll post it below in full, an interesting read from someone directly affected by closeting in music. He also discusses acting.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/bad-bo...d-gay-4161584/
Old 30-10-2013, 12:35
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I just love the part about pointlessly trying to take on Take That ... and also knowing they were full of BS, lol! Bless him.

Bad Boys Inc’s David W Ross: I was told not to flick my hair as it looked gay

Metro -- Monday 28 Oct 2013 6:00 am

David W Ross, formerly of Bad Boys Inc, was forced to hide his sexuality in the 1990s (Picture: Zelko Gorickic)

Twenty years ago, David W Ross was a pop star in boy band Bad Boys Inc, who were created as rivals to Take That and notched up six top 40 hits between 1993 and 1995. He left the band, moved to LA and became an actor. David tells his story to Andrew Williams.

"I was 19 when I joined Bad Boys Inc. A guy who helped put the band together saw my picture in a modelling agency and he suggested I should audition. I danced a bit, sang a bit and signed the contract. It was about how we looked rather than our talent.

"Both me and Matthew were gay; Ally and Tony were straight. It was an unspoken thing – we wouldn’t mention it – you couldn’t be out back then. In 1993, it was illegal to have a boyfriend if you were under 21 and HIV was affecting the gay community very badly. It was a very dark time.

"I was told not to walk down Old Compton Street in Soho because there were ‘rumours’ about me and I was told not to flick my hair on TV because it looked gay. It wasn’t just our career that would have suffered if I’d come out – thousands of pounds were spent on us and many people’s jobs depended on us.

"I was living with my boyfriend at the time, a photographer who was quite well known around London. I wasn’t paranoid about people finding out I was gay but I was f***ing miserable – that’s for sure. I lied a few times. I did a magazine interview where I was pointedly asked if I fancied men and I said no. That really upset some of my friends. What was I supposed to say? It’s not as if I was in Erasure – I was in a boy band. There was no space to get activist-y about it – it was a case of do you want a career or not?

"I tried to manoeuvre around questions. Whenever I was asked who my ideal girlfriend would be, I said The Little Mermaid – how gay can you get? I had to make it up as I went along – we had no media training, no dance lessons, no singing lesions. Nothing was prepared, we were just thrown out there.

"There was no malicious plan, such as: ‘Let’s put two gay guys in a boy band and make sure no one finds out.’ The people who put us together were very short-sighted and didn’t think things through.

"Being in the closet makes you absolutely miserable, which is one of the reasons I left the band. It’s horrible. It’s different for younger people now but there are generations of people who had, and still have, to be in the closet professionally. You end up having to compartmentalise your life psychologically, which is very damaging.

"You monitor everything you say all the time. You don’t use gender-specific words when you’re talking about your partner or who you’ve been seeing. You end up lying through your teeth. You take on this view that there’s something wrong with you that has to be hidden. It has a negative psychological impact on you. It’s a horrible way to live.

"You are not being authentic, although how authentic can you be in a boy band? There was this level of awareness among us that we were full of s*** the whole time. We weren’t put together because our producer thought: ‘I’ve got all these great songs so I’ll put a band together to get them in the charts.’ No, his motivation was: ‘I’m going to destroy Take That.’ We were f***ed from the start and we knew it. The fact we charted was a miracle.

"Boy bands are designed to extract money from little girls’ piggy banks, so I’m sure managers probably still aren’t keen on boy band members coming out as gay. Little girls probably don’t actually care, they might think: ‘I’ll be the one to turn him.’

It is probably easier now. My film is about marriage equality and people being together because they love each other. It seems the younger generation – I sound so old – doesn’t have a problem with it. If someone from One Direction was to come out it would be a big deal but most people wouldn’t give a s***.

"As bad as things were in the pop world, they’re worse in Hollywood. I’m an actor now and live in Los Angeles. There are casting directors who won’t see actors who are out as gay. Most films and TV shows are aimed at an audience of 30-year-old men living in middle America who won’t accept their gun-toting megastars if they come out of the closet.

"People are too scared to think that the macho guy who is blowing people’s heads off on screen might be sex with a man in the night time – but those attitudes are changing."

David W Ross has written and stars in gay marriage-themed film I Do, out on DVD now.
Old 30-10-2013, 12:43
wilehelmas
Forum Member

^ To be brutally honest, I don't think things are that much easier for anyone closeted and in a position of major career ascension in either sphere nowadays. I think the same old prejudices and fears are still there in the industry and the same old 'dont' tell'. Audiences might have changed and grown up, but the suits haven't imo. Yet.
Old 30-10-2013, 13:13
aero63
Forum Member

^ To be brutally honest, I don't think things are that much easier for anyone closeted and in a position of major career ascension in either sphere nowadays. I think the same old prejudices and fears are still there in the industry and the same old 'dont' tell'. Audiences might have changed and grown up, but the suits haven't imo. Yet.
That's the impression I get too. I honestly don't think most audiences would care. Ian McKellan has been a popular central character in two of the biggest franchises of recent years and he's hardly the straightest acting person off screen. Russell Tovey has played various laddish straight characters on telly over the last few years. No one's bothered that he's actually gay. Most audiences get that acting is only pretend. So, surely, the problem must be the suits.
aero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40
marlowe7
Forum Member

I have been watching the repeats of several series of "Good News" on BBC3, and I wonder if Russell Howard is bisexual?

I like the bloke, because beneath the cussing and swearing and put-downs, I think he hides quite a warm and kind personality (the "It's Not All Doom And Gloom" feature proves that, at times he looks genuinely moved).

He makes a lot of references to anal sex, which is what makes me wonder - I know a lot of straight guys have an interest, but Russ seems to reference it as often as possible - often more than once in one show.

Certainly he is gay-friendly, so there is no question of the hypocrisy you get from some TV personalities, and I can't believe he talks about it for "shock value" on BBC3, where anything goes.

What do others think?.

On the bigger question of why some celebrities stay "in the closet", well, at the end of the day, they are only like the rest of us, and it might be that they don't wish their families to know, or for one reason or another, might feel their families might be hostile to them. I can think of at least one well-known person who is widely rumoured to be gay, but he comes from a very religious family, with at least one member "in the official trade" so to speak.

It's sad really because obviously their real friends and fans would like them just as much regardless of their sexuality. But sometimes families can be .... difficult!
marlowe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I think you make a really good point here.

I know nothing about Russell Howard, so can't comment, but I do think that when we have these debates and arguments and people say 'well fans wouldn't care if so and so came out...' or 'he/she would be out by now because its different in Britain' or whatnot, we often forget that some people might not have come out to those most important to them, or whose opinions mean much more than the public's or the studio execs... their families.

And while lots will be fine about it, not every family member is going to be happy or easy-going about such things. I think we sometimes forget celebrities have families too.
Old 05-11-2013, 14:14
Airborae
Forum Member

I've been wondering about Russell Howard myself.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 14:41
sxcbaybee123
Forum Member

I have been watching the repeats of several series of "Good News" on BBC3, and I wonder if Russell Howard is bisexual?

I like the bloke, because beneath the cussing and swearing and put-downs, I think he hides quite a warm and kind personality (the "It's Not All Doom And Gloom" feature proves that, at times he looks genuinely moved).

He makes a lot of references to anal sex, which is what makes me wonder - I know a lot of straight guys have an interest, but Russ seems to reference it as often as possible - often more than once in one show.

Certainly he is gay-friendly, so there is no question of the hypocrisy you get from some TV personalities, and I can't believe he talks about it for "shock value" on BBC3, where anything goes.

What do others think?.

On the bigger question of why some celebrities stay "in the closet", well, at the end of the day, they are only like the rest of us, and it might be that they don't wish their families to know, or for one reason or another, might feel their families might be hostile to them. I can think of at least one well-known person who is widely rumoured to be gay, but he comes from a very religious family, with at least one member "in the official trade" so to speak.

It's sad really because obviously their real friends and fans would like them just as much regardless of their sexuality. But sometimes families can be .... difficult!
There have been rumours surrounding him for years, mainly when him and Jon Richardson were doing their 6 music show...I think he is likely to be more bi-curious than anything else. He's been with his current girlfriend for nearly 10 years and seems happy.

sxcbaybee123 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 23:12
Hermanazo
Forum Member

I wish Russell was gay or bi. He's dreamy and his arms look very luscious these days.

Oh am I stereotyping myself? Is there any straight presenter on BBC3 anyway?
Hermanazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 23:18
vaslav37
Forum Member

Russell Howard is hot...
vaslav37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:24
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Is there any straight presenter on BBC3 anyway?
Russell Kane has a show on that channel and he is, to my surprise, straight.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:51
dee123
Forum Member

That guy from The Vampire Diaries. I probably should be more specific Not the 2 male leads.
dee123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49
marlowe7
Forum Member

Russell Howard is hot...
The interesting thing is, although Russ isn't what many people would regard as handsome, I think his personality makes him even more attractive. For example, he talks about his "wonky eye" - I can honestly say I would never have noticed it if he hadn't mentioned it.

I think it is this modesty, and his down-to-earth quality, the complete lack of arrogance about his looks, that makes him even more attractive.

I should think he is quite loyal as well, he talks about his parents, grandparents and his brother regularly. He is the typical boy next door type who doesn't seem to realise he is attractive, which is itself attractive.
marlowe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 17:58
Airborae
Forum Member

That guy from The Vampire Diaries. I probably should be more specific Not the 2 male leads.
That's probably a grandson of a famous star then....not one of the supporting lycanthropes...who is a bit suspect himself...
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote