Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 24-11-2013, 03:27
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I wanted to make a suggestion but the fact that there appear to have been posts removed from this thread recently tells me I shouldn't!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-11-2013, 10:23
dee123
Forum Member

I wanted to make a suggestion but the fact that there appear to have been posts removed from this thread recently tells me I shouldn't!
Who was it about? That's pretty much a giant blinking light with "I'm gay" flashing if things are being removed from here. This is one thread where i haven't seen things removed in a long time.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 13:23
ChipPaper
Forum Member

For some reason my post has been removed, despite the fact that it was a perfectly reasonable post. If someone had a problem with it, they should have challenged it in the thread, not just ask for it to be removed. I'm up for debate if someone has a problem with what I have to say.
ChipPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 13:52
Cryolemon
Forum Member

If posts have been removed then obviously someone threatened DS with legal action about it, or has a court order against it.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 14:33
dodrade
Forum Member

Who was it about? That's pretty much a giant blinking light with "I'm gay" flashing if things are being removed from here. This is one thread where i haven't seen things removed in a long time.
Clearly there are no lesbians in Texas!
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 15:51
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Lol good way of alluding to it.
Old 24-11-2013, 19:34
lovelife7292
Forum Member

I think people need to learn how not to take it too far. Some of the things posted can be seen as pretty offensive, just imagine if these things were being said about you and they weren't true - we can talk about it and make suggestions, but it shouldn't get too near the knuckle. Just saying..
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 20:27
kymmierhydfan
Forum Member

Probably because I reported the poster for calling me an idiot, probably why it was removed
kymmierhydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 20:41
attackmusic
Forum Member

I think people need to learn how not to take it too far. Some of the things posted can be seen as pretty offensive, just imagine if these things were being said about you and they weren't true - we can talk about it and make suggestions, but it shouldn't get too near the knuckle. Just saying..
I don't think it is offensive to suggest someone is gay at all. But to suggest they are lying with no proof? That is what bothers me. Ultimately these people are strangers to us and a lot of it is projection. I like when this thread is more tongue in cheek and light hearted

A while ago someone said on an Alicia Keys message board a girl said they slept with her and it got removed and they said this was proof she was gay. Hardly! Of course there is a possibility that she is gay or bisexual (we kinda get forgotten sometimes!) and doesn't want people to know or maybe she just doesn't want people spreading lies about her. The point is we don't know

I think this thread should just be fun or we can discuss someone like Luke Evans, because there is actually evidence that he is covering up his sexuality. People do take wishful thinking too far IMO. I used to do the same when I was younger, I convinced myself Kate Winslet was a lesbian
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 21:21
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Simply suggesting that someone might be gay based on their appearance or mannerisms isn't in itself offensive I don't think. As I've said a few times in this thread though some people go too far.
Old 25-11-2013, 03:03
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Probably because I reported the poster for calling me an idiot, probably why it was removed
Oh! It was just that the thread was showing at the time that it had 70 pages but I couldn't access the last one, making me think posts were removed.

Well, not that all camp men are gay, but two members of the current big boyband came across as very camp when they appeared via video link on Saturday's edition of The Xtra Factor..
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 07:52
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Most boyband members come across as camp in one way or another lol.
Old 25-11-2013, 08:54
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Quite simply if you are crusading for 'truth and justice' on here you don't have the backbone to be here imo. This isn't a court of law.

This is primarily a gossip and speculation/aka OPINION forum, democratically set up as such, and to take offense at every mortal turn is just crazy.

To also be arrogant to assume people don't know what they are talking about, have no sources and no proof is also silly, and dangerous, since some people will be goaded to reveal. I'm not one of them.

But most of us are not in this arena to 'out' anyone against their will. Many of us don't even claim to know anyone's sexuality 100%, merely put forth arguments they are not entirely their media image. If you wish to buy into that media image wholeheartedly then that's up to you but don't dictate to other people what they can and can't say, or worse still, challenge what they often know, without expecting some recourse in return.

It is not some silly competition to 'out' people or a playground fight. If you can't cope, don't come here, simple as.

Some people are outing themselves slowly, without help from others. IF people were paying attention as they maybe should be.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 09:24
Terry Hesticles
Forum Member

Quite simply if you are crusading for 'truth and justice' on here you don't have the backbone to be here imo. This isn't a court of law.

This is primarily a gossip and speculation/aka OPINION forum, democratically set up as such, and to take offense at every mortal turn is just crazy.

To also be arrogant to assume people don't know what they are talking about, have no sources and no proof is also silly, and dangerous, since some people will be goaded to reveal. I'm not one of them.

But most of us are not in this arena to 'out' anyone against their will. Many of us don't even claim to know anyone's sexuality 100%, merely put forth arguments they are not entirely their media image. If you wish to buy into that media image wholeheartedly then that's up to you but don't dictate to other people what they can and can't say, or worse still, challenge what they often know, without expecting some recourse in return.

It is not some silly competition to 'out' people or a playground fight. If you can't cope, don't come here, simple as.

Some people are outing themselves slowly, without help from others. IF people were paying attention as they maybe should be.
This! Amen.
Terry Hesticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 16:28
Terry Hesticles
Forum Member

Simon Gregson from Corrie is rather camp
Terry Hesticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 18:27
Walter Neff
Forum Member

Simon Gregson from Corrie is rather camp
I agree, he seems to have got more camp as he has got older, but I am sure that he is straight.
Walter Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 20:58
Grabid Rannies
Forum Member

I agree, he seems to have got more camp as he has got older, but I am sure that he is straight.
I remember an ex-friend of mine telling me back in 1998 or 99 that SG was gay, knowing someone who had been with him, and that it wasn't a secret but just not something he's ever chosen to discuss. That's doesn't make it true of course, but I just thought it was funny that his name should come up in this thread!
Grabid Rannies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 22:07
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

The character is meant to be a buffoon and he plays it a bit camp for effect

Married with 2 kids suggest he's unlikely to be gay, though not impossible
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 22:34
Conehead
Forum Member

C.S Lewis. Whenever he mentions Narnia my gaydar squeals like an abused theremin.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 01:06
Danny_Girl
Forum Member

C.S Lewis. Whenever he mentions Narnia my gaydar squeals like an abused theremin.
Of course some of that may be the saying that someone is so far back in the closet that they are almost in Narnia
Danny_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 12:40
Airborae
Forum Member

Most boyband members come across as camp in one way or another lol.
Yeah...especially the 1D lot!
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 16:39
SirMickTravis
Forum Member

I reckon about 50% of politicians are gay including at least two recent Prime Ministers and most actors are bisexual.
SirMickTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 16:51
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I reckon about 50% of politicians are gay including at least two recent Prime Ministers and most actors are bisexual.
I dunno about 50% lol. I would say it might well be more than the 22 MPs (plus Simon Hughes, who in his own words has "problems with his sexuality", or words to that effect) who are openly gay though.
Old 29-11-2013, 20:01
Airborae
Forum Member

The actor Kevin Zegers I mentioned in an earlier post as being a possible, is apparently married. Can't say I saw that one coming.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 20:34
Morgsie
Forum Member

I dunno about 50% lol. I would say it might well be more than the 22 MPs (plus Simon Hughes, who in his own words has "problems with his sexuality", or words to that effect) who are openly gay though.
The break down of the figure is 13 Conservatives (the irony), 4 Lib Dem's (Simon Hughes, David laws, Setphen Williams and Stephen Gilbert) and 5 Labour. I think this is correct. I agree there could be more
Morgsie is offline   Reply With Quote