Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 08-12-2013, 18:13
ChipPaper
Forum Member

^^^Almost every name in this thread is practically pulled out of a hat. There is little to no proof of any one of them being gay. Zayn is just one in a long line of random guesses.
ChipPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-12-2013, 20:35
attackmusic
Forum Member

^^^Almost every name in this thread is practically pulled out of a hat. There is little to no proof of any one of them being gay. Zayn is just one in a long line of random guesses.
Oh I absolutely agree with you about that.

I think Luke Evans is the only person who there is actually any proof about. Still sad that he has to hide his sexuality
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 21:38
Fhionnuisce
Forum Member

Where did I say that ? Toms announcement is just one in a long list of celebs who come out as Bi instead of Gay as its less harmful on their careers . Duncan from Blue recently said he was actually Gay and never Bi ...I work in an industry where everyone knows Jessie J is full on Lesbian but is still saying shes Bi to further her career....

This is offensive to gay people as what they're saying is that its not ok to be gay but maybe ok to be Bi .

Daley will do a Duncan at some point and say actually I've always been gay ...yawn

For all those who are saying hes Bi .....if he is why then has he never had a girlfriend ....it seems odd his first relationship is with a man as opposed to a woman which with the pressure of society would naturally be a woman.

Hes gay and every gay man knows it.....lets see what happens in time.
I said on another thread that in the released transcript of the Johnathan Ross Show it said that after taking about how they met he added: “To be honest, everything is all pretty new and I don’t see any point in putting a label on it – gay, bi or straight.” That appears to have been taken out before broadcast.

He did have a girlfriend last year. Anyway just to be clear I'm really happy that he's found someone to love and who loves him - his words. Why can't people just be pleased for him?
Fhionnuisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 21:59
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Why can't people just be pleased for him?
Because they never are, basically.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:03
dee123
Forum Member

Has anyone mentioned Zayn Malik on here? I remember someone saying he was gay...
Really? Of all OneDirection you choose him?
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 18:29
attackmusic
Forum Member

Really? Of all OneDirection you choose him?
To be fair, there isn't good enough reasons to think any of them are. People say Louis because he is camp but as I pointed out earlier in the thread David Emanuel is outrageously camp but everyone accepts he is straight, probably because of how he looks.

I think we can all agree the Larry stuff is completely demented. I mean have you heard the supposed reasons I don't think the fangirls even want them to be gay they just don't want any girls to go near them. Look at what happened to Caroline Flack. I know the age gap was creepy but even to this day she gets appalling hate from that fandom
Old 09-12-2013, 20:02
oathy
Forum Member

Scott mills was right when he said last week reactions about someone being Gay and making big news really is disappointing.
Its like a Hollywood A lister he walks into a Venue with a 20 something on his arm they spend the evening in the back of the theatre with lips attached and feeling each other all over. but its okay he's not gay...
oathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 20:34
lovelife7292
Forum Member

Scott mills was right when he said last week reactions about someone being Gay and making big news really is disappointing.
Its like a Hollywood A lister he walks into a Venue with a 20 something on his arm they spend the evening in the back of the theatre with lips attached and feeling each other all over. but its okay he's not gay...
i don't get the last half of this post????
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:00
dee123
Forum Member

Neither do i. I wonder who they are talking about?
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:50
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I think they're commenting on how some people will kick up a fuss if there's a big age gap between a gay couple e.g. Tom Daley and his rumoured older boyfriend, thinking the older man must be using him, but they're not bothered if a straight male star has a much younger girlfriend.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 13:42
Blockz99
Forum Member

I said on another thread that in the released transcript of the Johnathan Ross Show it said that after taking about how they met he added: “To be honest, everything is all pretty new and I don’t see any point in putting a label on it – gay, bi or straight.” That appears to have been taken out before broadcast.

He did have a girlfriend last year. Anyway just to be clear I'm really happy that he's found someone to love and who loves him - his words. Why can't people just be pleased for him?
so he did'nt see any point in putting a label on it ....and then did in the video by painfully adding "...I still fancy girls .." thus making it clear he is bi - a label .

I'm happy for him too . What I find annoying is the steady stream of Celebs who get praise for being " So honest " "so brave" etc for appararently coming out but quickly add/imply that they are not Gay but Bi to protect their career . So they're not being honest at all .
Blockz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 13:53
Cryolemon
Forum Member

so he did'nt see any point in putting a label on it ....and then did in the video by painfully adding "...I still fancy girls .." thus making it clear he is bi - a label .

I'm happy for him too . What I find annoying is the steady stream of Celebs who get praise for being " So honest " "so brave" etc for appararently coming out but quickly add/imply that they are not Gay but Bi to protect their career . So they're not being honest at all .
What if they are actually bi though?
Old 10-12-2013, 14:53
attackmusic
Forum Member

What a shocking suggestion. It's not like a lot of us are genuinely bi

I would suggest you ignore that poster, clearly trolling and trying to get a rise. Tom may be bi or he may be gay. He knows more than some stranger on the internet who insists in insulting bisexuals.
Old 10-12-2013, 15:36
attackmusic
Forum Member

I think another problem is people believe what they want. A lot of people claim someone is gay or bi with no knowledge of this at all. I used to do it all the time because I wanted it. There was a book written by a man claiming Katharine Hepburn slept with 150 women as well as other claims about people like Cary Grant that were proved to be factually incorrect. This IMDB thread has more info:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000031/b.../194171699?p=1

Some people will want Tom to be bi or some will want him to be gay. He didn't label himself at all, and it's his life so only he knows for sure
Old 10-12-2013, 17:22
Blockz99
Forum Member

What a shocking suggestion. It's not like a lot of us are genuinely bi

I would suggest you ignore that poster, clearly trolling and trying to get a rise. Tom may be bi or he may be gay. He knows more than some stranger on the internet who insists in insulting bisexuals.

If you mean me by "ignore that poster" then I can assure you I'm not trolling...Guess what I have an opinion as valid as yours or anyone else. I would never accuse someone of trolling just for having an opinion....you seem to accuse people of trolling simply because you don't agree with them....you are strange.

I'm really bored of you're accusations that I'm insulting Bisexuals ...you seem to have a lot of problems and Issues that you should really seek help for.
Old 10-12-2013, 17:32
Blockz99
Forum Member

If they are actually really Bi then thats fine, thats great.As I've said before my opinion doen'st mean I believe Bi's don't exist - of course they do exist as much as gays.

My point is that I believe, you'll notice the important bit there I believe, its just my opinion that Daley is Gay and I believe he is being credited with coming out but has not actually been brave at all by adding the painful "I still like girls" He has kept all his marketing options open and probably at the behest of his management and ITV kept the options open....

Its great to see a sportsman help break down the macho sports stereotype so Kudos to Tom for that ....however my opinion is still that hes not been as brave as people think.
Old 12-12-2013, 13:20
wilehelmas
Forum Member

Because they never are, basically.
True.

There's a thread here I keep dipping into to question why people are so concerned for Tom Daley's choice of partner. Since they've decided his much older bf (who isn't even confirmed) is out to eat his soul. Ahem, fueled, no doubt by whatever faux concern/story du jour is peddled by our beloved tabloids.

I was as annoyed about this age gap hand-wringing thing with Harry Styles and Caroline Flack when that kicked off in 2010/11 (before realisation dawned that it was a complete PR sham and not worth the bother of commenting further).
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 23:02
Hermanazo
Forum Member

Tom is out, clock is ticking for that other "flamboyant" British Olympian I say...
Hermanazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 23:45
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

Louis Smith?
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 09:44
len112
Forum Member

I feel bad for saying this but a certain IAC contestants partner seemed rather suspicious to me .
len112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 13:03
ChipPaper
Forum Member

I feel bad for saying this but a certain IAC contestants partner seemed rather suspicious to me .
Harry Needs, Rebecca Adlington's boyfriend, I assume. I thought the exact same thing, to be honest. That said, I'm not going to start claiming it as cold hard fact as is the way of the thread. It was my immediate thought, but he could just be a little gentle. I've met other straight guys that are the same.
ChipPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 15:31
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Harry Needs, Rebecca Adlington's boyfriend, I assume. I thought the exact same thing, to be honest. That said, I'm not going to start claiming it as cold hard fact as is the way of the thread. It was my immediate thought, but he could just be a little gentle. I've met other straight guys that are the same.
Agreed on both counts. She's not exactly girly either, so maybe it's just opposites attract lol.
Old 13-12-2013, 22:56
maureens
Forum Member

Agreed on both counts. She's not exactly girly either, so maybe it's just opposites attract lol.
Hate to say it but when i saw him with her, my first thought was do they beard for each other?
maureens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 01:43
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Hate to say it but when i saw him with her, my first thought was do they beard for each other?
It's certainly possible.
Old 14-12-2013, 16:40
puffenstuff
Forum Member

As a 53 yr old married woman with a bit of life experience behind me I would like to say I think it is brave of Tom Daley to come out and I dont think he is saying he is Bi because he is afraid to say he is gay. I believe him when he says that at this moment in his life he identifies himself as Bi. I actually think sexuality is quite fluid for some people , I dont know how many. Some people are convinced theyre straight and some are convinced theyre gay , thats fine. But then you get people like me who have been mostly straight my whole life, happily married, would run a mile if a woman had made a pass at me when younger I think, well 2 made a pass at me and I said no thanks, but that was mostly because I didnt fancy them at all. Who knows what i would have done if i had found them attractive. From my own experiences I had a gay male friend who asked if I would sleep with him out of curiosity to whom I said no as I just didnt fancy him at all, then again when I was living in a hostel in London in my late teens I met a gay rent boy who was servicing an MP connected to the hostel in exchange for bed and board (not giving out identifying info) and we met each other and BAM had a passionate tryst/fluck buddies for around 6 months. He identified himself as gay, had only ever slept with men he must have been about 20 at that point. I dont know if he was truly gay or bi but we definitely connected and he hasnt to my knowledge been involved with a woman since as we are still friends.
puffenstuff is offline   Reply With Quote