Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 07-02-2014, 20:43
spimf
Forum Member

How dare people speculate about celebrities sexuality!!! Unless you have definitive 100% proof you have NO RIGHT to say they could be gay!!!

*DS needs a sarcasm smilie.
spimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-02-2014, 20:59
rawr
Forum Member

How dare people speculate about celebrities sexuality!!! Unless you have definitive 100% proof you have NO RIGHT to say they could be gay!!!

*DS needs a sarcasm smilie.
It's more the insistence that people have that is incredibly obnoxious, since you can't possibly 'know' something about someone you've never met.

Although if I'm honest, speculating in general is obnoxious. It's a pointless pursuit, and the desire to 'out' people who may be keeping their sexuality private is nothing to be proud of, but each to their own.
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 21:36
lovelife7292
Forum Member

It's more the insistence that people have that is incredibly obnoxious, since you can't possibly 'know' something about someone you've never met.

Although if I'm honest, speculating in general is obnoxious. It's a pointless pursuit, and the desire to 'out' people who may be keeping their sexuality private is nothing to be proud of, but each to their own.
this isn't the thread for you then, pet
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:39
dee123
Forum Member

this thread used to be quite fun
I know. But then all the moaners came here.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 13:32
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

I know. But then all the moaners came here.
It's ridiculous. If they find it so offensive to suggest someone is gay then they really shouldn't come on here. The thing that should bother people is the fact that so many people( famous or not) have to hide their sexuality. Best to ignore those posters who say you are delusional and it must be wishful thinking like no one is in the closet. Ofcourse there are people who say someone is gay because they want them to be but there are also people who refuse to believe someone is gay because they fancy them. I just wish people didn't have to hide who they are for their career, because of people not accepting them and I wish there weren't so many homophobic idiots in the world. Many of whom don't even know they are homophobic.
Jenny_Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 13:41
attackmusic
Forum Member

It's ridiculous. If they find it so offensive to suggest someone is gay then they really shouldn't come on here. The thing that should bother people is the fact that so many people( famous or not) have to hide their sexuality. Best to ignore those posters who say you are delusional and it must be wishful thinking like no one is in the closet. Ofcourse there are people who say someone is gay because they want them to be but there are also people who refuse to believe someone is gay because they fancy them. I just wish people didn't have to hide who they are for their career, because of people not accepting them and I wish there weren't so many homophobic idiots in the world. Many of whom don't even know they are homophobic.
As always you miss the point. People like you refuse to believe anyone is straight. Take Tom Cruise for example. Only ever dated women and married women, yet people don't see that as proof that he is straight. Why? No reason. You think that is logical so all the homophobes who say gay people don't exist and are just confused are awful, but all the gay and bi people who say people are lying about their sexuality or could be gay/bi are logical and justified. I used to be the same, and I am embarrassed about that. You play the homophobia card because you have no real counter argument. Let me guess, Elton John was married to a woman

Unless someone later said they were gay or bi, why refuse to accept their heterosexual relationship? Why doubt it? It's hypocrisy
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 19:00
rawr
Forum Member

this isn't the thread for you then, pet
Oh stop whining about the thread being ruined. It's an obnoxious thread, sometimes people are going to come in and say that. If you can't take that, maybe this isn't the thread for you, pet.
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 19:12
basdfg
Forum Member

Did anyone see the article in the Sun talking about the Model who must be a lesbian because of her hairstyle looking like lesbian film stars from the 1930's and 1940's
basdfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 20:37
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Did anyone see the article in the Sun talking about the Model who must be a lesbian because of her hairstyle looking like lesbian film stars from the 1930's and 1940's
To be fair, her hairstyle isn't the only reason for people talking about her being gay.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:12
dee123
Forum Member

As always you miss the point. People like you refuse to believe anyone is straight. Take Tom Cruise for example. Only ever dated women and married women, yet people don't see that as proof that he is straight. Why? No reason. You think that is logical so all the homophobes who say gay people don't exist and are just confused are awful, but all the gay and bi people who say people are lying about their sexuality or could be gay/bi are logical and justified. I used to be the same, and I am embarrassed about that. You play the homophobia card because you have no real counter argument. Let me guess, Elton John was married to a woman

Unless someone later said they were gay or bi, why refuse to accept their heterosexual relationship? Why doubt it? It's hypocrisy
Wait. Stop. Your using Tom Cruise as your example? LOL.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 13:22
attackmusic
Forum Member

Wait. Stop. Your using Tom Cruise as your example? LOL.
Please tell me you realise you just proved my point
Old 09-02-2014, 21:06
sparkle22
Forum Member

refering back to an earlier post Cynthia Nixon has always identified as bi rather than 100 per cent gay.
she was married to a man for years also Elton slept with his wife.
something I didn't know assuming like most it was a sham but he spoke about it on piers morgan interesting how she never sold a story on Elton.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 21:25
Cryolemon
Forum Member

refering back to an earlier post Cynthia Nixon has always identified as bi rather than 100 per cent gay.
Indeed, but that didn't stop lesbians on tumblr and elsewhere calling her a traitor for "going back to men".
Old 09-02-2014, 21:49
attackmusic
Forum Member

she was married to a man for years also Elton slept with his wife.
something I didn't know assuming like most it was a sham but he spoke about it on piers morgan interesting how she never sold a story on Elton.
Freddie Mercury slept with women too. Sometimes bisexual people refer to themselves as gay or straight due to prejudice, or sometimes what people identify as can change. I don't think that makes sexuality a choice, but it can be fluid for some.
Old 09-02-2014, 23:20
Hermanazo
Forum Member

This Instagram pic has 78% of gay content, according to Which!

http://instagram.com/p/kFXk56O0RE/
Hermanazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:50
Radiomaniac
Forum Member

Those getting on their high horses about people here speculating over who might be gay, should listen to themselves.

They are making it sound as if THEY think it's an insult to suggest that anyone might be gay.

In my opinion, it's anything but an insult.
Radiomaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:15
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

Nothing could ever convince me that Louis Smith is straight
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:25
attackmusic
Forum Member

Nothing could ever convince me that Louis Smith is straight
Which is ridiculous. Refusing to believe someone is straight just because you want them to be gay is a huge problem and actually delusional. He had a girlfriend for a time before people even knew who hew as. What you are doing is the same as homophobic idiots who refuse to believe homosexuality exists.

In that case, I can go back to refusing to believe Kate Winslet is straight
Old 10-02-2014, 11:26
attackmusic
Forum Member

Those getting on their high horses about people here speculating over who might be gay, should listen to themselves.

They are making it sound as if THEY think it's an insult to suggest that anyone might be gay.

Missing the point of people's complaints. There is noting wrong with being gay or bisexual, which in am myself. But trying to dictate people's sexuality is always wrong.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:04
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

So true. Homophobia isn't just calling people horrible names. Getting insulted and calling people deluded etc for suggesting someone might be IS homophobic because you are getting offended by the suggestion. As I have said, I just scroll past those idiots yet they keep coming back again and again. As I always say, what should upset people is the fact that a lot of people have to be closeted. That is the problem. It would be silly if people on here said everyone is gay yet no one has done that. We are aware that the majority of people are straight yet there are still millions of gay people and obviously a lot, famous and not, who are closeted and that is bloody sad.
Jenny_Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 14:11
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Which is ridiculous. Refusing to believe someone is straight just because you want them to be gay is a huge problem and actually delusional.
But does saying "I refuse to believe he's straight" actually imply that they want him to be gay? All it says directly is that they think he is.
Old 10-02-2014, 14:54
attackmusic
Forum Member

But does saying "I refuse to believe he's straight" actually imply that they want him to be gay? All it says directly is that they think he is.
Saying you refuse to believe someone is straight when you have no reason to think otherwise is wrong, just like homophobes refusing to believe that gay people actually exist in the world.
Old 10-02-2014, 16:17
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Saying you refuse to believe someone is straight when you have no reason to think otherwise is wrong, just like homophobes refusing to believe that gay people actually exist in the world.
I see your point, but it's still not quite the same as saying "I want him to be gay".
Old 10-02-2014, 16:29
attackmusic
Forum Member

I see your point, but it's still not quite the same as saying "I want him to be gay".
I should have been clearer, I mean that is more often than not a reason why people convince themselves someone must be gay, which I have done myself in the past. Hence why people accept the likes of David Emmanuel as straight despite being camper than the likes of Louis Tomlinson or Taylor Lautner, who people try to say must be gay because of that.

I just find people's refusal to accept heterosexuals relationships hypocritical. Take Demi lovato. She dated that guy from That 70s show for many years, often kept it secret. But a few lesbians now claim she is gay because Ruby Rose said she slept with her. MEN Demi slept with leaked naked pictures of her, so if Ruby is telling the truth then bisexual is the correct term.

The reasons people give as proof someone must be gay are often hilariously delusional, which can't be denied. As I said, it reminds me of homophobes who say gay people don't exist. People find that insulting, but think they can say people who are in straight relationships are lying about who they are. As I said, people then play the homophobia card which proves they know I am right and have no logical counter argument.
Old 10-02-2014, 16:51
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Take Demi lovato. She dated that guy from That 70s show for many years, often kept it secret. But a few lesbians now claim she is gay because Ruby Rose said she slept with her. MEN Demi slept with leaked naked pictures of her, so if Ruby is telling the truth then bisexual is the correct term.
As a bisexual, that is certainly annoying, yes.