Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 12-02-2014, 22:50
sparkle22
Forum Member

dee 123 kind of agree there are some genuine bisexuals but I agree many are hiding behind the label to protect their careers.
Also someone's sexuality can change sam fox has said she dated men in her early twenties but then when she got to 26 realised she was gay and has had two serious lesbian relationships.
as far as I know she never lied saying she was bi when she wasn't.
she has said she fancied women but fancied the men she was with at the time I would like to see more female celebs come out.
when was the last time a female from a girl band came out with the exception of Courtney from stooshe.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-02-2014, 23:05
Isleepinthebuff
Forum Member

They split up a while back IIRC.
I was surprised to see Cynthia Nixon has split with her wife. I googled it and nothing came up? Wen/how was it announced?
Isleepinthebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 00:04
oathy
Forum Member

makes sense about one long running rumour.
A certain Presenter of a long running American Talent show broke up with his GF over 6 months ago. Her Brother is another with long standing rumours about him. (who recently bought a house with a male friend) The Rumour was the breakup wasn't with the woman but he found out his real love had cheated on him so it broke up and now this guy moves in with a Male friend (all strictly two heterosexual rules of course)

also loving the tales of the Straight laced Right wing News channel presenter that would be so funny if true with the amount of BS they pump out on Family Values.
oathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 00:29
sheepiefarm
Forum Member

captain birdseye is gay I think
Has he got fed up of fish fingers
sheepiefarm is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 09:40
attackmusic
Forum Member

makes sense about one long running rumour.
A certain Presenter of a long running American Talent show broke up with his GF over 6 months ago. Her Brother is another with long standing rumours about him. (who recently bought a house with a male friend) The Rumour was the breakup wasn't with the woman but he found out his real love had cheated on him so it broke up and now this guy moves in with a Male friend (all strictly two heterosexual rules of course)

also loving the tales of the Straight laced Right wing News channel presenter that would be so funny if true with the amount of BS they pump out on Family Values.
You do realise a lot of straight men and women share houses, or does that make you gay now too
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 13:56
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I was surprised to see Cynthia Nixon has split with her wife. I googled it and nothing came up? Wen/how was it announced?
I thought they had, I might have been wrong though.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 01:19
dee123
Forum Member

You do realise a lot of straight men and women share houses, or does that make you gay now too
Yes. Normal everyday people like all us here. Not celebrities who could easily afford the house on their own. If it was a couple of young stars from The Disney Channel or something doing this it wouldn't raise a peep. But these are 2 guys pushing 30.

At least admit it's not the norm.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 14:20
Visitor Q
Forum Member

Yes. Normal everyday people like all us here. Not celebrities who could easily afford the house on their own. If it was a couple of young stars from The Disney Channel or something doing this it wouldn't raise a peep. But these are 2 guys pushing 30.

At least admit it's not the norm.
Not commenting on this particular case (I'm not even sure who they are), but to be fair the house/flat sharing culture in the USA does seem to be very different from the UK.

I've often been surprised to see relatively well-known actors etc referring to "roommates", when they could (presumably) afford their own homes.

Maybe it's something to do with not wanting to leave the house empty when they're working away for extended periods. Or maybe Americans just don't like living alone...
Visitor Q is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 11:45
Isleepinthebuff
Forum Member

Alexander Skarsgard

Now his "girlfriend" has come out, surely he has to be next!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-The-East.html
Old 15-02-2014, 12:25
dodrade
Forum Member

Alexander Skarsgard

He played a gay arctic explorer in Beyond the Pole, in hindsight perhaps not much acting necessary for that role.
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 13:12
Visitor Q
Forum Member

Alexander Skarsgard

I'm not one to believe every rumour I hear, but stories like this do make me think there is something to all those bearding stories out there!
Visitor Q is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 13:29
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I'm not one to believe every rumour I hear, but stories like this do make me think there is something to all those bearding stories out there!
Indeed. Some of the stories are obvious horseshit, but clearly there are likely to be some which are true.
Old 15-02-2014, 13:44
dee123
Forum Member

It's nothing new in Hollywood: Lavender marriage
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 14:19
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Alexander Skarsgard

I honestly don't think Skarsgard is gay.

Congrats to Ellen though. Lovely girl and a brilliant actress.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 14:44
Isleepinthebuff
Forum Member

Well a lot was made of their relationship. from Ellen's speech, it's obvious she's always been gay (I don't think anyone was surprised) but looking at google images of the two of them, they were obviously trying to put people off the scent. Surely it must be for both of them!
Old 15-02-2014, 14:56
sjp07
Forum Member

dee 123 kind of agree there are some genuine bisexuals but I agree many are hiding behind the label to protect their careers.
Also someone's sexuality can change sam fox has said she dated men in her early twenties but then when she got to 26 realised she was gay and has had two serious lesbian relationships.
as far as I know she never lied saying she was bi when she wasn't.
she has said she fancied women but fancied the men she was with at the time I would like to see more female celebs come out.
when was the last time a female from a girl band came out with the exception of Courtney from stooshe.
Kari's is gay too. She and Roxxxan broke up a while ago because she cheated on her with Courtney and they have been together ever since. At least as far as I know, I don't think they broke up.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 15:21
UnlikelyHeroine
Forum Member

Well done to Ellen Page for officially taking herself out of speculation in this thread
UnlikelyHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 22:40
attackmusic
Forum Member

Alexander Skarsgard

Erm they never said they were dating, it was the press. He has had girlfriends in the past, but of course some will try and claim he is gay too even though him and Ellen never said they were dating

Apparently if you say you are straight or have heterosexual relationships it proves nothing, but people who say homosexuality doesn't exist or people like Ellen are just out for attention are insulting. Hypocrisy is wonderful
Old 16-02-2014, 06:35
Lu88
Forum Member

Congratulations to Ellen for being honest. We need more people like her.
Lu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 11:11
marjangles
Forum Member

Erm they never said they were dating, it was the press. He has had girlfriends in the past, but of course some will try and claim he is gay too even though him and Ellen never said they were dating

Apparently if you say you are straight or have heterosexual relationships it proves nothing, but people who say homosexuality doesn't exist or people like Ellen are just out for attention are insulting. Hypocrisy is wonderful
I'm genuinely struggling to see the hypocrisy in holding each of those positions in your final paragraph.

People do engage in heterosexual relationships to hide their sexuality, not just famous people but people from every walk of life. Saying homosexuality isn't real is just dumb, not insulting. And attacking Ellen and others like her as self-publicists for coming out is insulting and completely ignores how difficult and scary coming out can be.

There is no inconsistency in holding those opinions so perhaps you can explain the 'hypocrisy'?
marjangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 11:18
Airborae
Forum Member

Congratulations to Ellen for being honest. We need more people like her.
And Kavana. So cute when he was younger and looks in real good shape today.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 12:36
Kat_12
Forum Member

I'm genuinely struggling to see the hypocrisy in holding each of those positions in your final paragraph.

People do engage in heterosexual relationships to hide their sexuality, not just famous people but people from every walk of life. Saying homosexuality isn't real is just dumb, not insulting. And attacking Ellen and others like her as self-publicists for coming out is insulting and completely ignores how difficult and scary coming out can be.

There is no inconsistency in holding those opinions so perhaps you can explain the 'hypocrisy'?
There is hypocrisy, because the way some people (I'm not saying you have because I don't know your posting history) dismiss heterosexual relationships or say they're all just lies are behaving in exactly the same manner as people who insist homosexuality doesn't exist.

Yes, people have in the past engaged in heterosexual relationships to hide their homosexuality, but that doesn't automatically mean that all heterosexual relationships are false, which you would think some people believe the way they go on in this thread.

People who object to this thread have been called homophobic for saying that being called gay is insulting. I don't think that's what they're objecting to. As far as I'm concerned suggesting that someone might be gay is not insulting. Suggesting that they are a liar who has conducted their entire life and one more relationships under false pretences is insulting.

Oh, and one other thing. According to some people on this thread, being seen in the company of a member of the same sex is enough to prove that a person is gay, but having a long standing relationship with a member of the opposite sex does nothing to suggest they might be straight. That is also hypocritical, never mind moronic.

Rant over. Sorry. I don't mind threads about who might be gay etc. but the sheer stupidity that sometimes comes out in them drives me up the wall.
Kat_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 16:06
geos
Forum Member

Wow, this thread used to be entertaining. I see the killjoys have ruined that as well.
geos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 17:04
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Wow, this thread used to be entertaining. I see the killjoys have ruined that as well.
Try and get it back on track then lol.
Old 16-02-2014, 17:49
attackmusic
Forum Member

There is hypocrisy, because the way some people (I'm not saying you have because I don't know your posting history) dismiss heterosexual relationships or say they're all just lies are behaving in exactly the same manner as people who insist homosexuality doesn't exist.

Yes, people have in the past engaged in heterosexual relationships to hide their homosexuality, but that doesn't automatically mean that all heterosexual relationships are false, which you would think some people believe the way they go on in this thread.

People who object to this thread have been called homophobic for saying that being called gay is insulting. I don't think that's what they're objecting to. As far as I'm concerned suggesting that someone might be gay is not insulting. Suggesting that they are a liar who has conducted their entire life and one more relationships under false pretences is insulting.

Oh, and one other thing. According to some people on this thread, being seen in the company of a member of the same sex is enough to prove that a person is gay, but having a long standing relationship with a member of the opposite sex does nothing to suggest they might be straight. That is also hypocritical, never mind moronic.

Rant over. Sorry. I don't mind threads about who might be gay etc. but the sheer stupidity that sometimes comes out in them drives me up the wall.
Perfectly put. They also then get furious when people mention the vast majority of people are heterosexual. But we are just saying that makes their doubting of heterosexual relationships even more illogical.