Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they? (Part 2)

Old 17-02-2014, 23:36
waz101
Forum Member

Exactly. Straight actors play gay all the time, so why can't it work the other way round? Though I have seen some gay people complain about straight actors playing gay. They are ACTORS. So you can believe someone is a murderer but not believe they are gay if they are straight in real life or vice versa Gay people have also got really angry when straight guys said they found kissing a man weird, but it's natural for a straight guy to feel like that. Though Ian Somerhalders comments on the subject were pretty homophobic and then be trotted out the "I have gay friends" excuse

Jake gyllenhaal has only dated women but I am sure I read a quote where he said he wouldn't rule out falling for a man. I am sure people on here who have never met him know better and will say he is a closet homo though
Both Ben Daniels and Russell Tovey invariably play straight guys and both of them are gay
waz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-02-2014, 23:40
attackmusic
Forum Member

Both Ben Daniels and Russell Tovey invariably play straight guys and both of them are gay
Exactly. I never realised Ben Daniels was gay. Won't change the way I see him as an actor and why would it? Him and Russell are both good actors
attackmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 23:55
TTTango
Forum Member

Duncan James seems to have managed it
Dunk came out as fully gay last night at a LGBT event. Could this affect Blue's comeback ? - after all Dunk was the one most of the girlies liked. I recon it will affect them (along with Lee's stint in the CBB House.
TTTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 05:34
Lu88
Forum Member

Exactly. I never realised Ben Daniels was gay. Won't change the way I see him as an actor and why would it? Him and Russell are both good actors
Exactly, good actors and honest. Lying about your sexuality is not necessary when you are a good actor. Unless you like hypocrites and liars, attackmusic.
Lu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 05:47
dee123
Forum Member

Exactly. Straight actors play gay all the time
Unless they are a regular on a TV show. No, no they don't.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 13:11
waz101
Forum Member

Unless they are a regular on a TV show. No, no they don't.
That would be apart from the 50 listed here http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50...who-played-gay then?

A few of them have come out since the list was compiled but the overwhelming majority are straight actors playing gay.
Old 18-02-2014, 13:17
dee123
Forum Member

That would be apart from the 50 listed here http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50...who-played-gay then?

A few of them have come out since the list was compiled but the overwhelming majority are straight actors playing gay.
50? How many movies come out (pun not intended) each year? That's nothing.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 13:41
dodrade
Forum Member

I'm pretty sure Tim Curry is gay, I notice Heath Ledger is on the list but not Jake Gyllenhaal.
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 16:53
waz101
Forum Member

I'm pretty sure Tim Curry is gay, I notice Heath Ledger is on the list but not Jake Gyllenhaal.
I think the Tim Curry assumption is a safe bet. The main one I noticed that is openly gay now was Ezra Miller, others on that list have been speculated about are, Ian Somerhalder, River Phoenix, James Franco, Bradley Cooper and Will Smith
Old 18-02-2014, 17:27
attackmusic
Forum Member

I think the Tim Curry assumption is a safe bet. The main one I noticed that is openly gay now was Ezra Miller, others on that list have been speculated about are, Ian Somerhalder, River Phoenix, James Franco, Bradley Cooper and Will Smith
Ian somerhalder is in an on/off relationship with Nina Dobrev, which they kept secret for a long time, possibly due to her young age. He has also said homophobic remarks, but let me guess, that equals gay too

Bradley cooper was married to a woman and has a girlfriend, Will is married to a woman (though there are rumours they have an open marriage). James Franco jokes about his sexuality, but I am sure he has said he is straight but not bothered by gay rumours, but they are just that, rumours. I can't believe that people on here who dismiss other rumours as there is no proof, suddenly take notice when any random person says celebrity A is gay, especially as the reasons are usually monumentally stupid or delusional

As I said before., those of us in the LGBT community want people to respect that we exist and not try and dictate our sexuality for us, so why refuse to believe any celebrity is straight when there is no reason to doubt it? Hypocrisy at its most irritating, everyone should be respected unless there is a reason to think they are lying. Often it is based on people finding those celebrities attractive and coming up with any reason to say they might be gay. You don't hear people trying to claim Johnny Vegas, as someone in his thread once brilliantly put
Old 18-02-2014, 17:37
Lu88
Forum Member

Ian somerhalder is in an on/off relationship with Nina Dobrev, which they kept secret for a long time, possibly due to her young age. He has also said homophobic remarks, but let me guess, that equals gay too

Bradley cooper was married to a woman and has a girlfriend, Will is married to a woman (though there are rumours they have an open marriage). James Franco jokes about his sexuality, but I am sure he has said he is straight but not bothered by gay rumours, but they are just that, rumours. I can't believe that people on here who dismiss other rumours as there is no proof, suddenly take notice when any random person says celebrity A is gay, especially as the reasons are usually monumentally stupid or delusional

As I said before., those of us in the LGBT community want people to respect that we exist and not try and dictate our sexuality for us, so why refuse to believe any celebrity is straight when there is no reason to doubt it? Hypocrisy at its most irritating, everyone should be respected unless there is a reason to think they are lying. Often it is based on people finding those celebrities attractive and coming up with any reason to say they might be gay. You don't hear people trying to claim Johnny Vegas, as someone in his thread once brilliantly put
I really doubt that you are in the LGBT community and your hypocrisy is really irritating.

Is John Travolta gay or not, attackmusic?
Old 18-02-2014, 17:48
WhyHelloWorld
Inactive Member

Joseph Gordon-Levitt? I always thought he was gay, but I'm not sure!
WhyHelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 17:54
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I won't say the name (and not on DM either) but 100% know someone contracted to stay closeted.

This would be a big two fingers up at those who prescribe to the My Life In Pictures, by The Sun (edited by Max Clifford), view on life.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 16:00
lovelife7292
Forum Member

Joseph Gordon-Levitt? I always thought he was gay, but I'm not sure!
he's cute but I wouldn't think so...

As for Bradley Cooper I think thats highly unlikely seeing as his relationship with (Suki?) is being plastered everywhere and anywhere.

Ps What film did Will Smith act gay in then?
lovelife7292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 18:01
attackmusic
Forum Member

I bet people on the internet who start rumours find it hilarious that people actually buy into it I mean come on, why would you take into account what Joe Bloggs says. Amuses me. So apparently Will Smith is a homophobe, is cheating on his wife, is in an open relationship with his wife and now is gay. Ok then
Old 20-02-2014, 00:22
dodrade
Forum Member

Ps What film did Will Smith act gay in then?
Six Degrees of Separation.
dodrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 05:30
Lu88
Forum Member

I bet people on the internet who start rumours find it hilarious that people actually buy into it I mean come on, why would you take into account what Joe Bloggs says. Amuses me. So apparently Will Smith is a homophobe, is cheating on his wife, is in an open relationship with his wife and now is gay. Ok then
Attackmusic, what a hypocrite, and probably a troll, you are.

What about John travolta?
Old 20-02-2014, 12:32
a01020304
Forum Member

Paul Coia , my ex ended up having a drunken fling with him in the early 90s
a01020304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 16:25
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

Lu88, when you see the names of certain posters on here it is best to just skip past their posts, I'm sure it is just the same offensive shit as usual. Shame they even come on here.
Jenny_Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 16:46
777Eilidh
Forum Member

Paul Coia! That's a surprise
777Eilidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 17:00
attackmusic
Forum Member

Lu88, when you see the names of certain posters on here it is best to just skip past their posts, I'm sure it is just the same offensive shit as usual. Shame they even come on here.
If you or Lu88 can give any legitimate reasons why you think my posts are offensive or wrong, then I am all ears. But clearly neither of you do which is why you resort to calling me homophobic or a troll. Good stuff

Not everyone in the LGBT community is delusional or hypocritical enough to think anyone could be bisexual or gay. Some of us are respectful enough to take people at their words and not imply they are living a lie for no reason. Again, tell me how I am wrong? If you get annoyed when someone says "they are straight, they have a boyfriend/girlfriend" then you have the issue, not me or anyone else in this thread who knows what I mean!
Old 20-02-2014, 17:12
Cloudy2
Forum Member

Was he married to Debbie greenwood?
Cloudy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 20:38
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

Sam Smith
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 06:03
Lu88
Forum Member

If you or Lu88 can give any legitimate reasons why you think my posts are offensive or wrong, then I am all ears. But clearly neither of you do which is why you resort to calling me homophobic or a troll. Good stuff

Not everyone in the LGBT community is delusional or hypocritical enough to think anyone could be bisexual or gay. Some of us are respectful enough to take people at their words and not imply they are living a lie for no reason. Again, tell me how I am wrong? If you get annoyed when someone says "they are straight, they have a boyfriend/girlfriend" then you have the issue, not me or anyone else in this thread who knows what I mean!
I don't find your posts offensive or wrong, just annoying and meant to prevent people from discussing the subject.

I don't think you are homophobic but I also don't think you are part of the LGBT community. You are more likely a troll, or better a "fan troll" of some actor who is in the closet, hence your repetitive and stubborn posts.

I never, ever, take people at their words, especially in this world of PRs and spin doctors. I don't believe, doing the contrary, would be respectful but naive and silly.

Plus, if you respected other people, you would stop your trolling campain. We got your point.

And just to show who the hypocrite is in this thread, you have not yet answered my main question. IYO, is John Travolta gay or not?
Old 21-02-2014, 06:05
Lu88
Forum Member

You're right Jenny, as usual. But I find sometimes difficult not to call out certain hypocritical fans. Sorry, in the future, I'll try not to.