Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Downton Abbey Series 3 (Part 2)

Old 23-10-2012, 20:16
DS Forum Support

Digital Spy Staff

Something along the lines of Matthew accusing him of running Downton into the ground and when Mary said she was sure he hadn't said quite that, Robert replied that it was as good as.

It wasn't very nice of him to try to cause mischief between his daughter and her husband, especially when Mary was already upset about losing her sister.
[LIST]Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1719400[/LIST]
DS Forum Support is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-10-2012, 20:18
Tangledweb7
Forum Member

Whopee! New Thread.
Bring on more Downton talk.
Tangledweb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 20:21
LadyOfShalott
Forum Member

Ooh, a new thread.

I was trying to reply to Bobby'sgirl (I feel I should sing that!).

Aw, Sunday will be a happy day for Bates and Anna fans. I'm looking forward to seeing them reunited. I think many of us feel we've served his time for him.....

TV Times has an interview and a lovely pic of them at the cricket match in ep8. It's very similar to this one:

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/drama/dow...ed-bates/17988
LadyOfShalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 20:28
tracystapes
Inactive Member

Do we know any spoilers for the series finale so far? I wonder what happens
tracystapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 20:31
woot_whoo
Inactive Member

Actually you're right I didn't mean to sound insulting, maybe cast someone else in the role or at the very least written Bates character to be a bit more interesting/ humorous.
In the beginning, I found Bates more interesting than he is now, but I think part of the problem is that he's become as much of a drip as 'Mary Sue' Anna. I'd be happy for little Miss Sunshine and her gloomy 'Mistah Bates' to move on to pastures new. Her prim routine is about as appealing as his 'gone to seed' Mr Rochester.
woot_whoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 20:46
musicaljojo
Forum Member

New thread ooooh how exciting!!

Oooh I hope more comes out soon about the series finale and where is the extended trailer for next week itv?!!
musicaljojo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 20:49
LadyOfShalott
Forum Member

Do we know any spoilers for the series finale so far? I wonder what happens
There's a short preview and cast list here

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/st...-3---episode-8

It's meant to explosive..... maybe it's the toaster!
Old 23-10-2012, 20:49
Scoutlet
Forum Member

My opinion on Bates' appearance has nothing to do with his age. I actually find Dr. Clarkson attractive. I just think he's let himself go to the point that he is not good enough for Anna. Those big, saggy jowls are a turn-off, and the shirtless scene was something I never needed to see.

Looks aren't everything. Unfortunately, I hate his personality too. He's pretty much put her through Hell, when you think about it.

There is already an episode description out for 3.08, but I doubt it tells us any of the good stuff. Or bad stuff.
Scoutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 21:09
musicaljojo
Forum Member

I wonder if by explosive...Richard comes back to see Bates and stir things up between Bates, Matthew and Mary...
musicaljojo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 21:15
LadyOfShalott
Forum Member

I wonder if by explosive...Richard comes back to see Bates and stir things up between Bates, Matthew and Mary...
Spoiler
Old 23-10-2012, 21:18
KornerKabin
Forum Member

Wow ... didn't think it would make it to a Part 2

This is the first time I've ever been part of a Part 2 thread
KornerKabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 22:23
Scoutlet
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 23-10-2012, 22:29
LadyOfShalott
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 23-10-2012, 23:25
Scoutlet
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Old 24-10-2012, 02:14
LGranthamsHeir
Forum Member

Lots of interesting supporting characters. Rosamund is back, as well as Mrs. Bryant (is she going to invite Ethel to move into her house so that she could be closer to Charlie)?? And Molesley's dad from the flower show in S1 going to make an appearance. I wonder for what.

And lots of interesting new characters. We all have heard about Lady Rose and
Spoiler

The Gregson's character seems to be interesting? Will he be similar to Sir Anthony? Or will he turn out to be a new Sir Richard?

There's also Dr.Clarkson, a second doctor, and a police inspector. Will this means someone else will kick the bucket and/or get arrested in this episode? We'll just have to wait and see
LGranthamsHeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 04:48
Scoutlet
Forum Member

Lots of interesting supporting characters. Rosamund is back, as well as Mrs. Bryant (is she going to invite Ethel to move into her house so that she could be closer to Charlie)?? And Molesley's dad from the flower show in S1 going to make an appearance. I wonder for what.

And lots of interesting new characters. We all have heard about Lady Rose and
Spoiler

The Gregson's character seems to be interesting? Will he be similar to Sir Anthony? Or will he turn out to be a new Sir Richard?

There's also Dr.Clarkson, a second doctor, and a police inspector. Will this means someone else will kick the bucket and/or get arrested in this episode? We'll just have to wait and see
Spoiler
Old 24-10-2012, 09:35
seejay63
Forum Member

My opinion on Bates' appearance has nothing to do with his age. I actually find Dr. Clarkson attractive. I just think he's let himself go to the point that he is not good enough for Anna. Those big, saggy jowls are a turn-off, and the shirtless scene was something I never needed to see.
Sadly I think you're right. He was rather yummy in Larkrise to Candleford.

He's 6 months younger than me but looks older. My husband is 51 this year but looks younger than Brendan Coyle now.

Having said that I do still have a bit of a soft spot for Brendan Coyle - I've not gone off him completely
seejay63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 10:30
Dawn Sun

Sadly I think you're right. He was rather yummy in Larkrise to Candleford.

He's 6 months younger than me but looks older. My husband is 51 this year but looks younger than Brendan Coyle now.

Having said that I do still have a bit of a soft spot for Brendan Coyle - I've not gone off him completely
Yes, I couldn't believe how old Brendan Coyle was - he's the samage as me ex husband but I thought he was mid 50s. Mind you, same with Hugh Bonneville, he looks way older than his age!
Dawn Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 10:54
seejay63
Forum Member

Yes, I couldn't believe how old Brendan Coyle was - he's the samage as me ex husband but I thought he was mid 50s. Mind you, same with Hugh Bonneville, he looks way older than his age!
I think there's only about a month between them.
seejay63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 12:34
little-monster
Forum Member

The actress who plays O'Brien has joined the second series of The Syndicate. Curious to know when this is filmed as Downton is filmed through spring and summer and then she films Benidorm through summer/autumn.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 13:07
Dawn Sun

I think there's only about a month between them.
And they could both easily be 55!
Dawn Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 14:05
jamtamara
Forum Member

http://youtu.be/eg-TgLnp4Nc

My daughter sent me the above. [There are a couple of rude bits so it's for adults and be warned if you are easily offended.]

Enjoy!
jamtamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 14:56
LadyOfShalott
Forum Member

Here are 10 lines of dialogue from ep7. A few obvious, some not so....

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/spoilers/te...sode-7-teasers
Old 24-10-2012, 15:28
Belle Fille
Forum Member

http://youtu.be/eg-TgLnp4Nc

My daughter sent me the above. [There are a couple of rude bits so it's for adults and be warned if you are easily offended.]

Enjoy!
That's so funny.Really made me laugh! His impressions of are spot on! Branson was hilarious! 'I'm not respected around this table because my name isn't Crawley!' So true!!!
Belle Fille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 15:40
LadyOfShalott
Forum Member

That's so funny.Really made me laugh! His impressions of are spot on! Branson was hilarious! 'I'm not respected around this table because my name isn't Crawley!' So true!!!
He's marvellous, isn't he? Graham Norton needs to get him on his show. Talented and funny man.