Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Come Dine With Me 2012 (Part 2)

Old 23-10-2012, 20:22
DS Forum Support

Digital Spy Staff

So Terry thought she was 52 and she's only 49? Need even more Botox, dear!
[LIST]Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1634070[/LIST]
DS Forum Support is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-10-2012, 20:48
nuttytigger
Forum Member

Oh shiny new thread!
nuttytigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 21:02
BellaRosa
Forum Member

I think next week is a celeb CDWM as Sally Morgan is on it
BellaRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 21:42
Ocado
Forum Member

There is a special Halloween edition on Wednesday at 8pm on Channel 4.

Robert Englund (aka Freddie Kruger), Sally Morgan, Nicola McLean and Alex Reid.

From Radio Times site:

Four famous faces host a quartet of horror-themed dinner parties while trying to scare each other witless in a bid to win 1,000 for charity. The original Freddy Krueger himself, Hollywood actor Robert Englund, hosts the first party, inviting glamour model and self-confessed scaredy cat Nicola McLean, psychic medium Sally Morgan and cross-dressing cage-fighter Alex Reid over for a spooky dinner, marking the start of a week of shocks and heated discussions - some inspired by Alex's complicated love life.
Ocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 23:18
riverside 57
Forum Member

Looking forward to Wednesday night's! Sounds like it might be a laugh if nothing else!
riverside 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 22:01
BellaRosa
Forum Member

From Radio Times site:

Four famous faces host a quartet of horror-themed dinner parties while trying to scare each other witless in a bid to win 1,000 for charity. The original Freddy Krueger himself, Hollywood actor Robert Englund, hosts the first party, inviting glamour model and self-confessed scaredy cat Nicola McLean, psychic medium Sally Morgan and cross-dressing cage-fighter Alex Reid over for a spooky dinner, marking the start of a week of shocks and heated discussions - some inspired by Alex's complicated love life.
Eh At least Alex will not need a mask
Old 25-10-2012, 11:56
Wulfster
Forum Member

From Radio Times site:

I was absolutely gob-smacked when I saw this in the TV listings! Robert Englund is a legend to UK horror fans, and is still a big draw in the US! He's well known for being a great story-teller and (supposedly) a good cook, although he can be a bit full-on. I can't understand why he's doing this show in UK, or why C4 have seen fit to team him up with these worst-of-British numpties!

If it's a Halloween theme, why didn't they get more suited "celebs". Some that come to mind are Doug Bradley and Emily Booth (Google 'em if you don't know 'em). Even Ross Noble and Michelle Ryan are currently promoting Horror films. Apart from Englund, where's the theme? Mental!
Wulfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 14:17
Dante Ameche
Forum Member

I was absolutely gob-smacked when I saw this in the TV listings! Robert Englund is a legend to UK horror fans, and is still a big draw in the US! He's well known for being a great story-teller and (supposedly) a good cook, although he can be a bit full-on. I can't understand why he's doing this show in UK, or why C4 have seen fit to team him up with these worst-of-British numpties!

If it's a Halloween theme, why didn't they get more suited "celebs". Some that come to mind are Doug Bradley and Emily Booth (Google 'em if you don't know 'em). Even Ross Noble and Michelle Ryan are currently promoting Horror films. Apart from Englund, where's the theme? Mental!
The fact that you think people may not know who they are kinda answers your question.

I don't mind Alex Reid but can't stand that Nicola woman
Dante Ameche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 15:39
Wulfster
Forum Member

The fact that you think people may not know who they are kinda answers your question.

I don't mind Alex Reid but can't stand that Nicola woman
Fair point. But in all honesty, if I said that Doug Bradley played "Pinhead" in the Hellraiser films, there are easily as many people aware of his work as those three, and it would have been a better fit with Robert Englund.

There are plenty of better choices, even if they aren't as well known to the "Heat" crowd.
I still say WTF has Alex and Nicola got to do with Halloween or horror in general?. Nicola is on there because she's a "scaredy-cat" apparently. *Gives self a face-palm* and I still don't understand why Alex is in there.

BTW, I went to Dara O'Briain's tour show recently, and he absolutely slaughtered Sally Morgan! Apparently she was shown as a bit of a fraud in an incident in Ireland recently ...
Wulfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 01:09
Dante Ameche
Forum Member

Fair point. But in all honesty, if I said that Doug Bradley played "Pinhead" in the Hellraiser films, there are easily as many people aware of his work as those three, and it would have been a better fit with Robert Englund.

There are plenty of better choices, even if they aren't as well known to the "Heat" crowd.
I still say WTF has Alex and Nicola got to do with Halloween or horror in general?. Nicola is on there because she's a "scaredy-cat" apparently. *Gives self a face-palm* and I still don't understand why Alex is in there.

BTW, I went to Dara O'Briain's tour show recently, and he absolutely slaughtered Sally Morgan! Apparently she was shown as a bit of a fraud in an incident in Ireland recently ...
I'm not into horror or paranormal stuff so there's a dozen names you could mention and I probably would have to Google most of them. It's a pity Nicola isn't too scared to open her mouth and let her full of her own self importance opinions be heard [or read].
Alex as you say is part of the heat mag readers association society and has to fulfill the 'turn up to the opening of an envelope' duties and as far as I'm concerned, all psychics are frauds.
Dante Ameche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 20:03
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Anyone else watching the Halloween special?
guernseysnail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 20:06
Andagha
Forum Member

I'm watching Although am wondering what on earth Sally Morgan has done to her face, she looks odd
Andagha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 20:08
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I'm watching Although am wondering what on earth Sally Morgan has done to her face, she looks odd
I'm sure I read somewhere she had a gastric band and lost a load of weight...Maybe she's had some 'work' done..
BellaRosa
Forum Member

Will be watching it on plus 1 as I am watching Watchdog
Azura's Star
Forum Member

I am ashamed to say that I am(from behind the sofa).
Strange how Robert Englund is the most personable,least terrifying person in the room.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Belligerence
Forum Member

I am. Eating some sweets.
Belligerence is offline   Reply With Quote
guernseysnail
Forum Member

Will be watching it on plus 1 as I am watching Watchdog
I'm recording Watchdog..
Old 31-10-2012, 20:14
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I keep waiting for the pram to move....
Old 31-10-2012, 20:16
Thrasymachus
Forum Member

My how this show has died. I remember the time when there used to be 2-3 pages discussing each 5:30PM episode.
Thrasymachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 20:17
BellaRosa
Forum Member

I'm recording Watchdog..
Last one tonight
Old 31-10-2012, 20:20
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I am. Eating some sweets.
I'm eating birthday cake..My baby is 21 today!!!
Old 31-10-2012, 20:22
Belligerence
Forum Member

My how this show has died. I remember the time when there used to be 2-3 pages discussing each 5:30PM episode.
It's become oversaturated.
Belligerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 20:23
Andagha
Forum Member

I'm sure I read somewhere she had a gastric band and lost a load of weight...Maybe she's had some 'work' done..
It just goes to show that sometimes it's not a good thing to lose a lot of weight. She looks quite haggard..
Old 31-10-2012, 20:25
Andagha
Forum Member

The only ones I am actually liking are Robert and Nicola

Alex lies - he's all over the news regarding Roxanne..lol
Old 31-10-2012, 20:26
silentNate
Forum Member

The only ones I am actually liking are Robert and Nicola

Alex lies - he's all over the news regarding Roxanne..lol