Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Has anyone ordered from That Game Shop ?

Old 25-10-2012, 22:08
darkjedimaster
Forum Member

Hi all,

As the title states, I was wondering if anyone has ordered from That Game Shop. The reason I am asking, is because I have just ordered a used Skyrim on the PS3 for 14.70 including P&P. Which is a bargain, considering that CEX are charging 22 for it.

If anyone has had any positive or negative dealings from this place, then please reply.

Thanks

darkjedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-10-2012, 14:03
Carl_Moore
Forum Member

I work for them. They're all over Capital FM Nott's at the moment - as they have Altair from Hollywood at their AC3 event. And signed games & meet actors for Halo4 & BlackOps2.... Details are on their Web, Twitter FB & Youtube channels.
Carl_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 13:17
1nstan7
Forum Member

Brought halo reach of them on release, gave me a few months of xbox live for a few months for free. I prefer them then game or game station.
1nstan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 14:01
Vashetti
Forum Member

Brought halo reach of them on release, gave me a few months of xbox live for a few months for free. I prefer them then game or game station.
*Bought.
Vashetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 14:10
gillyallan
Forum Member

They dont seem to have many games actually available. Hadnt heard of them til your post.
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 16:15
chopoff
Forum Member

I work for them. They're all over Capital FM Nott's at the moment - as they have Altair from Hollywood at their AC3 event. And signed games & meet actors for Halo4 & BlackOps2.... Details are on their Web, Twitter FB & Youtube channels.
Both joined 25th October, 4 posts between them and both commenting on a thread for a shop I doubt hardly anyone has heard of.

Interesting.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 18:17
Carl_Moore
Forum Member

Both joined 25th October, 4 posts between them and both commenting on a thread for a shop I doubt hardly anyone has heard of.

Interesting.
Hey all, I see your point, I don't know them - but I would like to thank them for their words. I'm assuming they're local if they've been in purchased and commented, but their profile does not show that, although you can see they have commented on a few different threads.

A lot of people won't of heard of us because we're a new company, but last week CapitalFM, Assassins Creed FB Page & UbisoftUK shouted about us, so for saying we're not even a year old yet I think we're making some waves.

What I can do is ask our customers openly to comment if they wish on this thread via our twitter channel which automatically sends it to FB and they can give their honest feedback. I would be very interested in this myself to see the perception. I'll request this on Twitter momentarily. @Thatgameshop
Old 27-10-2012, 20:44
gother
Forum Member

Looks good prices for pre-owned games but new release prices are a bit steep.
gother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 22:20
Carl_Moore
Forum Member

Thanks for your feedback Gother, I'll look into that for you when I'm in the store next week and see what we can do.....
Old 27-10-2012, 22:21
Carl_Moore
Forum Member

Oh - I can say that we do 5 preorders with the rest taken around a week before release. But I'll still look into the New prices for you as our same trading rules should apply.
Old 28-10-2012, 12:59
chopoff
Forum Member

You should put the price you'll pay on pre-order pages, alongside the 5 deposit. I clicked on an item and had to go back to look at the price of the game.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 12:09
darkjedimaster
Forum Member

Just received the game in the post, I was expecting it on Saturday as it had been dispatched on Friday but put that down to the ever so reliable royal mail . Overall I am very impressed with the service of That Game Shop, my only gripe is that it didn't come with a map, but then that would explain why the game was so cheap & at least the map can easily be got. It might be an idea for That Game shop to include some print in the description of used titles to state that certain items may be missing.
darkjedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 21:54
Carl_Moore
Forum Member

Hi Chopoff, good point thank you, I'll speak to our techies and see if that can be changed.

Darkjedimaster, yeah that should have been with you Saturday, damn you Royal Mail Ggggrrrrrr, I'll look into whether that is something we can do