Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Samsung TV owners

Old 26-10-2012, 11:05
XxBlaKOuTZxX
Forum Member

Which model do you own, How often do you replace your TV and finally, would you purchase another Samsung model or look elsewhere ?.
XxBlaKOuTZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-10-2012, 13:27
dadioflex
Forum Member

I had a Samsung 40" LCD TV for about five or six years and it was fine, but it gave up the ghost because of a common fault with a capacitor that made it click constantly instead of start-up. That aside, I always bought Samsung monitors and TVs. My latest purchase, to replace the Samsung, was an LG because Samsung don't do a 42" LED. Other than that I'd have gone Samsung again.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 14:33
vinba
Forum Member

Have a LE40B650T2W for about 3 years now and really happy with it. Also have a 24" Samsung Monitor and the panel on both are great. Would def buy another Samsung, in fact looking at getting a 32" LED model tomorrow as a second computer screen
vinba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 14:50
cursor
Forum Member

I've got a LE37A456C2D and it's terrible. The contrast ratio is so low I have to max out the settings to see anything dark which makes anything light really washed out. There are far too many picture settings for my liking and the presets are pretty hopeless too. I'm thinking of selling it and putting the money towards something decent. I probably won't be buying another Samsung.
cursor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 16:11
aerofly2
Forum Member

I have had a Samsung 40" ES8000 since May and the picture is the best I've ever seen on an LED/LCD. It took a while to get all the settings to my liking, but I reckon it's now spot-on. Sure it's expensive for a 40" tele, but you do get what you pay for
aerofly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 19:51
pmbond
Forum Member

Had a 32" Samsung for 3.5 years. Been out today and bought a 50" LG plasma for 499. Has a freeview HD tuner , there was also a panasonic with that tuner and price but the found new channel issue (when there isn't and I have a HDD/DVD freeview box that does it) puts me off what is supposedly a better make.
pmbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 23:09
call100
Forum Member

I have a 7 year old Samsung 32" LED still going strong and two year old Samsung 37" LED currently providing sharp clear pictures with no problems encountered, from purchase......Looking around for another one at the moment.....Probably be another Samsung....
call100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 06:27
VMRocks
Forum Member

Just got an excellent deal from argos and coinciding with DSO in NI...Samsung 43" Plasma...Fantastic sd and obviously great hd picture....Quoted "Switchover" at the till and got 10% off price and delvery....
VMRocks is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 10:48
the chimp
Forum Member

I had a Samsung 40" LCD TV for about five or six years and it was fine, but it gave up the ghost because of a common fault with a capacitor that made it click constantly instead of start-up.
What did you do with it ?

I fixed mine myself, it took me about 40 minutes and only cost me 2.46 for new capacitors, that was 3 years ago and its still going strong now.
the chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 10:53
the chimp
Forum Member

As for the original question, I had a Samsung and it was good apart from the capacitor repair having to be done which as pointed out was a common problem, I have no brand loyalty though so will just buy whatever I thing is right at the time, at the moment I have a 50" lg, 32" Samsung in the bedroom (gave the 40" that i repaired to my grandparents) and am looking for a 55" 3d led.
the chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 13:30
vinba
Forum Member

Just bought this yesterday -->

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/p.../LT27A750EX/EN

Stunning!!!
vinba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 19:22
Steve94a
Forum Member

Hi Guys
My wife's TV died and she almost shed a tear.
Let me explain/ My wife and I are both disabled and can't move around much so, to make live easier we tossed a coin to see who got the living room and who got the dining room. She got the dining room so we kitted her out with a proper desk, a 20" tv, a Sky box, An All-in-One Computer, a very comfy leather office chair plus a few odds and sods like a web cam, speakers, etc. Meanwhile, I'm in the living room with a 70" TV that is also a PC monitor, Sky+, a comfy chair, a Windows 7 Pro PC, wireless keyboard & mouse, etc.
So, where were we? Her TV died and it was up to me to get in her good books by going down to Currys and getting her a new one, toot sweet.
So I did that and came home with a Samsung Series 3 TC300
So I plugged the power lead into the TV and then into the wall socket and then plugged in the scart lead to connect the Sky box..Now, if all goes according to plan, I should be able to do an automatic search to find all the Sky channels so that they will play on her new TV.
After about 15 minutes of searching, a bo appeared on-screen showing the following text. Weak or no signal. Please make sure the leads are plugged in (or words to that effect)
So, if some kind soul reading this can understand what I mean and can offer any help or advice, I'd be very grateful to hear it.
Cheers in advance,
Steve.
Steve94a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 19:56
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

So I plugged the power lead into the TV and then into the wall socket and then plugged in the scart lead to connect the Sky box..Now, if all goes according to plan, I should be able to do an automatic search to find all the Sky channels so that they will play on her new TV.
After about 15 minutes of searching, a bo appeared on-screen showing the following text. Weak or no signal. Please make sure the leads are plugged in (or words to that effect)
No searching required, you connect the Sky box via the SCART lead and it all works.

The 'searching' is the TV looking for terrestrial signals, which it won't find if you don't have an aerial plugged in.
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 23:03
Steve94a
Forum Member

Thanks for that, Nigel.
It sounds as though we are trying to over-complicate matter.
The fact remains that when we use the remote to start the TV, it doesn't fire up immediately into a Sky programme. Does the remote need to be set on a particular channel or something?
Cheers,
Steve.
Old 28-04-2014, 23:45
chrisjr
Forum Member

Thanks for that, Nigel.
It sounds as though we are trying to over-complicate matter.
The fact remains that when we use the remote to start the TV, it doesn't fire up immediately into a Sky programme. Does the remote need to be set on a particular channel or something?
Cheers,
Steve.
Have the Sky box in standby when you turn on the telly. then turn on the Sky box and the telly should switch automatically to Sky.

Alternatively on the remote there should be an input select button, it may be labelled INPUT, SOURCE, AV or just have a symbol that looks like a small TV screen with an arrow across one edge. Press that and select the SCART input to display the Sky output on the screen. If you are lucky it will remember that setting when you turn it off and back on again.

But turning the sky box on after the TV should auto switch to Sky anyway if it doesn't.
chrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 23:45
Grouty
Forum Member

Got a White ES6710, 40 inch, not had it 2 years yet, lovely looking Tv, cracking picture, after i set it up properly of course, would buy another Sammy yeah, even though the screen went after only a few months on this one, got the dreaded red pixelated line down the side of the screen, but had the screen replaced without a prob, and been good as new ever since.

Not often i replace my Tv's, seem to keep them for a good few years, wouldn't just stick to the Sammys though, just whatever would take my fancy at the time.
Grouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 17:03
Steve94a
Forum Member

Problem now solved, Guys.
Thank you very much for all of your help.
Steve