Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

S3 Jellybean arrives on t-mobile/EE

Old 29-10-2012, 10:00
the chimp
Forum Member

Just downloaded it now on my S3, no time for a review though, got to get off working, just a heads up basically.
the chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-10-2012, 10:28
Ænima
Forum Member

The new voice command is cack. I used to be able to say 'play' followed by artist, album or song and it would start playing. Now it only recognises my voice commands about 10% of the time. Old voice command was better, not happy!
Ænima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 11:05
lala
Forum Member

The new voice command is cack. I used to be able to say 'play' followed by artist, album or song and it would start playing. Now it only recognises my voice commands about 10% of the time. Old voice command was better, not happy!
Are you talking about s-voice? Because I always thought that was crap.
lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 11:16
Ænima
Forum Member

I don't know what it was called but whatever was on ics. It was a male voice, now it is a female one and she's clearly blonde.

The old guy understood all my artists, songs, albums etc... even the ones with really strange names. I could be driving along using car kit and change songs easily

Now, this wappy cow gets all the commands wrong and keeps saying song 'isn't in my library' or something along those lines.

Also, where is the record text with voice command function? It is supposed to be on the keyboard but I can't see it anywhere?
Ænima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 14:42
technoflare
Forum Member

My new phone got an update option of kies, but after that its still 4.0.4! Anything special I need to do it get it?
technoflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 23:40
Mark Smith
Forum Member

I'm on EE (Orange) but still unable to update my phone to JB. I've been trying it since the first few days it was available and always get the message "Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. Try later". It's been doing this for over a week. It's an unlocked phone with Orange SIM card.

I haven't resorted to using Kies yet. This software doesn't seem to run too well on a Mac.
Mark Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:28
bidleybip
Forum Member

I'm on T-Mobile and there's been nothing on my phone saying that can update to Jelly Bean, help please ????
bidleybip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37
Thine Wonk
Forum Member

s-voice, I call it s**t voice as I'm convinced that's what the s stands for.

I've disabled the double press of the home button as I would occasionally press it twice when trying to go back to the homescreen also it waits to see if you are going to press it twice and therefore slows down the return to the homescreen.
Thine Wonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 14:51
Ollie_h19
Forum Member

I can't seem to update to Jellybean 4.1.

Me and my girlfriend both have a Galaxy S3, on hers there's an option in 'Settings -> About Device' at the top, where it says 'Update'. It's not there on mine. If I plug it into Kies it says it's the latest firmware, even though it's only on 4.0. Help!
Ollie_h19 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 18:01
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I got my S3 yesterday

I'm on Tesco though so I don't know when we'll get the official one, but i'm just currently downloading the "official" unofficial leaked JB rom (4.1.1) dated the 19th of October.

Tried a few custom roms yesterday but then someone made a good point that it seems a bit daft to strip out a lot of what makes the S3 special - someone even said it's like putting a corsa engine in a ferrari
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07
simonk243
Forum Member

I got the update about 8am this morning I'm on Orange.
simonk243 is offline   Reply With Quote