Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

What will happen to the Orange and T-Mobile brands

Old 31-10-2012, 01:10
bidleybip
Forum Member

With EE launched will Orange and T-Mobile be phased out or will they still exist ?
bidleybip is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 31-10-2012, 01:39
Mystic Eddy
Forum Member

They'll exist for a bit so EE can become established, but I can't see both of them being offered in EE shops in a year or two.
Mystic Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 07:08
Steven L Hunter
Forum Member

They will need to offer 2G and 3G tariffs on EE for them to be able to get rid of the other brands
Steven L Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 10:13
MGS4SnakeRulez
Forum Member

I reckon over time they will just rebrand both as EE with the tariffs and stuff remaining the same.
MGS4SnakeRulez is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 12:02
Lummo
Forum Member

Shame... I much prefer the Orange brand over 'EE'. It's well recognised and popular, and people aren't ever going to get used to 'EE Wednesdays' pfft. I will be sad to see Orange go, I already miss it being at the top of my iPhone screen!
Lummo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 12:26
Steven L Hunter
Forum Member

Shame... I much prefer the Orange brand over 'EE'. It's well recognised and popular, and people aren't ever going to get used to 'EE Wednesdays' pfft. I will be sad to see Orange go, I already miss it being at the top of my iPhone screen!
Is it not call something like 2 for 1 film rather than EE Wednesdays? I do agree though that its silly it no longer says Orange or T-Mobile for they customers
Old 31-10-2012, 12:48
nafanny29
Forum Member

Now my T-Mobile phone says "EE network" and my sisters Orange phone says "EE network", will calls to her come out of my unlimited same network minutes or my 300 cross network minutes allowance?
nafanny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 13:12
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

Nothing has changed on your tariff. so the same as before. At the moment she's still Orange and you're still TMUK.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00
japitts
Forum Member

Nothing has changed on your tariff. so the same as before. At the moment she's still Orange and you're still TMUK.
Of course... naturally, offering calls between all the EE brands as "on-net" would be far too customer-friendly! Being able to charge off-net prices means a few extra in the coffer when those calls are PAYG or out-of-bundle. That, or it encourages people to increase tariff to unlimited ones.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:07
Thine Wonk
Forum Member

I think EE have big plans for fibre, LTE and other services. I think they'll be a slow move over to EE and eventually the Orange and T-mobile brands may go.

Promoting mobile services under 3 separate brand names for a single company is not really sustainable in the long term, especially given that there is no major difference between Orange and T-mobile at all.
Thine Wonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:17
Steven L Hunter
Forum Member

They also need to sort out their websites too I've noticed T-Mobiles to be very buggy but not as bad as EE's which is virtually unusable you select 12 month plans and it only comes up the phone plans not sim only and there is no option for sim only plus things open and close making it very non user friendly!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:32
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

They also need to sort out their websites too I've noticed T-Mobiles to be very buggy but not as bad as EE's which is virtually unusable you select 12 month plans and it only comes up the phone plans not sim only and there is no option for sim only plus things open and close making it very non user friendly!
Probably because the Sim only deals are not available until the 9th.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 13:43
Helix
Forum Member

EE have tried to take every modern trend in gimmicky websites and combine them together. They should have gone for something simpler.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 14:02
noise747
Forum Member

that will mean a few shops closing then, we got a T-mobile and a Orange store here, plus another Orange that is not owned by Orange.

The Orange store that is owned be Orange now got EE on the front of the store.

Orange was slightly better than T-mobile, but only slightly, signal for both of them is a bit hit and miss around here. Best is Vodafone and O2.

If EE is going to offer 4g around here, maybe they better sort out their normal service first
noise747 is offline   Reply With Quote