Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Are there ANY decent small TVs?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:06
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

Does such a thing exist? Something in the upper 20 inch range.
BeethovensPiano is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35
Caxton
Forum Member

Try these

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-66-26-lcd/kdl-26ex553

or slightly smaller

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...686/index.html
Caxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:38
mac2708
Forum Member

Depends what your definition of "decent" is, what you want/hope the TV will do and how much you want to pay.
mac2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:08
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

Depends what your definition of "decent" is, what you want/hope the TV will do and how much you want to pay.
Well...good picture quality above all else.
BeethovensPiano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 17:07
Helmut10
Forum Member

I have a Sony KDL-22EX553 bought 2 weeks ago. The 22" version of the 26" one listed above.

OK it's pricey at about 280, but it is internet enabled with built in b/g/n Wireless Card and Network Card.
It does iPlayer HD with a Wireless G Router/Modem no problem. Also it can be used as a reserve PC monitor, it does that well.

Of course you don't have to use those facilities. Sony don't make small ones without the 'smart' things.

The TN LCD Panel is a sort of matt with very little reflection, excellent. However the surround is a dimpled piano black and is convex so catches the light a bit, can be annoying depending on your room lighting.

As always in these thin boxes the sound is equally thin, not too good, but there is a lot of options to twiddle and get it a bit better.

The default settings for the picture has too much fancy (unnecessary) processing, again twiddle that to very low, or off, and the picture quality is very good.

The Remotes key spacing on the central two concentric rings around the OK key is too close. Fat fingers easily pressing wrong keys.

Other than those minor points it is very good overall.
Helmut10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 17:13
jjne
Forum Member

On smaller sets I have found that the "poor picture quality" is easily fixed with a 20 HD Freeview receiver.

The panels at this end of the market are most often just computer monitor panels anyway -- so by connecting via HDMI at 1080p you're pretty much connected native to the screen.

Indeed I know a couple of people who have connected cheap Freeview receivers (the ADB i-CAN is a good cheap box) directly to computer monitors (which generally have HDMI inputs now, and often small speakers, and cost very little for higher quality than you generally find in TVs of the same price) with great results.
jjne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 21:59
vinba
Forum Member

I bought this

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...0/sams-t27a750

last weekend. Great picture, excellent computer connectivity and 3d to boot.

Looks pretty good too!!
vinba is offline   Reply With Quote