Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

High capacity 'Gold' battery?

Old 01-11-2012, 15:04
Rush
Forum Member

The battery on my Desire S is getting a bit tired after 2 years. I seen these high capacity batterys on EBay.. sounds dodgy, anyone tried these?
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-11-2012, 16:16
gardensleeper
Forum Member

I've had a couple of "high capacity" and "extended" batteries off eBay. One even came with a new back cover for the phone, which made it really bulky.

I'm sorry to report I was disappointed each time. They just didn't live up to their claimed capacity. You're buying on faith! They seemend cheap at the time, it turned out for a reason.

I may have been unlucky, but next time I need a new phone battery I'm going to fork out for the big brand / original manufacturer.
gardensleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 16:54
TheBigM
Forum Member

They're a con. I bought one couple of years ago for my HTC HD7 at the time, claimed to have 2200mAh or something similar. Ultimately ended up being the same capacity as a bog standard battery for that phone (around 1230mAh). they refunded the money without any fuss as they knew it's a scam themselves.
TheBigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 17:44
NaturalDancer
Forum Member

I know it's different type of device but it sounds like something similar to gold Scart cables that were purported to be better/faster than the usual ones but I'd read that they didn't make a difference.
NaturalDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:56
platelet
Forum Member

I've replaced a lot of phone batteries after a couple of years, but always gone for the manufacturers one from amazon - they're usually cheap enough and will get you back to the performance you had when you first got the phone
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32
jabbamk1
Forum Member

U agree with Platelet, go through amazon, better return policy and you're less likely to get a dud like on ebay.

I really recommend Anker, i used them with my Sensation and got around 20/30% better battery life than the stock battery. Have a read through the reviews here. Even if its the same as the old battery when you first got it it's only 12 for 2, or 7 for 1.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&s=computers
jabbamk1 is offline   Reply With Quote