Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

360 Minecraft Demo Disc?

Old 03-11-2012, 13:23
djpakre
Forum Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows why the Xbox Magazine Minecraft demo disc is selling so high?

One just went for 19, one ending in 5hours at 8.50 and one BIN for 22.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minecraft-...item3f1e809888

It's just a demo disc surely?
djpakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-11-2012, 13:28
WoodsMonk
Forum Member

Gamerpics? Or people have mis-read and think they're getting 18 full games to play!

So a few go for more than that though, saw one go for 30 a few weeks ago
WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:30
AcidVenus
Forum Member

Isn't this just a disk that comes with a magazine costing around a fiver? Can't you just buy the mag in shops or order on their website if it's an older one?
AcidVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 16:36
Schmiznurf
Forum Member

Isn't this just a disk that comes with a magazine costing around a fiver? Can't you just buy the mag in shops or order on their website if it's an older one?
Yeah, seriously! Why would anyone pay 20 for something that costs 5 and comes with a magazine?
Schmiznurf is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 16:05
Craig_Evans
Forum Member

I've been wondering about this since seeing the disc on eBay a few days ago. Anyone with a solid answer would be a great help as I have one of these discs myself (largely useless because I have the full game anyway).

If I was to hazard a guess though, I would say that it could be something to do with the update in November. New features were added in the update and the tutorial level was completely changed. Obviously the demo disc has the pre-updated version of Minecraft, so it could be sought after by hardcore fans who want access to the old tutorial and features.
Since the eBay prices for the demo disc are way above the cost of downloading the full game, it must be something to do with the older version of the game, but even I'm not too sure why people would pay so much for a demo disc. The focus is definately on the Minecraft demo though. I can't see people paying 20 for gamerpics, plus all the listings emphasise that it's the Minecraft demo.

Who knows. I won't be selling mine until someone can explain it, and even then, if it's selling for 20, you never know what it could go up to.
Craig_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 08:28
Andi Gasking
Forum Member

Craig, half right..

This version still allows the duplicator glitch, among other things
Andi Gasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 11:05
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

But the game has only been updated via Title Updates, if you download Minecraft from XBLA now and refuse to update you will still get the original version. It it's a specific title update that people are after on this disk then you can download them off the net anyway and install them with relative ease. So I don't really understand how it could be that, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote