Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

No wonder HMV are loosing customers.....

Old 03-11-2012, 20:48
HandsClean
Forum Member

Pre-ordered a CD a few weeks ago which came out this week, got a message just now saying sorry this item is not in stock.

Seriously, the instore prices are bad enough but I expected to recieve an item i ordered in ADVANCE . If I'm honest I wouldn't have minded but the CD should have been dispatched a week ago and if I would have been informed then I would have been like fair enough and looked elsewhere but I've been eagerly waiting for it and pissed that I now have to get another one.
HandsClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-11-2012, 21:41
Cantona07
Inactive Member

Its an outdated method of buying music for the majority now sadly. I was always of the mind that i preferred books,cds and dvds to electronic versions but I'm now the complete opposite.
Cantona07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 21:52
CABLEDUDE
Forum Member

I ordered Yellow Submarine on blu-ray a few months ago and it arrived before the release date
CABLEDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:18
Letsjustgo27
Forum Member

I will cross my fingers I don't wait too long for my preorder. Lol
Letsjustgo27 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:03
GagaKeshaMinaj
Forum Member

Pre-ordered a CD a few weeks ago which came out this week, got a message just now saying sorry this item is not in stock.

Seriously, the instore prices are bad enough but I expected to recieve an item i ordered in ADVANCE . If I'm honest I wouldn't have minded but the CD should have been dispatched a week ago and if I would have been informed then I would have been like fair enough and looked elsewhere but I've been eagerly waiting for it and pissed that I now have to get another one.
Just out of interest and nosiness, what CD was it? xD
GagaKeshaMinaj is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24
HandsClean
Forum Member

Just out of interest and nosiness, what CD was it? xD
Loreen
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24
Littlegreen42
Forum Member

If it's the Kylie Abbey Road album, apparently the hard-back version was low in stock to start with...
Littlegreen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:28
HandsClean
Forum Member

If it's the Kylie Abbey Road album, apparently the hard-back version was low in stock to start with...
Got that from Sainsburys like I do all my CD'S.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32
lil lexie
Forum Member

I went into HMV yesterday to do a bit of catching up cd wise. No Magic Hour by Scissor Sisters and no MDNA by Madonna.
No where else had them either, so it looks like it'll have to be Amazon again.
lil lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:23
TheBigBoy
Forum Member

You should buy the Deluxe Version of MDNA
TheBigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:05
StandByMe89
Forum Member

Also don't their points system run out? I got an email saying my points would expire soon. My local hmv shut down last year so I don't go to HMV at all... also their prices were incredibly high, so it's not surprising they ran out of business. It's sad to see record stores go though.
StandByMe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:34
Shadow2009
Forum Member

Asda is just as bad. It was 9.97 for the Leona Lewis and JLS albums.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:24
AcidVenus
Forum Member

Also don't their points system run out? I got an email saying my points would expire soon. My local hmv shut down last year so I don't go to HMV at all... also their prices were incredibly high, so it's not surprising they ran out of business. It's sad to see record stores go though.
Yeah when points get 2 years old they expire. When I heard this I stopped shopping there. I was wanting to save up for an exclusive signed guitar but theres no way I'd get the points needed in 24 months.
AcidVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:39
shaunnashines
Forum Member

Oh no I recently pre-ordered from them....
shaunnashines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03
I IZ Ghetto
Forum Member

For new releases is a bit over the top.
I IZ Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:24
HandsClean
Forum Member

For new releases is a bit over the top.
Sainsburys is your best bet. All CD's are 6.99 if you pre-order them. Of course Deluxe editions are more expensive but the price differs with them.

Oh no I recently pre-ordered from them....
Hope it works out, I still haven't been sent my copy that I preordered and it's been nearly two weeks. It hasn't even been dispatched. Can I just go into the store and check if they have it and pay the price I pre-ordered it for.
Old 08-11-2012, 18:13
chrisii2011
Forum Member

I rarely order from hmv as preorders never turned up in time and theyre too expensive
chrisii2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 18:53
Starry Eyed
Inactive Member

That's genuinely shocking. Am very surprised and disgusted at Asda.
Starry Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03
HandsClean
Forum Member

I rarely order from hmv as preorders never turned up in time and theyre too expensive
Believe it or not though it was actually the cheapest option, Sainsburys weren't selling t and Amazon & Play.com had it 9.97
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52
tomi-08
Forum Member

HMV are bugging me at the minute. High prices and all the jewel cases with the CDs I've bought recently have been ruined by the security sticker tags they have - nightmare to get it off without scratching or ruining the case. Tried pretty much all the usual tricks - using the sticker to peel the residue off, baby wipes.. neither really worked and now my CD cases are scratched, sticky (which causes them to stick to other CDs on the shelf) and so on. Never used to have that problem with them until the last few months but that's my OCD side coming out. Might start ordering elsewhere now though with the likes of Amazon, Play.
tomi-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:56
chrisii2011
Forum Member

Believe it or not though it was actually the cheapest option, Sainsburys weren't selling t and Amazon & Play.com had it 9.97
Blimey!! still id rather go with amazon at least you get the things on time
chrisii2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 13:00
HandsClean
Forum Member

Blimey!! still id rather go with amazon at least you get the things on time
Yeah but at 9.97 i may aswell had buy it in the shop for 10.00
Old 09-11-2012, 13:30
matty_anderson
Forum Member

I don't know how HMV are still open, I've never seen an entertainment store with prices as high as they have, I used to pre-order everything from HMV and it was always delivered early too but now they don't deliver in time for the release date, let alone early. I've since changed to a different store to buy my Music and Movies from
matty_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 13:35
mevilhoney
Forum Member

I don't know how HMV are still open, I've never seen an entertainment store with prices as high as they have, I used to pre-order everything from HMV and it was always delivered early too but now they don't deliver in time for the release date, let alone early. I've since changed to a different store to buy my Music and Movies from
They have good sale offers in the one I used to go to (it`s closed recently ,strangely there`s another HMV about 5 minutes away that opens a lot later and seems `swankier`-- that`s still open).
mevilhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 13:37
mevilhoney
Forum Member

HMV are bugging me at the minute. High prices and all the jewel cases with the CDs I've bought recently have been ruined by the security sticker tags they have - nightmare to get it off without scratching or ruining the case. Tried pretty much all the usual tricks - using the sticker to peel the residue off, baby wipes.. neither really worked and now my CD cases are scratched, sticky (which causes them to stick to other CDs on the shelf) and so on. Never used to have that problem with them until the last few months but that's my OCD side coming out. Might start ordering elsewhere now though with the likes of Amazon, Play.

I`ve had that problem,they stick to other CDS if you pile them on top of each other,I`ve actually broken cases.
mevilhoney is offline   Reply With Quote