Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is Gemma Oaten a good actress

Old 03-11-2012, 22:29
LilyC

Does anyone rate her as an actress.
LilyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-11-2012, 22:36
Melephunk2010
Forum Member

Given the right storyline I think she'd be fantastic but this whole jai affair thing has been poorly written and is unbelievebly random,.
Melephunk2010 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 22:44
TokenCat
Forum Member

Given the right storyline I think she'd be fantastic but this whole jai affair thing has been poorly written and is unbelievebly random,.
Agree, I think the storyline is weird, if they were having a simple straight forward affair she wouldnt have to act do moany and miserable, not that I'm suggesting that would be a better storyline just that the one she has now is dictating the way her character is behaving.
TokenCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 23:07
owlycherries
Forum Member

She's just average. Not dreadful but not amazing either.
owlycherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 23:24
Pilot101
Forum Member

Agree, I think the storyline is weird, if they were having a simple straight forward affair she wouldnt have to act do moany and miserable, not that I'm suggesting that would be a better storyline just that the one she has now is dictating the way her character is behaving
But I don't see what she does have to be miserable about? It isn't the ideal circumstances for a kid but she decided to keep the baby, she was aware of what the situation was from day one. Jai hasn't treated her badly in the slightest.

I've got nothing much to say about the acting. It's serviceable for an abysmal storyline.
Pilot101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48
TheGreenMan
Forum Member

Given the right storyline...
A bit like her sister. I quite like Ali but she never seems to do much and needs a stronger presence.
TheGreenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:52
CRP2012
Inactive Member

A bit like her sister. I quite like Ali but she never seems to do much and needs a stronger presence.
Ali Was Better in shamless

Gemma Oaten reminds me of letitia dean,Pritty Crap doing the day to day stuff & poor SLs,but if given the right stuff can be great
CRP2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53
valtimmy
Forum Member

I agree about the storyline.
In reality she would be taking precautions like the pill. Why do none of them believe in birth control in ED?
valtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:01
Uncle Quentin
Forum Member

She's just average. Not dreadful but not amazing either.
This ^^^^^

She's ok, but if she left tomorrow I would have forgotten all about her by this time next week.
Uncle Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:21
Lewis26
Inactive Member

i really dont know where this is coming from, just because she might not like her character doesnt mean she cant act she is great!
Lewis26 is offline   Reply With Quote