Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Calling Tulisa a chav...

Old 04-11-2012, 21:11
superstar111
Forum Member

Is it meant to be an insult? I just say this because as a supposed chav she is doing incredibly well for herself, not short of some cash, and she is part of a successfull (albeit marmite) group, with two platinum albums and a gold selling album too.

I think, coming frmo the background that she has, if anything Tulisa should be applauded and not ridiculed, since she's in a pretty comfortable position.
superstar111 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-11-2012, 21:12
jock_f
Forum Member

Is it meant to be an insult? I just say this because as a supposed chav she is doing incredibly well for herself, not short of some cash, and she is part of a successfull (albeit marmite) group, with two platinum albums and a gold selling album too.

I think, coming frmo the background that she has, if anything Tulisa should be applauded and not ridiculed, since she's in a pretty comfortable position.
They're just a load of jealous wannabees
jock_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:13
CBFreak
Forum Member

I find this Anti Tulisa threads to be very uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with questioning her decision but referencing her in such derogatory manners is just plain nasty.
CBFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:15
abigail05
Forum Member

She is hardly a class act. Used to quite like her, but I now find her disappointing. I thought she was there to represent the MUSIC industry, not some chavvy reality tv show. Same goes for Nicole.
abigail05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:18
Fizzyfish67
Forum Member

Didn't like her last year for her comments about misha with Louie and have not seen anything to change my mind.
Fizzyfish67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:18
superstar111
Forum Member

She is hardly a class act. Used to quite like her, but I now find her disappointing. I thought she was there to represent the MUSIC industry, not some chavvy reality tv show. Same goes for Nicole.
Why would you think that? X Factor has been a senationalist reality show for years, so you've been watching a 'chavvy reality tv show' whilst complaining about it.
Old 04-11-2012, 21:20
Scrubber
Forum Member

She IS a chav just dressed up nice. She is so out of place on the show, no class, no charisma, no talent, no likeability, no presence, no tic-tacs.
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
BadLadAsh
Forum Member

I don't know why anyone uses it to insult someone its not even offensive.
BadLadAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Skip65
Forum Member

You forgot about that home movie she did. It's number one on the Internet .
Skip65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:21
EchoFalls
Forum Member

She is beautiful until she opens her gob.
EchoFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:22
superstar111
Forum Member

No I haven't? I'm not entirely sure how it's relevant.
Old 04-11-2012, 21:22
EchoFalls
Forum Member

Link?
Old 04-11-2012, 21:24
EchoFalls
Forum Member

Girl gangs, having sex at 14, making filthy videos, taking drugs, she is chavtastic.
Old 04-11-2012, 21:24
jackbell
Forum Member

It's ironic that people call her (and Cheryl Cole) 'chavs' yet they have millions from a successful creative career. I often wonder about the lifestyles of those people who call others 'chavs'.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:25
bluefb
Forum Member

I think what's irritating is how she goes on about being from the 'streets' and uses inane 'youff' platitudes ('mix it up', 'strip it back' 'lay it down' etc.) like they mean something. It's like the modern equivalent of being a working class hero.
bluefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:26
superstar111
Forum Member

Girl gangs, having sex at 14, making filthy videos, taking drugs, she is chavtastic.
Yet whilst she is strutting around in Chanel clothing and drinking expensive champagne, you and I are spending our Sunday nights talking about her..
kendoguk
Forum Member

I would several times over and her voice is nice
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote
mrellis33
Inactive Member

She's all those things.... And a chav.
mrellis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
abigail05
Forum Member

Why would you think that? X Factor has been a senationalist reality show for years, so you've been watching a 'chavvy reality tv show' whilst complaining about it.
What can I say. I guess I am eternally optimistic that good taste and natural talent will win the day! I had hoped that Tulisa might feel the same.
abigail05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:27
EchoFalls
Forum Member

Yet whilst she is strutting around in Chanel clothing and drinking expensive champagne, you and I are spending our Sunday nights talking about her..
Yep, talking about her being a chav. Albeit a very rich chav. A bit like that lottery winner who ended up blowing the lot.
Old 04-11-2012, 21:27
Ivor Fanny
Forum Member

pmsl
Ivor Fanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:29
willywonker
Forum Member

Drug dealers walk around wearing chanel clothing, drinking expensive champagne but that still doesn't make them nice people does it.
willywonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:31
LW09

Her daddy is a millionaire and had contacts to get N Dubz launched. She is just lucky to have been in the right place at the right time, and a typical case of who you know.
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:31
Darcyprincess
Forum Member

Didn't like her last year for her comments about misha with Louie and have not seen anything to change my mind.
Totally agree, she has got too big for her boots for my liking! She is so grumpy and so rude to Gary. She is a totally useless judge as well.

I hope that they get rid of her next year and Nicole and Louis as well!
Darcyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 21:32
Hypnoali
Forum Member

I find this Anti Tulisa threads to be very uncomfortable. Nothing wrong with questioning her decision but referencing her in such derogatory manners is just plain nasty.
Nasty, and ironically quite a chavvy way to behave.
Hypnoali is offline   Reply With Quote