Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Three!!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 23:04
yeahuloveme
Forum Member

Having called to pay my phone bill tonight, I was informed that my bank decline the payment due to the address being wrong, called my bank and was told no it went through and given my transaction ID.
WELL this happened last month also!
BUT it gets worse, for what ever reason I decided to check that my contract had been changed to a rolling contract, to which I was informed that NO you have been signed into a new 24 month contract for 36 a month, this works out at nearly 850 for the contract but no new phone, got so irate on the phone I started shouting and swearing and hung up.
Went away to cool down and called back and asked them to explain what the hell was going on. ....... You have a 24 month contract on your new iphone 5.
MMMM no I do not I ordered an upgrade to an iphone 5, it was on back order, and I cancled it before it came in stock (within my 7 day cooling off period). oh we will have to make sure that the iphone has been recieved back to us as it is not showing that it has been. I NEVER recieved the bloody phone!
To top this off it has taken three 5 months to accept that I was not responsible for an IPAD contract that was taken out in my name which the police confirmed and I am currently awaiting a date to give evidence in court.
Three have previously also not cancled my broadband when promissing that they had, and I only found out when debt collectors contacted me. That took a year to sort out!!
What the hell do I do?!?
yeahuloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:07
legends wear 7

Never go near the tinpot network again.

This all sounds very similar to a previous experience I had with 3
legends wear 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17
Daveoc64
Forum Member

I can't believe people don't pay by Direct Debit.
Daveoc64 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:13
slick1two
Forum Member

Having called to pay my phone bill tonight, I was informed that my bank decline the payment due to the address being wrong, called my bank and was told no it went through and given my transaction ID.
WELL this happened last month also!
BUT it gets worse, for what ever reason I decided to check that my contract had been changed to a rolling contract, to which I was informed that NO you have been signed into a new 24 month contract for 36 a month, this works out at nearly 850 for the contract but no new phone, got so irate on the phone I started shouting and swearing and hung up.
Went away to cool down and called back and asked them to explain what the hell was going on. ....... You have a 24 month contract on your new iphone 5.
MMMM no I do not I ordered an upgrade to an iphone 5, it was on back order, and I cancled it before it came in stock (within my 7 day cooling off period). oh we will have to make sure that the iphone has been recieved back to us as it is not showing that it has been. I NEVER recieved the bloody phone!
To top this off it has taken three 5 months to accept that I was not responsible for an IPAD contract that was taken out in my name which the police confirmed and I am currently awaiting a date to give evidence in court.
Three have previously also not cancled my broadband when promissing that they had, and I only found out when debt collectors contacted me. That took a year to sort out!!
What the hell do I do?!?
What the hell! didnt think all this could happen to one person, Can't say I have ever had a problem with three and I been with them about 6 years now. Not sure what advice I can really give you though. Just hope you get it all sorted in your favour.
slick1two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:12
artnada
Forum Member

I think 3 are grrreeeaat . As Tony the Tiger would say.
artnada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18
Gormond
Forum Member

I think 3 are grrreeeaat . As Tony the Tiger would say.
Surely Mickey Mouse would be a more suitable mascot
Gormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:15
scooby1970
Forum Member

Having been on and dealing with all the networks customer services (through home or work) all I can say is that sounds like some serious bad luck. I've never had problems with Three, their Customer Service has always been excellent, unlike some of the other networks.

Mark
scooby1970 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27
stud u like
Forum Member

I can't believe people don't pay by Direct Debit.
Very true. DD is the best way.
stud u like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:27
yeahuloveme
Forum Member

the company I worked for went bust, so all DD had to be cancled, and I had to pay them on the card to make sure I could track what was being spent etc.
Three were great, UNTILL I tried leaving them and then all this started
Old 06-11-2012, 10:37
acoolwelshbloke
Forum Member

Three are ok when dealing with basic CS stuff, run into a problem where it takes them off their script and your in for a hell of a time trying to get then to correct it.

I am with three on a cheapo sim only deal, would not take out a long term handset contract with them though.
acoolwelshbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07
yeahuloveme
Forum Member

this is it!
Had another arguement with them this morning about my payment being in limbo. Well Mrs ***** you need to send us your bank statement.
FIRSTLY I AM A MISS! secondly it does not show up yet. it shows the money has gone but not where to, which they do not understand, went round and round in circles till I hung up
Old 06-11-2012, 11:49
huwdw
Forum Member

Shouting and swearing at CS staff is a short route to no where as no one will want to help you.

Loosing your cool with them will do you no good in the long run in getting this sorted.
huwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08
yeahuloveme
Forum Member

I know this but they infuriate me, TBF its swearing like F's sake NOT swearing at them like you f-ing bla bla bla.
Old 06-11-2012, 15:54
acoolwelshbloke
Forum Member

this is it!
Had another arguement with them this morning about my payment being in limbo. Well Mrs ***** you need to send us your bank statement.
FIRSTLY I AM A MISS! secondly it does not show up yet. it shows the money has gone but not where to, which they do not understand, went round and round in circles till I hung up
So they may not have had the payment after all, i take it your bank like mine has a balance say 10.00 and an available balance of 10.00 then when you spend a fiver on your card your balance remains the same but you available balance drops to 5.00 but no transaction is listed on your statement for several days?

You may find within three days your available balance returns to 10.00 and nothing is listed in your statement regarding the transaction.
Old 06-11-2012, 17:05
yeahuloveme
Forum Member

So they may not have had the payment after all, i take it your bank like mine has a balance say 10.00 and an available balance of 10.00 then when you spend a fiver on your card your balance remains the same but you available balance drops to 5.00 but no transaction is listed on your statement for several days?

You may find within three days your available balance returns to 10.00 and nothing is listed in your statement regarding the transaction.
it says 48.77 has gone out, has an authorisation code, and POS but it does not say which company it has gone to, does that make sense?
Old 06-11-2012, 17:30
duffman25
Forum Member

email them on here and you will get a uk person helping http://www.facebook.com/ThreeUK#!/Th...83704431663714
duffman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 17:55
stud u like
Forum Member

Shouting and swearing at CS staff is a short route to no where as no one will want to help you.

Loosing your cool with them will do you no good in the long run in getting this sorted.
Of course it does. It improves the service.

Being meek and mild gets you no where.
Old 06-11-2012, 18:03
IslandNiles
Forum Member

Of course it does. It improves the service.

Being meek and mild gets you no where.
There's a difference between being firm and assertive, and losing your temper.

Shouting and swearing at people won't get you anywhere.
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 18:05
stud u like
Forum Member

There's a difference between being firm and assertive, and losing your temper.

Shouting and swearing at people won't get you anywhere.
I always get what I want. They always remember me.
Old 06-11-2012, 18:08
IslandNiles
Forum Member

I always get what I want. They always remember me.
If you say so.
IslandNiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 18:09
The Lord Lucan
Forum Member

Swearing means they can hang up, usually do. So in fact you won't get what you want. Anyone who thinks that is a grade A idiot.
The Lord Lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 18:10
tosha43
Forum Member

great service until something goes wrong then u r fooked
tosha43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 18:11
stud u like
Forum Member

Swearing means they can hang up, usually do. So in fact you won't get what you want. Anyone who thinks that is a grade A idiot.
I don't swear at anyone. I use long words from the dictionary.
Old 06-11-2012, 19:34
acoolwelshbloke
Forum Member

it says 48.77 has gone out, has an authorisation code, and POS but it does not say which company it has gone to, does that make sense?
I may be wrong then, if there is an authorisation code it should have gone through just fine.
Old 07-11-2012, 19:47
Steven L Hunter
Forum Member

My dad had problems with this network he was cancelling and they wouldn't accept the cancellation he ended up accepting a 12 month contract for 17 a month for 1000 mins unlimited texts and unlimited internet with a crappy blackberry phone free then it turns out they were charging about 30 odds a month and they put him on a 24 month contract and they looked into it and said he agreed to it and played back a muffled recording in the background which was supposed to be the call.

They are sharks!! Steer clear Three and TalkTalk are a similar company like this.
Steven L Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote