Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Borderlands 2 favourite and least favourite enemies.

Old 13-11-2012, 21:43
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

Love the Goliaths some of there quotes are great. Also quite enjoy killing Midgets (not the suicide variety though).
Worst enemys for me are Stalkers and Crystaliks (although when you kill the latter you get a shitload of XP and money).
TOONARMY12 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-11-2012, 23:19
Mark A
Forum Member

Can't say I'm a fan of Threshers much, especially the worm hole variety, when you're a bit underpowered or don't yet have a rapid-fire flaming shotgun.

Regards

Mark
Mark A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 00:49
AcidVenus
Forum Member

Not sure if this is a valid reply because I haven't played this but I played the first one.
Love the little Psycho's armed with a shot gun that fall back when they shot it haha.

Hated the Badass enemies until I got my 4xFire sniper.
AcidVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 07:52
Rich_L
Forum Member

Oh yeah the goliaths are brilliant, I always try and snipe their helmet off then run off and listen while they run around killing all the other enemies that have spawned in the same area.
Rich_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 08:59
Ænima
Forum Member

Least favourite has to be those damn repair drones that shoot around the battlefield firing emp's at you, then dart behind cover and in seconds, repair that badass constructer you spent several minutes trying to weaken. Also, buzzards. So annoying when they kill you and you have no real chance of second winding on them.

The best enemies are things like goliaths since they are hillarious (especially the midget variety ) and I like the way they can level up to godly levels I also think it's cool that the varkids can eventually morph into a secret invincible boss if you leave them long enough.
Ænima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 10:44
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

Oh yeah the goliaths are brilliant, I always try and snipe their helmet off then run off and listen while they run around killing all the other enemies that have spawned in the same area.
Have you managed to do the David meet Goliath trophy/ achivment?. I have tried for ages but they either end up getting killed or they trash every enemy before they level up and start on me , so I have to kill it.
Old 14-11-2012, 10:46
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

Least favourite has to be those damn repair drones that shoot around the battlefield firing emp's at you, then dart behind cover and in seconds, repair that badass constructer you spent several minutes trying to weaken. Also, buzzards. So annoying when they kill you and you have no real chance of second winding on them.

The best enemies are things like goliaths since they are hillarious (especially the midget variety ) and I like the way they can level up to godly levels I also think it's cool that the varkids can eventually morph into a secret invincible boss if you leave them long enough.
Buzzards aren't actually that bad. Sounds odd but best weapon against them, is a sniper rifle. I am using a caustic sniper rifle against them (can't remember the manufacter) but it takes less than a minute if that, to kill them.
Old 14-11-2012, 13:12
TracerTong
Forum Member

Have you managed to do the David meet Goliath trophy/ achivment?. I have tried for ages but they either end up getting killed or they trash every enemy before they level up and start on me , so I have to kill it.
I got that in Thousand Cuts in Bricks test where you have to survive against his bandits in the warehouse. I just went upstairs in the bottom right of the WH and shot the helmet off a Goliath and let him rip around the place, He doesn't bother with you and the bandits are too busy with him.
I used Axton for this and once he was up to GOD level, I just planted the Turret and let that finish him off whilst I just ran in a circle on the ground floor occasionally avoiding him til the turret recharged again.
TracerTong is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 13:15
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

I got that in Thousand Cuts in Bricks test where you have to survive against his bandits in the warehouse. I just went upstairs in the bottom right of the WH and shot the head off a Goliath and let him rip around the place, He doesn't bother with you and the bandits are too busy with him.
Cool thanks, will have to try that on Playthough 2
Old 14-11-2012, 13:16
TracerTong
Forum Member

Cool thanks, will have to try that on Playthough 2
It was playthru 2 I got it too.
Old 14-11-2012, 14:53
The Special One
Forum Member

Those guys with all the body armour and massive shields annoyed me, especially on the mission towards the end of the game where you had to kill 4 of the badass versions or something.
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 15:21
Rich_L
Forum Member

Yeah, I have done that - there is a mission you get sent on where there are a load of them so you can get this achievement quite easily.

I think it is the one:-

Spoiler

EDIT: Ah, I just read the same thing above, I didn't need the spoiler tag!!
Rich_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 16:46
TOONARMY12
Forum Member

Well think my new worst enemies are the Badass Pyro Threshers in the Caustic Caverns and Saturn
Old 14-11-2012, 19:58
TracerTong
Forum Member

Well think my new worst enemies are the Badass Pyro Threshers in the Caustic Caverns and Saturn
For Saturn, hide in the outhouse near the bridge. Kill him from there.