The Big Bang Theory - Season 6 - E4 - 15th Nov - 8pm (UK Pace)

RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 - E4 - 15th Nov - 8pm

Hi all! Checked to see if this thread was made but I couldn't find it so I decided to make one. (If this thread has already been made then I apologise:o)

So what did you all think of the first episode? I take it most of you have already seen this episode before E4?:D

I thought it was decent.

Comments

• Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't too bad. Felt a bit flat though and didn't seem to flow very well. Plus Raj was really annoying throughout the episode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao, Johnny Galecki was a bit of a party pooper. Left the stage when it started and then returned at the end. He must be shy. :D
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »

Thought that was more entertaining than the new season opener :)
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how they're doing the Space-Station scenes?

Obviously not done in front of the studio audience, but how are they doing the weightless effect?
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    Anyone know how they're doing the Space-Station scenes?

Obviously not done in front of the studio audience, but how are they doing the weightless effect?

I wondered that myself, then I found this: http://www.space.com/17891-big-bang-theory-space-set-design.html

It's not wires as you might expect.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I wondered that myself, then I found this: http://www.space.com/17891-big-bang-theory-space-set-design.html

Thanks for the link, very well done i thought!!
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was too much relationship rubbish in tonight's show.

Amy and Sheldon doesn't work and Leonard and Penny are just becoming boring.

Let's stick with the geek humour.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »

Interesting article. Thanks. Still don't know how they did the weightless pen, (or, for that matter, the smoking monkey).

I wish they put as much effort into the writing as into the production. I spent the first four years singing the praises of this show but my god, it's sooooo tired now!
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Interesting article. Thanks. Still don't know how they did the weightless pen, (or, for that matter, the smoking monkey).

I wish they put as much effort into the writing as into the production. I spent the first four years singing the praises of this show but my god, it's sooooo tired now!

Blimey. I've started speaking like Raj! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the pen was just CGI. His eye line didn't seem to match up with it when it floated.

That, or just a basic wire to hold it up.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I think the pen was just CGI. His eye line didn't seem to match up with it when it floated.

That, or just a basic wire to hold it up.

To me it looked like wires and green screens so a bit of both. It looked a bit too substantial to be completely computer generated (unless of course you are referring to green screens, CGI is a bit vague)
    I obviously missed the episode with the smoking monkey but Chuck Lorre says it was computer trickery http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/29/chuck.lorre.monkey.ew/index.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I did mean greenscreen rather than a completely computer generated image or drawing. lol

Was a bit vague.

I thought that smoking monkey one was hilarious especially when Amy said "They were out of menthol, get off my back". :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely hating what they're doing to Bernadette, giving her aspects of Howard's mum's character. in fact I've been hating what they've done with her since she went to see Howard's mum in the hospital. This episode, however, just took they just took the p!ss, in my opinion. And of course, Howard needs a spine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the hospital episode, thought it was hilarious when she suddenly came out with that voice and Howard obliviously said "She's sexy when she's angry" or something.

But, yeah, they've stretched it beyond a joke now. Most of the characters are stuck in repetitive one joke ruts.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can film a pen separately and then put it into a video. It's called matchmoving.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raj is still hilarious, but Leonard/Penny are getting so boring (especially since I've never liked Leonard and never understood the match with the lovely Penny) and Amy/Sheldon are just terrible.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao, Johnny Galecki was a bit of a party pooper. Left the stage when it started and then returned at the end. He must be shy. :D
    good catch - maybe, rather than being a nervous party pooper, dancing makes him nervous and when he gets nervous he needs to poop. :o
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me to be moving away from geek humour and going almost mainstream.

I feel Parsons is now carrying the show more than ever and without him it's finished.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    "You've got a call from your mother who sounds like your father"

:D:D:D

Isn't Jim Parsons gay though, and all this relationship with Amy business? :confused:
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Isn't Jim Parsons gay though, and all this relationship with Amy business? :confused:

Plenty of gay people play straight characters. Turning Sheldon gay wouldn't work, especially as Raj provides that character
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Agree that some of the plot lines are coming across as a bit tired. There's always a danger that character driven shows like this turn into collections of catchphrases and party pieces as they get older.
    The solution is attention to detail in the writing (some fresh blood needed?), allow some permanent character development and growth, and maybe some new central characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

:confused: He's an actor playing a character and you're confused because he's not the same as them?

I'm confused by your confusion.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: He's an actor playing a character and you're confused because he's not the same as them?

I'm confused by your confusion.

A good example of that Is Barney in How I met Your Mother, he one of the biggest womanisers on TV yet Neil Patrick Harris is gay

Just because someones Gay dosn't mean they have to play a Gay character on TV and vice versa
  • VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It seems to me to be moving away from geek humour and going almost mainstream.

I feel Parsons is now carrying the show more than ever and without him it's finished.

I agree, I'd like TBBT to become geekier again.

The show slowly seems to be going downhill now.

How come the sleaziest geek actually gets to marry a good-looking girl, with a career as well, and that somehow seems to work despite his unhealthy ties to his mother? I don't buy that and I don't find it funny.
    Without Sheldon's scenes the show would be quite bland now.