Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Bt Refunds

Old 16-11-2012, 05:08
bilsat
Forum Member

I lost all my services B.B., TV, & phone.for 9 complete days and they have given me 3.52 for the inconvenience!This doesn't even cover the rental for the lost days which they have still charged for, is there any way of getting a better refund?
bilsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-11-2012, 08:37
DANCE OF DEATH

I lost all my services B.B., TV, & phone.for 9 complete days and they have given me 3.52 for the inconvenience!This doesn't even cover the rental for the lost days which they have still charged for, is there any way of getting a better refund?
Send an E-mail to the CEO of BT. You have to send it to ian.livingston@bt.com. It might take a couple of days for them to reply to it, but they will get back in touch with you.
DANCE OF DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 12:01
BT Support
BT Support

Hi bilsat

I can gladly look into this for you to make sure you get the correct refund that you are due, just send me over the details via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Regards David
BT Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 05:05
bilsat
Forum Member

I had a reply from BT to say that under its terms & conditions that's the correct amount!
I worked it out like this

Line rental=14.60
B.B.= 8.25
TV= 4.00
total= 26.85

30 day month= 0.89 p per day
No service for 9 days= 8.05
Discount given = 3.52
Cost for NO SERVICE=-4.53
No refund for inconvenience, staying in when no-one calls, different stories about fault location, general poor service!
bilsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 12:36
Mitten Kitten
Forum Member

I was about to complain to BT, now I see it isn't worth the bother. No phone or broadband since Thursday and no communication from them since the 9 text messages between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Sat for the umpteenth time drinking an insipid tea in local Macdonalds. Have tried a few times to get onto the BT website with no joy, so can't even find out how things are progressing. At least I have a mobile, but a few of my neighbours are elderly and don't have them. They are stuck with no way of communicating with the outside world should there be a problem. It stinks. At the very least they should have daily communication with those affected who have mobiles - at least we can keep the neighbours updated as to what is happening. I am only on day 5 without communication. Hope it doesn't last as long as yours.
Mitten Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote