Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebs in Children In Need

Old 16-11-2012, 17:02
Goaty
Forum Member

Why do I feelings it's self promotion for them, as worst example is this Amy Childs
Goaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-11-2012, 17:26
SuperDude95
Forum Member

I bet the celebs don't even donate anything
SuperDude95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 17:28
MrMeatAndPotato
Forum Member

I noticed pretty much most of the performers happen to be performing their latest songs... should perform their biggest hit and then do one.

I find it quite tedious hearing multi million pound celebrities telling everyone else to donate money. I certainly will, as I always have done for CIN... but I don't need some patronising popstar or comedian telling me to do so.
MrMeatAndPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 17:37
rubberhammer
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsd4_4ist8
rubberhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 17:38
tediouslyrandom
Inactive Member

I noticed pretty much most of the performers happen to be performing their latest songs... should perform their biggest hit and then do one.

I find it quite tedious hearing multi million pound celebrities telling everyone else to donate money.
I certainly will, as I always have done for CIN... but I don't need some patronising popstar or comedian telling me to do so.
I doubt they give the same percentage of earnings to CIN as us mere plebs.
tediouslyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 21:57
80sfan
Forum Member

Peter Andre was on there when the telly came on tonight.

I swiftly changed channels, that said enough about the show to put me off
80sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 22:45
zx50
Forum Member

Why do I feelings it's self promotion for them, as worst example is this Amy Childs
It's the same with these Bank chief executives. They stand there with the cheque like they're in an advert. It's probably publicity for them. As well as raising money for disabled kids, they also get the media attention as well.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 22:59
di60
Forum Member

sorry this is not exactly OT but...

I think that dress of Fearn Cotton's is really unflattering..
di60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 23:01
Jason100
Forum Member

One Direction?
Jason100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 23:16
jsp263004
Forum Member

Wonder what demands these so called celebs made back stage?
jsp263004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 01:14
Wynne Evans
Inactive Member

Thats not even a zelebrity, thats scrapping a barrel.
Wynne Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 01:34
paralax
Forum Member

Girls Aloud asked to do the song this year, and got to warble (out of tune as usual) one of their latest songs. Blatent self promotion. I supose if it raises money it is good but they are doing it for their own careers rather than out of the goodness of their hearts.
paralax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 10:25
Sloopy
Forum Member

I think the BBC should be concentrating on cleaning up their own doorstep before inflicting any more of these self-promoting luvvies upon us.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 10:35
tediouslyrandom
Inactive Member

Didn't notice any musical theatre acts this year, just pop stars who happen to have a new album/single. The girl from EastEnders is probably hoping for a record deal, if she hasn't one already.
tediouslyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 10:58
sunsetbeach
Forum Member

And everyone moaned when George Michael performed his new song at the Olympic Opening ceremony. When its blatant that they only do it to promote themselves on CIN.
sunsetbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 11:15
lynwood3
Forum Member

We are paying for the production of this hypocritical, self-indulgent nonsense, then paying again.
lynwood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 11:21
Strict
Forum Member

I bet the celebs don't even donate anything
Pride of Britian made me laugh! When they came out with this hideous painting a kid did - not one decent celeb bidded for it! They had millionaires in that room...
Strict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 18:02
MonsterStar
Forum Member

Just watched girls aloud from the children in need performance last night, they sounded terrible and looked awful! They didn't perform like a group at all, just terrible.
MonsterStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 18:34
artlesschaos
Forum Member

Just watched girls aloud from the children in need performance last night, they sounded terrible and looked awful! They didn't perform like a group at all, just terrible.
I did enjoy Biffa nearly coming a cropper though.
artlesschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 18:50
Shomofo
Forum Member

I didn't see it but the one of my mates posted on Facebook that their OH thought it was a Kareoke session
Shomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 19:20
sheila blige
Forum Member

I doubt they give the same percentage of earnings to CIN as us mere plebs.
Well half of them don't even pay their taxes .... so no change there then! As usual - its plain Joe-PAYE-Public picking up the tab.

I'd sooner give money to a beggar in the street - there's more frigging honesty there!
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 19:24
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

So, the celebs for once do some good, are donating their time, and most likely money but even this is not good enough for people?
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 19:29
sheila blige
Forum Member

So, the celebs for once do some good, are donating their time, and most likely money but even this is not good enough for people?
Its self-promotion.

The likes of Kevin Costner, Sandra Bullock and no doubt others write out HUGE cheques AND do charity fundraisers. Can't see many on CIN doing that. I got fooled into sending off quite a large donation a few years back. Never again! You know - if the celebrities paid their taxes as they should - there wouldn't be much need for these kind of things! But then again - they'd be doing themselves out of valuable airtime.

The show's crap anyway.
Old 17-11-2012, 19:36
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

Its self-promotion.

The likes of Kevin Costner, Sandra Bullock and no doubt others write out HUGE cheques AND do charity fundraisers. Can't see many on CIN doing that. I got fooled into sending off quite a large donation a few years back. Never again! You know - if the celebrities paid their taxes as they should - there wouldn't be much need for these kind of things! But then again - they'd be doing themselves out of valuable airtime.

The show's crap anyway.
And how do we know which celebrities do give money to charities and how much? Are they supposed to publish this? And if they did, that would be called out on that as well, using charity to promote themselves.

Regardless of why each celebrity preformed, they did it for free and the money goes to a good cause. And people interested get to see a good show. Sounds like a win win for me.
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 19:39
sheila blige
Forum Member

Regardless of why each celebrity preformed, they did it for free and the money goes to a good cause. And people interested get to see a good show. Sounds like a win win for me.
There's hasn't been a decent CIN night (for entertainment value) for ages now though. Its quite awful - unfunny sketches, bad singers. I watched the Pointless Celebrities (but I would have watched Pointless anyway - love that show) then I switched over to ITV for the night and then FX for The Walking Dead - far better entertainment.