Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

LastResort and 666ParkAve Cancalled

Old 16-11-2012, 22:55
garthy2008
Forum Member

So gutted they have canalled both these shows
garthy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-11-2012, 23:17
LeeleeSTAR
Forum Member

Really, thought lt resort was doing fine ratings wise. Why's it been canned? I hope the wrap the show up with a conclusion.
LeeleeSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 23:18
koantemplation
Forum Member

I thought Last Resort would go, but it's a shame about 666 Park Avenue, the storm was the last nail for that show.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 23:24
spaintv
Forum Member

Last Resort lacked something, and 666 Park Avenue was awful.
spaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 00:01
tamibeckett
Forum Member

ABC will show the entire season (13 episodes) for both shows. CBS cancelled Partners and won't show the remaining episodes!
tamibeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 00:46
mattienicholls
Forum Member

Really, thought lt resort was doing fine ratings wise. Why's it been canned? I hope the wrap the show up with a conclusion.
It was doing far far from fine, hell bloody CW beat it in the ratings... This has been on the cards since the lackluster ratings of the pilot.
mattienicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 16:18
ashe17
Forum Member

I like last resort but for me I can't see how story wise they could move it to a second season. So in a odd way i'm happy about this.
ashe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 20:24
jaimesw
Forum Member

Last resort is so bad, but I am watching still!!!!

666 Park Avenue I stopped watching after 4Ĺ episodes as it just didn't get out of 2nd gear.
jaimesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 12:03
CPW4EVER
Forum Member

Even from reading the premise of the show, I knew from the beginning that 666 was likely to struggle on network TV as the idea seemed quite niche. Had it aired on a channel like SyFy it may have stood a better chance.

Last Resort on the other hand had the potential to be amazing. It's probably the most disappointing show of the new season. The OTT patriotism was a bit annoying but I think it's main flaw was it's casting and writing. After three episodes there wasn't a single character that I cared about so I gave up watching.
CPW4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 16:53
lovetochat
Forum Member

Lost interest in 666 Park Avenue after two episodes, and even then I had to force myself to watch the second episode in case it got better....
lovetochat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 01:35
007Fusion
Forum Member

I predicted that the Last Resort would go as i couldn't see any long term vision for the show. In addition to the episodes i watched (up to ep 3) showed no quality or clear progreession in the storyline. As for 666 Park Avenue, it has slowly been improving and the mystery is opening up. But i feel the show could make better use of all its charcters, giving them more to do with the main story and more reasonable interaction between themselves. So i'm disappointed it's going but not heartbroken.
007Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 04:04
irishguy
Forum Member

Shawn Ryan hasn't had a lot of luck since The Shield. Maybe he should move back to cable where they're less demanding of audience figures. He says that at least this allows them to go out in style with some badass episodes. It would be great if he could get Andre Braugher and Jay Kearns working together again.
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 13:25
NoEntry2k
Forum Member

Shawn Ryan hasn't had a lot of luck since The Shield. Maybe he should move back to cable where they're less demanding of audience figures. He says that at least this allows them to go out in style with some badass episodes. It would be great if he could get Andre Braugher and Jay Kearns working together again.
Not sure itís luck, I just donít think Shawn Ryan has done anything remotely close in terms of quality since The Shield.
The Shield is my favourite programme of all time so Iíve watched everything Shawn Ryan has been connected too since, but have given up on them all. Apart from The Chicago Code, which was alright.

Meanwhile, the cancellation of The Last Resort might be a saving grace for Hawaii Five-0 as they are being evicted from the building theyíve used as a soundstage and base for the past 3 seasons and finding a replacement in Hawaii was proving very difficult. That, along with lower ratings this year could have jointly put itís future in jeopardy, but maybe now they can utilise the Diamond Head studios that The Last Resort was occupying.
NoEntry2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 13:55
CJClarke
Forum Member

Meanwhile, the cancellation of The Last Resort might be a saving grace for Hawaii Five-0 as they are being evicted from the building theyíve used as a soundstage and base for the past 3 seasons and finding a replacement in Hawaii was proving very difficult. That, along with lower ratings this year could have jointly put itís future in jeopardy, but maybe now they can utilise the Diamond Head studios that The Last Resort was occupying.
Hawaii 5-0 will be safe for another season either way. From what i gather, it's already got a syndication deal so CBS actually have to guarantee 88 episodes which means it'll get at least one more season after the one currently airing, regardless of the dropping ratings, although those ratings may rise once NBC's Revolution goes off the air for 4 months in two weeks time. I can see 5-0 being moved to Friday though for Season 4 (which probably spells doom for CSI: NY as it'll have to take its timeslot).
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 14:14
tamibeckett
Forum Member

Shawn Ryan hasn't had a lot of luck since The Shield. Maybe he should move back to cable where they're less demanding of audience figures. .
His show, Terriers got cancelled by the cable network FX. Apparently, the critics liked it but the ratings were abysmal.
tamibeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 14:27
LostFool
Forum Member

Shame about Last Resort. It's a show with many problems but there was still the core of a good concept in there. Given a few changes in cast and scripting, I feel it could have been rescued.

Only saw 2 episodes of 666 Park Avenue and wasn't fussed by it.
LostFool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 19:50
irishguy
Forum Member

Shame about Last Resort. It's a show with many problems but there was still the core of a good concept in there. Given a few changes in cast and scripting, I feel it could have been rescued.

Only saw 2 episodes of 666 Park Avenue and wasn't fussed by it.
I like Terriers.. thought it had great potential but the audience figures were pretty dire.

Not sure anything could have saved Last Resort... There's an interesting interview with Shawn Ryan on Youtube where he points out the major disadvantage they had with the time slot ABC gave them...

The show is running against Big Bang Theory which draws in a huge audience and also NFL games that appeal to the same male demographic that LR was aiming for. In recent years every show that ABC has put on in this slot has failed.

It's an interesting interview.. worth watching for fans of the Shield and LR which get discussed quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRem4...HWjaYz-EPzglbg
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 13:03
Corwin
Forum Member

Both shows are only just filming their Finales so hopefully there will be some closure.
Corwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 13:09
paulschapman
Forum Member

Both shows are only just filming their Finales so hopefully there will be some closure.
It has been reported that both shows will get a proper finale. I was enjoying Last Resort - there was a lot more than a sub not firing missiles as ordered to it. Have not seen any of 666 Park Avenue
paulschapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 14:20
Sniffle774
Forum Member

I like last resort but for me I can't see how story wise they could move it to a second season. So in a odd way i'm happy about this.
I agree. Sometimes a show could benefit from short run to tell its story.
Sniffle774 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 17:55
thetvking
Forum Member

with 13 episodes and having time to wrap it up, it's only like when UK shows only have 2 series of 6 episodes.

The plan is always for big US shows to run for years. Having "mini series" or single season shows might not be a bad way to go. Instead of going for multiple years. The instead of having to cancel a raft of shows every year.
thetvking is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 01:57
Deccomajor
Forum Member

Last Resort is a good show but as i said on the main forum for the show that considering what the show defined i could not seeing it get past a first season.
Deccomajor is offline   Reply With Quote