167891012»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    Seriously :rolleyes:

It was a quick cut and paste from tellymix because some FMs were asking for the songs. Thankless task it seems. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks frally :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Thanks frally :)

You're welcome. :)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are songs & dances in spoiler tags when they are openly available on the BBC?

I have often wondered about this as the list seems to come out at about the same time. :confused:

However, song wise, Imagine - Yuk & Candy - Yuk. A couple of the rest are borderline too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Why are songs & dances in spoiler tags when they are openly available on the BBC?

I have often wondered about this as the list seems to come out at about the same time. :confused:

However, song wise, Imagine - Yuk & Candy - Yuk. A couple of the rest are borderline too.

Because there's no SPOILER warning in the thread title and some FMs want to know the dance but not the songs?

Also following what other posters have been doing.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    Because there's no SPOILER warning in the thread title and some FMs want to know the dance but not the songs?

Also following what other posters have been doing.

OK, just seems somewhat difficult to judge how someone is dancing without knowing the music. Interpretation of the song and choreography are totally interdependent.

Watching someone do Tango moves to an unknown song with a standard tango tune in your mind can look strange. However, when the music they are tangoing to is known, it all becomes clear.

Early training can be more easily judged without music as they will be practising & repeating the basic steps and moves without needing to be exactly on the beat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously :rolleyes:

That's not even the first time I've seen that typo, same thing happened another week. What are they on, eh?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a quick cut and paste from tellymix because some FMs were asking for the songs. Thankless task it seems. :rolleyes:

I'm referring to what i have put in bold.....Lisa Riley & Robin Cousins. I guessed it was down to the original source, why don't these people double check things :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    That's not even the first time I've seen that typo, same thing happened another week. What are they on, eh?:rolleyes:

I always double check my work, it's just embarrassing otherwise :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always double check my work, it's just embarrassing otherwise :D
    Goodness, we are superior.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief! :rolleyes: Do you even know what i am talking about??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, of course, the fact that Cousins was written and not Windsor. It's just instead of a smiley face you rolled your eyes and made a comment, then you went on to say that it's an embarrassment not to spot typo's. Bit unfair to frally that's all.
    Rolling eyes is a bit of an affliction with you .. here's some back at you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you'll find after double checking your post that that should be a capital "I" ;):p:p:p
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, of course, the fact that Cousins was written and not Windsor. It's just instead of a smiley face you rolled your eyes and made a comment, then you went on to say that it's an embarrassment not to spot typo's. Bit unfair to frally that's all.
    Rolling eyes is a bit of an affliction with you .. here's some back at you :rolleyes:

To be fair, the "Biggrin" in the post about chacking typposs kind of indicates "joke".

*Wanders aimlessly away from thread muttering "Calm down, calm down" in hopelessly fake scouse accent*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No worries, daziechain. :)

Daisy19 will be posting all future lists, rather than just criticising them, as she always double checks her work. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, of course, the fact that Cousins was written and not Windsor. It's just instead of a smiley face you rolled your eyes and made a comment, then you went on to say that it's an embarrassment not to spot typo's. Bit unfair to frally that's all.Rolling eyes is a bit of an affliction with you .. here's some back at you :rolleyes:
    I wasn't referring to Frally, seems i got confused :eek:
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I think you'll find after double checking your post that that should be a capital "I" ;):p:p:p
    :D
    To be fair, the "Biggrin" in the post about chacking typposs kind of indicates "joke".

*Wanders aimlessly away from thread muttering "Calm down, calm down" in hopelessly fake scouse accent*
    Thankyou, it was a joke.
    No worries, daziechain. :)

Daisy19 will be posting all future lists, rather than just criticising them, as she always double checks her work. :rolleyes:

Ok, i obviously have it wrong judging by the backlash i am getting ;)

Apologies to Frally but i thought she/he had just copied and pasted it from Tellymix? it was Tellymix i did the roll eyes smiley to as i thought they could at least get the names right, doesn't really matter on here.
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here goes my rating out of 10

Lisa: 0 need I say more
    Karen: 6 A bit skinny; not so pretty; Though I'd like to salsa with her
    Denise: 1 Skinny legs; maybe if she kept her mouth shut.
    Flavia: 10 PERFECTION
    Victoria: 4 pre-show favourite; nice glasses; nice figure; can't dance
    Dani: 9+ too young so maybe her mum; great now she can dance
    Kimberley: 2 meh
    Natalie: 9+ Beautiful, elegant, but not my type (I think)

I love dancing with women - in hold. I don't do out of hold dad dancing. My wife doesn't like to dance. At a wedding a few weeks ago wives were asking me for a dance weeks before the wedding ;-) Their husbands were happy drinking or smoking outside.

you gave Flavia a 10. and kimberely a 2? this needs reversed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Daisy19, like me, wasn't referring to frally. Making mistakes in a post on a forum isn't a big deal.

Making a factual error on website content that you are paid to provide however, does look a bit unprofessional. I was noting that it wasn't the first time they had called him Robin Cousins, because a few weeks ago DS itself copied the song list from tellymix and the same error was there. I am starting to think they genuinely believe that he is Robin Cousins. :eek:

Anyway, apologies to frally if you were offended - that wasn't the intent at all. :)