Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Spolt by the ads?

Old 18-11-2012, 08:38
elliebop
Forum Member

Not necessarily related to this show specifically, though this is the one where the ads irritate me the most.

I watched XF last night and the show had been on for just under half an hour and we'd only seen one act. I know it's an ITV problem and not necessarily an XF problem, but personally I feel that the X Factor would be better if it had more continuity - for example, they could bring in a group song, or with less ad breaks we could see more clips from rehearsals, and that sort of thing.

What do you think?
elliebop is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-11-2012, 09:41
jackbell
Forum Member

I never watch Live so don't notice the ads. In fact I've not even watched last night's episode yet.

I'm not a very good X Factor fan.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 13:19
elliebop
Forum Member

If it didn't take so long for ITV to put it on catchup I wouldn't watch it live either.
elliebop is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 13:50
Snozzcumber
Forum Member

I always Sky Plus it and watch it later, skipping the commercials. I'd go mad if I had to sit through 20 mins of ads.

Some people enjoy the live experience complete with tweeting, facebooking and foruming though.
Snozzcumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 14:13
_drak
Forum Member

Same here, watch on catch up, not only can you skip the ads but also the performers you don't like, it cuts the thing down to about 20 minutes.
_drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 14:30
alan_m
Forum Member

Not necessarily related to this show specifically, though this is the one where the ads irritate me the most.

I watched XF last night and the show had been on for just under half an hour and we'd only seen one act. I know it's an ITV problem and not necessarily an XF problem, but personally I feel that the X Factor would be better if it had more continuity - for example, they could bring in a group song, or with less ad breaks we could see more clips from rehearsals, and that sort of thing.

What do you think?
Get a PVR with a jump (skip) forward function. When the programme begins start recording and then watch something else for an hour. After the hour has elapsed start viewing the time shifted X factor and skip forward during the ads and any other dross content in the programme. The end of X factor on the PVR will then end long before the actual live programme ends You may find that you are only watching 10 to 15 minutes of real content.
alan_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 14:43
Sex
Forum Member

I watch live while on forums, so dosen't really bother me anymore because I can use those ad breaks to got toilet...ect
Sex is online now   Reply With Quote