Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Smart TV

Old 18-11-2012, 17:34
Franglais
Forum Member

Do these sets have BBC iPlayer in them? Sorry I hardly know anything about Smart TVs except I think it needs to be connected to the Internet?

My TV's on it's last legs so beginning to look around for a 32" variety.
Franglais is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-11-2012, 18:33
mooghead
Forum Member

Most do, depends on the manufacturer. My Sony does and for what its worth iplayer is the ONLY smart feature I ever use, youtube is ok but all the other stuff is a waste of time.
mooghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 20:27
Stuart_h
Forum Member

I have a samsung smart TV and because of that we have now cancelled sky and subscribed to netflix and lovefilm

samsung seem to be the leaders in the smart side of TV - although ITV player is a little dubious on some models....

add a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse and its quite a ueable web browser too
Stuart_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 21:42
Peter the Great
Forum Member

I have a samsung smart TV and because of that we have now cancelled sky and subscribed to netflix and lovefilm

samsung seem to be the leaders in the smart side of TV - although ITV player is a little dubious on some models....

add a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse and its quite a ueable web browser too
It's just a shame that Netflix is not available on certain models with mine being one of them.
Peter the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 22:01
Stuart_h
Forum Member

It's just a shame that Netflix is not available on certain models with mine being one of them.
i have a smart TV - ITV Player available but doesnt work
also a smart BD/Freeview+ - ITV Player not available

both have Netflix (which ive managed to point to the *cough* USA version )

it seems strange that Samsung are so close to having a good setup but cant seem to polish it completely .....
Old 19-11-2012, 11:31
JamesBsheppard
Forum Member

I Have a Panasonic with BBC I Player which works well, with very good picture quality when in HD mode
JamesBsheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 20:51
David (2)
Forum Member

i do have a couple of catch up options on my freesat box, and a few more on my Bluray player (none on the tv), but tbh, i use the PC for all the Smart stuff. The tv and PC are linked together using an HDMI cord. I also have a wireless keyboard with built in trackpad for "remote control" of the PC. As its PC based I dont see any such issues with certain things not working on certain devices,+ the advantage of proper web browsing on the tv.
David (2) is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 00:19
Stuart_h
Forum Member

i do have a couple of catch up options on my freesat box, and a few more on my Bluray player (none on the tv), but tbh, i use the PC for all the Smart stuff. The tv and PC are linked together using an HDMI cord. I also have a wireless keyboard with built in trackpad for "remote control" of the PC. As its PC based I dont see any such issues with certain things not working on certain devices,+ the advantage of proper web browsing on the tv.
Netflix and iPlayer seem to play much better on the Samsung Smart app than they do on my Acer Revo (connected to the TV)........
Old 20-11-2012, 21:31
mikebuk
Forum Member

The BBC iPlayer on mine stalled ever since I got the set. The volume won't change and the picture freezes. I just watch it through Sky or BT.
mikebuk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote