Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nokia Lumia 610 mms

Old 20-11-2012, 12:38
keezie
Forum Member

I can't receive any picture messages on my phone, if someone sends a pic, i receive a message saying " Get media content now" click on it but nothing happens??

Does anyone have any solutions??

Thanks
keezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-11-2012, 12:42
twogunthom
Inactive Member

Try sending yourself a pic message click on pic choose send and put your own number in, if that fails you may have to contact your service provider to update your network service
twogunthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 15:11
IvanIV
Forum Member

You must have data connection on. WP7 uses the same APN for both MMS and Internet.
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 15:40
TeeGee
Forum Member

Its not that simple. Having Googled the problem myself I spent a couple of hours with the phone last night and it still would not work. Today I spent a couple of hours in my local Carphone Warehouse and they could not get it to work either!

CPW are on the case but I am not holding my breath. It looks like a fix is needed from either or both of Microsoft and Nokia. May need to get the phone changed for one that "works" !!
TeeGee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 15:48
twogunthom
Inactive Member

That handset got a good review on The Gadget Show a couple of weeks ago as a budget handset coming it at around 75.
twogunthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 17:33
TeeGee
Forum Member

That handset got a good review on The Gadget Show a couple of weeks ago as a budget handset coming it at around 75.
CPW are giving them away! Maybe that's because they don't send MMS
Old 21-11-2012, 07:27
IvanIV
Forum Member

I sent my first MMS to myself from my Lumia 800 which has the same OS. No problem at all. I have my APN configured manually, because I changed a provider and it did not configure properly. Anyway, I think MMS are a bit passe now, everybody has a smartphone and an email now. And MMS are charged rather steeply, too, if not in a plan.
Old 23-11-2012, 16:32
TeeGee
Forum Member

Ivan - Good point re email. It would be nice however if MMS actually DID work!
Old 24-11-2012, 06:59
IvanIV
Forum Member

Data connection must be ON in Settings, Mobile network

If does not work yet, in Nokia collection in Marketplace there's an app Network configuration. Get that, enter info from your provider into an APN.

Sometimes it is enough to add only basic APN info in Settings Mobile network, at the bottom.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:24
retrovertigo
Forum Member

Curious to know is the OP ever solved this?

I have a Lumia 710 with the same problem - and a quick google shows I'm far from being alone.

Network setup app seems to set up sms and internet just fine, but not mms.

Tried inputting apn manually, but am unsure of a couple of the boxes as they are named differently to any generic t-mobile settings that you see.

It isn't essential, but I do have a few friends who don't have email accounts set on their phone so having mms is handy on occasion.
retrovertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10
AKW
Forum Member

Curious to know is the OP ever solved this?

I have a Lumia 710 with the same problem - and a quick google shows I'm far from being alone.

Network setup app seems to set up sms and internet just fine, but not mms.

Tried inputting apn manually, but am unsure of a couple of the boxes as they are named differently to any generic t-mobile settings that you see.

It isn't essential, but I do have a few friends who don't have email accounts set on their phone so having mms is handy on occasion.
I have a 710 and no problems with MMS. Put the SIM in and it worked.
AKW is offline   Reply With Quote