Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Clara = worst companion ever?

Old 23-11-2012, 21:54
Scorpio2
Forum Member

Last night I dreamed that it was Christmas day and I saw the Snowmen and it was awful, possibly the worst Christmas special ever and the new companion Clara was cringeworthy and basically a Rose type character who was madly in love of The Doctor.
Dark days are ahead for Who I'm afraid.
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-11-2012, 21:59
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

She Hasnt Been On Yet!
davrosdodebird is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Torry_Z
Forum Member

Are you prone to premonitions?

Don't panic!
Torry_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

Troll thread is trolling.
Old 23-11-2012, 22:03
Scorpio2
Forum Member

Don't panic!
Yes I'm 2007 I had a dream and in it Moffat became the new headwriter and it did happen so I think this will aswell.
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:19
Benjamin Sisko
Forum Member

Even if this is a joke thread, I gotta admit, it's pretty ironic as a similar thread will exist with the same title, minus the question mark, played entirely seriously in at least two months time. -_-' It happened with Martha, Donna and Amy. It's inevitable.

However, if this is that thread, better now than later.
Benjamin Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:20
JAS84
Forum Member

Jesus Christ! You can't call her the worst when we've only seen less than a minute of her!
JAS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:23
James Frederick
Forum Member

Not as long as Amy is still considered a companion
James Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:28
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

Yeah why do we bother even calling Amy a companion anyway? She was only in 2 1/2 series and had popular support amongst the general public
Old 23-11-2012, 22:30
James Frederick
Forum Member

Yeah why do we bother even calling Amy a companion anyway? She was only in 2 1/2 series and had popular support amongst the general public
I've found it more 50/50 with her she's not as popular as some think she is.

I accept a lot of people like her but a lot also don't
Old 23-11-2012, 22:30
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

Same goes for every companion.
Old 23-11-2012, 22:39
HandsomeBB
Forum Member

Last night I dreamed that it was Christmas day and I saw the Snowmen and it was awful, possibly the worst Christmas special ever and the new companion Clara was cringeworthy and basically a Rose type character who was madly in love of The Doctor.
If you wait a few minutes I know there's going to be a poster coming along who will feed you a lot better than me.
HandsomeBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:48
Benjamin Sisko
Forum Member

I've found it more 50/50 with her she's not as popular as some think she is.

I accept a lot of people like her but a lot also don't
And Karen's Best Actress award win at the National Television Awards 2011 fortunately put those Amy haters firmly in the minority thankfully.
Benjamin Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:55
James Frederick
Forum Member

That was more Who support than Karen support (I'd sooner a bad Who actress win than someone from another show) the only good scene she ever did was her last one which I admit was well acted apart from that all she did was sulk and wear dodgy clothing
Old 23-11-2012, 22:57
TLC1098
Forum Member

That was more Who support than Karen support (I'd sooner a bad Who actress win than someone from another show) the only good scene she ever did was her last one which I admit was well acted apart from that all she did was sulk and wear dodgy clothing
Karen wasn't great but she was a lot better than Billie Piper.
TLC1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:57
Sophie ~Oohie~
Forum Member

Don't panic!
Yes I'm 2007 I had a dream and in it Moffat became the new headwriter and it did happen so I think this will aswell.
You think that's bad? I had a dream that someone dropped a nuclear bomb on England (a real one, not that it happened in Doctor Who)!

Sophie ~Oohie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 23:03
James Frederick
Forum Member

Karen wasn't great but she was a lot better than Billie Piper.
I preferred Billie/Rose which is odd as when she was first announced I hated the idea that they were going to use a cr@p singer from the 90's but the girl did OK.

TBH I even like Adric more than Amy only one I dislike just as much or maybe just maybe slightly more is Lady Christina de Souza as Michelle Ryan is one of the worse actress in the history of TV
Old 23-11-2012, 23:19
snakecharmer37
Forum Member

You can't be serious. How can you make a judgement like that, without seeing her in action first. For all we know, this Clara could be an excellent companion, can't be any worse than Amy. Plus, in my opinion, Rose wasn't cringeworthy until series four anyway, and then not nearly as bad as Martha.
Yes, I have stated I have doubts about this years Christmas special, but that's only because of the two previous ones being utter sh*t. I hope I am wrong and it turns out to be fantastic. We will have to wait and see. Even if it does turn out to be rubbish, I won't judge Clara just on one episode, I shall wait and see what she is like in the rest of the series. Then decide if I like her or not.
snakecharmer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 23:22
sandydune
Forum Member

it hasn't happened yet.

Clara may be curious about the Doctor as most companions are, don't think she will be in love with him. The Doctor likes questions, Clara might ask lots of questions.
sandydune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 23:52
CD93
Forum Member

You just made the list.
CD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 00:38
Theophile
Forum Member

Yeah, but Rose was at least 20, this girl looks about 15. She might have a crush on the Doctor, but she probably won't love him so much as pass him notes in class asking if he likes her.
Theophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 00:47
Nick_DK
Forum Member

Good grief.

In line for worst thread of the year someone starting a thread because of a dream.
Nick_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 01:15
Listentome
Forum Member

Good grief.

In line for worst thread of the year someone starting a thread because of a dream.
Am I dreaming this thread? It's so ludicrous it can't be real.
Listentome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 02:11
codename_47
Forum Member

Scorpio2=Worst dreamer ever?

We've all had that dream of a TV show or film we've been looking forward to for ages being out and not living up to our expectations.

It just means that our minds aren't as good at imagining the TV show than the TV show is at surprising us!

Which is surprising really, because my subconcious is much better at imagining my real life than I am
It's a lot more fun when I'm asleep

What we don't do when we have those dreams is hold it against the show in question we're dreaming about.
That way madness likes

Scorpio2, if you dream about your partner cheating on you are you then really mad with them all day?
Bet you're exactly that type too
codename_47 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 02:16
The Alpha Gamer
Forum Member

I don't like her either, but it wont be the worst christmas ep, did you not see last year's?
The Alpha Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote